• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't see the game sadly, but w.e it seems we got owned bad.

I've been bitter about barca current level for a couple of months... I guess this confirm my fears.

Can't be helped... we were a novelty 3 years ago, now we are slow and predictable. We have no coach, our keeper was always a joke and no one is playing well.

so much for my "bring it"... I hope we can still change things but i don't see it. A failure of a season in the making

Cheer up, you got the league :p

arkon

I've been bitter about barca current level for a couple of months... I guess this confirm my fears.

Can't be helped... we were a novelty 3 years ago, now we are slow and predictable. We have no coach, our keeper was always a joke and no one is playing well.

so much for my "bring it"... I hope we can still change things but i don't see it. A failure of a season in the making

Getting the league title back is seen as a failure? Not to mention you're still in the CL.

Wow.

When Rooney returned from Euro 2012 overweight and seemingly unmotivated, I thought we should look into the possibility of selling him. But he's been pretty decent since coming back from injury imo. He has plenty of goals and assists and his overall contribution to the team is as good as it usually is.

I know he gets criticised for not performing to his best in the Champions league but he's still a monster in domestic competition. If we were guaranteed to sign a proven world class talent with the Rooney money then SAF should go ahead and sell him if he really wants to. But imo there aren't many players out there who can replace him.
If they're willing to pay close to £50m we should sell.

I doubt they are though.

hehe amazing review :) I want to get the game, I just dont know whether I should try getting it early or wait for the release date and play it together with the rest of the world.

funny "Clueless Conan" appears to be a better gamer than Jimmy Fallon is

Well, the game does appear to be playing itself.

flippedb

Banned
Look what I found lol

celebracion_zps43b3bd53.gif

TrueBlue

You know you've had a great run of success when a league-winning season is considered a failure.

G-Unit

Getting the league title back is seen as a failure? Not to mention you're still in the CL.

Wow.

for me yes it is. As I said I'm unfairly expecting barca to be in all finals and win at least 2 out of 3 trophies. But what is really annoying me is our current lvl. So weak considering we basically have the same players. I'm starting to miss Yaya, because as much as I think busquets is better than YAYA, he is another player with 0 goals in his boots

Suen

Not even if Maradona were to snort the penalty area line, so that every foul on our half of the pitch would be a pen for Napoli.

Thanks! Could go either way, it's the match of the season for Nabule.

:lol :lol. Come to think of it wasn't there a player who snorted goal line after he celebrated doing a goal? Forgot who it was.

Maradona : "I'm the best snorter of all time. Messi is great, but he didn't snort the line in Milan. Pele? He just snorts stupid things."

It will be a good match, looking forward to it. Why is it such an important match for Napoli? Because of the current ranking?

Well goalkeeping is far from Russia's biggest problem currently. Akinfeev is probably our best player, lol. He hasn't conceded a goal in forever for the national team. What we really need is a good striker, or anybody who isn't Kerzhakov really. Hopefully Kokorin continues developing, because I don't see much hope from any of the other youngsters.
I meant one of Lev Yashin's quality :D You know I was really surprised to see Russia get kicked out in the group stages last year in the Euros. Expected them get lot further lol. Why is there a lack of good striker though? And how distributed are Russian players in the rest of the domestic leagues in Europe? Just checked Kokorin now, plays for the same team Yashin played for, pretty cool. Still 21 which is pretty young. Will keep an eye on this guy in the future now that you've mentioned him.

You read me wrong. What I meant with 100% was indeed work-rate. I know how he plays and his work-rate is admirable and it's something a lot of top players should take note.

That doesn't change the fact that he was awful before his shot and eventual goal, except that one good in the second half. He had a lot of bad passes and looked quite sloppy.
Pretty much this.

If this happens I will use a Cavani avatar for a week afterwards

Such is my belief in the Juve superiority..
Remember these words!

Via that same link:

:p
I knew I made the right decision. Wanted to buy this game at release but I already have so many games to play so I decided to wait. Then they announced the expansion and the original game + expansion was an inevitable thing. Time to buy it.

Zabojnik

Juve should just buy Lampard and stick him up front.

We obviously need a water-closet, I mean world-class striker, but I get the feeling this team would benefit even more if we were to buy a technical winger. Someone like Camoranesi, Ribery, etc. Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are really good, but they're adapted in that role. Asa is really a central midfielder, Licht is a RB.

flippedb

Banned
I don't think this u20 team has beat Mexico in this cycle at all. Are you talking about the Azteca game?

USA has always been the superior team of the area. That U20 is no parameter, even our U20 team beat them, that's how bad they are. I do have to admit, Mexico's young teams are pretty good.

Ronaldo didn't score in one of the early season Clasico's iirc. I think it's 6 games in a row at the Camp Nou.

9 goals in his last 8 against Barca.

Clegg

If they're willing to pay close to £50m we should sell.

I doubt they are though.

Do you think their interest is legit or is it just a story to sell papers?

And then who do well buy with that money? Fergie will want a striker if he lets go of Rooney but there aren't that many who fit the bill. Lewandowski is very good but he's a definite downgrade on Rooney. Falcao/Cavani would still be out of our reach imo and after that there aren't many players of high enough quality for us to be interested in.

Or maybe Ferg would eschew any thoughts of buying a striker and go all out for Bale/Ronnie etc. If we sell Rooney maybe we'll go with RVP/Welbz/Chich and then give some time to Henriquez.

Scum

Do you think their interest is legit or is it just a story to sell papers?

And then who do well buy with that money? Fergie will want a striker if he lets go of Rooney but there aren't that many who fit the bill. Lewandowski is very good but he's a definite downgrade on Rooney. Falcao/Cavani would still be out of our reach imo and after that there aren't many players of high enough quality for us to be interested in.

Or maybe Ferg would eschew any thoughts of buying a striker and go all out for Bale/Ronnie etc. If we sell Rooney maybe we'll go with RVP/Welbz/Chich and then give some time to Henriquez.

Why would Falcao or Cavani be out of reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom