• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

He was godly at stopping penalties too, stopping 150+ in his career.

And like you said, a badass.

When asked what his secret was, he would reply that the trick was

Russia won an Olympics with him, won Euros, made the final of another Euros and semis of the World Cup. Without him we basically have the international accomplishments of a footballing minnow, like Colombia. Sorry Andres
, for dropping truth bombs.
Have to admit Black Spider is a pretty cool nickname. Russia need to create another Lev Yashin.

:lol at the last part. Andres, do not fear my man. Falcao, Martinez and Rodriguez will create a miracle together that only Yashin could stop!

Holy fuck that new episode of Always Sunny where they go to the restaurant is good

The bit where Mac and Charlie are just staring at eachother...nearly pissed myself

<3 Mac & Charlie

I am loving Dragon's Dogma. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since playing Bioshock 1 and Mass Effect 1

No Microsoft, I do not want to upgrade to outlook.com

tumblr_llcuj3vt5n1qagjn7o1_500.gif

Outlook.com is a lot better.

I see De Gea has been going to the gym.

Utd have a track record of managing to bulk up their players. It's quite impressive

FootballFan

Oh well I'm off to go get distracted by something else. :(

Congrats Madrid and Madridistas. We've handed you guys beatings but it was our turn to get one.

Has anyone seen this Mo Farah interview?

He'd just won the New York half marathon and was being interviewed by a TV reporter.

Reporter asks "You've run before right?"
Its bizarre. I don't really understand if she's asking if he's run before...like...ever? Surely not.

God Hand is the best game on PS2. #Fact

Ahaha Viva, why those posts in particular? :p
Just a random selection :p

Wooden is the threads champion tonight. Amazing work. My hero.

panty

I refuse to buy DD for current-gen consoles. Give me a PC release with 60 fps.
Oh well I'm off to go get distracted by something else. :(

Congrats Madrid and Madridistas. We've handed you guys beatings but it was our turn to get one.

Don't worry, you'll win the Liga clash.

rvy

Banned
"He continues giving 100% even if he's shit which is great, much respect."

Read my post again, I agree with you.

You said he was awful. Giving it 100% doesn't mean having a high work-rate. Ronaldo gave it a 100% and his work-rate wasn't high. Hell, Ronaldo is negligible in his midfield.
Di Maria will never be able to pass the ball. That's not what Mourinho wants from him. And he will never get any respect because Madridistas don't seem to understand what his purpose seems to be.

FootballFan

Holy fuck that new episode of Always Sunny where they go to the restaurant is good

The bit where Mac and Charlie are just staring at eachother...nearly pissed myself

<3 Mac & Charlie

loooooooooool good idea. Sunny would be a nice distraction. That scene was fantastic. Laughed just by reading your post about it.

Suen

Now all that is left this week is to have Cavani make a hole through Juventus.

Good luck Juve, I'm rooting for you in this game only because of Pirlo's beard

Clegg

Its bizarre. I don't really understand if she's asking if he's run before...like...ever? Surely not.
Farah really didn't know what she was talking about either. The pause right before he asks her to repeat the question makes me chuckle.

I hope to God she meant to ask had he run that specific race before. It doesn't bode well for her or her station if she thought he was just some amateur runner who was pretty good at the sport.

Zabojnik

Not even if Maradona were to snort the penalty area line, so that every foul on our half of the pitch would be a pen for Napoli.

Thanks! Could go either way, it's the match of the season for Nabule.

Have to admit Black Spider is a pretty cool nickname. Russia need to create another Lev Yashin.

:lol at the last part. Andres, do not fear my man. Falcao, Martinez and Rodriguez will create a miracle together that only Yashin could stop!

Well goalkeeping is far from Russia's biggest problem currently. Akinfeev is probably our best player, lol. He hasn't conceded a goal in forever for the national team. What we really need is a good striker, or anybody who isn't Kerzhakov really. Hopefully Kokorin continues developing, because I don't see much hope from any of the other youngsters.

panty

You said he was awful. Giving it 100% doesn't mean having a high work-rate. Ronaldo gave it a 100% and his work-rate wasn't high. Hell, Ronaldo is negligible in his midfield.
Di Maria will never be able to pass the ball. That's not what Mourinho wants from him. And he will never get any respect because Madridistas don't seem to understand what his purpose seems to be.

You read me wrong. What I meant with 100% was indeed work-rate. I know how he plays and his work-rate is admirable and it's something a lot of top players should take note.

That doesn't change the fact that he was awful before his shot and eventual goal, except that one good in the second half. He had a lot of bad passes and looked quite sloppy.

arkon

If this happens I will use a Cavani avatar for a week afterwards

Such is my belief in the Juve superiority..

Clegg

Times run with PSG in for Rooney.

Give us however much it takes to sign Bale and take him.

When Rooney returned from Euro 2012 overweight and seemingly unmotivated, I thought we should look into the possibility of selling him. But he's been pretty decent since coming back from injury imo. He has plenty of goals and assists and his overall contribution to the team is as good as it usually is.

I know he gets criticised for not performing to his best in the Champions league but he's still a monster in domestic competition. If we were guaranteed to sign a proven world class talent with the Rooney money then SAF should go ahead and sell him if he really wants to. But imo there aren't many players out there who can replace him.

G-Unit

I couldn't see the game sadly, but w.e it seems we got owned bad.

I've been bitter about barca current level for a couple of months... I guess this confirm my fears.

Can't be helped... we were a novelty 3 years ago, now we are slow and predictable. We have no coach, our keeper was always a joke and no one is playing well.

so much for my "bring it"... I hope we can still change things but i don't see it. A failure of a season in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom