• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Booo dumb Canadian defence, where was the pressing?
True, not always. But they've been dominant for over 10 years now. What has changed in the past three years? They're still better than Mexico. Sorry.

If you are basing that on one friendly won with a smash and grab goal where Howard was the MotM (which is a valid tactic! that was a great result for you guys), then I have no real retort.

arkon

Look what I found lol

celebracion_zps43b3bd53.gif

Superb.

for me yes it is. As I said I'm unfairly expecting barca to be in all finals and win at least 2 out of 3 trophies. But what is really annoying me is our current lvl. So weak considering we basically have the same players. I'm starting to miss Yaya, because as much as I think busquets is better than YAYA, he is another player with 0 goals in his boots

I guess that comes with continued success. For me, winning the league in any season would automatically make that a successful one.

You need to change things. Bench Cesc. Iniesta through the middle and Villa to start. Seems to be what most Barca fans were crying for before the game.

Yaya would definitely have been more of a goal threat.

arkon

We obviously need a water-closet, I mean world-class striker, but I get the feeling this team would benefit even more if we were to buy a technical winger. Someone like Camoranesi, Ribery, etc. Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are really good, but they're adapted in that role. Asa is really a central midfielder, Licht is a RB.

Maybe if you ask for a water-closet Marotta will get you a world-class striker instead?

Clegg

Why would Falcao or Cavani be out of reach?
I just think we'd spend the money on two £20m+ players rather than lump all of it on one superstar. As much as I'd like to see us sign Ronnie/Bale/Ozil I just don't think that's how we operate as a club any more.

Nesotenso

As a US fan, it is easy to see how Mexico is better than us. The recent results and their youth team pretty much tells you all you need to know.The US can play better though and I don't think it is a huge gap to overcome.

Do you think their interest is legit or is it just a story to sell papers?

And then who do well buy with that money? Fergie will want a striker if he lets go of Rooney but there aren't that many who fit the bill. Lewandowski is very good but he's a definite downgrade on Rooney. Falcao/Cavani would still be out of our reach imo and after that there aren't many players of high enough quality for us to be interested in.

Or maybe Ferg would eschew any thoughts of buying a striker and go all out for Bale/Ronnie etc. If we sell Rooney maybe we'll go with RVP/Welbz/Chich and then give some time to Henriquez.
James Ducker is reliable. I don't think it's made up but all he's saying is that PSG are considering a move, it's a pretty tame story really.

If we got £40m for him id say go for Götze or Isco, somebody like that. A genuine world class talent who is already capable of delivering.

Would be a massive risk though. Rooney is still a great player. Only reason id be tempted is because he's going to be 28 soon and he doesn't look after himself at all.

G-Unit

Superb.

I guess that comes with continued success. For me, winning the league in any season would automatically make that a successful one.

You need to change things. Bench Cesc. Iniesta through the middle and Villa to start. Seems to be what most Barca fans were crying for before the game.

Yaya would definitely have been more of a goal threat.

I would sit xavi, and messi for a couple of games. Actually I would start using xavi just as a remplacement. He can't control games anymore, not sure if because of age or injuries, but for me he lost it, Even if messigaf keeps saying he still has it, I don't see it. Pedro need some bench too... just running around does nothing for our game, he is fit for spain because teams seems to not close as much as teams are closed to barca game. We need another central defender for next season. Be gone valdez, you were just a lucky dude. Keep iniesta at mid fields plz! he is not a scorer! and keep messi off mid field, he can't slalom every time.

What else mmm.. not sure if we should keep alves.. i guess he just need to keep himself defending, he seems to have lost his stamina to be running around.

Scum

I just think we'd spend the money on two £20m+ players rather than lump all of it on one superstar. As much as I'd like to see us sign Ronnie/Bale/Ozil I just don't think that's how we operate as a club any more.

So, that's Wilshere and...

Clegg

James Ducker is reliable. I don't think it's made up but all he's saying is that PSG are considering a move, it's a pretty tame story really.

If we got £40m for him id say go for Götze or Isco, somebody like that. A genuine world class talent who is already capable of delivering.

Would be a massive risk though. Rooney is still a great player. Only reason id be tempted is because he's going to be 28 soon and he doesn't look after himself at all.

Hadn't even thought of those two players. Doesn't Gotze have an alleged £35m buyout clause too?

I think we'll get another 2 or 3 good years out of Rooney before he starts his decline. And I fear he won't have a graceful one like Giggs/Bergkamp.

Messi

Thanks for the bum fucking Madrid.

Well deserved.

Pedro I am ashamed of you tonight, and to think I wore your jersey out today.

Hadn't even thought of those two players. Doesn't Gotze have an alleged £35m buyout clause too?

I think we'll get another 2 or 3 good years out of Rooney before he starts his decline. And I fear he won't have a graceful one like Giggs/Bergkamp.
I know but his contract will be up for renewal by the end of the year. Are we going to pay him £200k until he's 32/33? Sometimes I think sure, why not. Then I remember the way he turned up for the start of the season, it was a disgrace.

Tough one.

I would be gutted to lose Rooney though, even for a lot of money and a top talent replacing him. Very much been a part of the United I've grown up with and always thought he'd retire here.

G-Unit

Thanks for the bum fucking Madrid.

Well deserved.

Pedro I am ashamed of you tonight, and to think I wore your jersey out today.

He reminds me of saviola He became useless once defenders started to put some weight on them, as in using the shoulders just enough to make him lose balance

feel

Pretty nice that Ronaldo used to be mocked at Camp Nou for his choking and primadonna antics and now he's feared and respected, and keeps a very low profile drama wise. Wanted Mou to sub him near the end just to see if some of the Barcelona crowd would applaud him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom