• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
You need charisma and you need to be a former player to be believable to the youngsters.

But they already know what to do. Everyone knows for himself what he can do with a ball. Player A pass it to player B and player B scores. It's that simple. No need for 'tactical' talk, or act like certain managers are the 2nd son of God.

rvy

Banned
If you have Lunchbox on ignore then you're missing out.

Why are you still here?

ghsfly9.gif

rvy

Banned
dimaria-ankles-2-26-13.gif

Gets no respect from Madridistas, had he not done this and they would have claimed he was woeful when in reality he was one of the best players for Madrid.

Noirulus

Gets no respect from Madridistas, had he not done this and they would have claimed he was woeful when in reality he was one of the best players for Madrid.

I defended him earlier. His defensive work-rate is nothing short of impressive for a winger. He's a great player.

Suen

Yeah, people don't even hesitate when mentioning best keeper of all time.

Never seen any clips of Yashin but he must have been amazing for everyone to praise him as much as they do.
He must have been, all that praise can't exist from nothing and I doubt the same bias towards players today existed then :lol. If there are two players I would have loved to see playing in their prime it's definitely Pelé and Yashin.

The Black Spider, baby. Godly reflexes, great athleticism, basically invented the concept of sweeper keeper. Only keeper to ever win ballon d'or. He was so good at stopping shit at going into net that he also won a Russian championship in hockey one year.
What a bad ass man. I wonder how long it will take till another keeper can win Ballon D'or. In fact, when will we get a keeper as good as Yashin? Clearly a genius of his time.

panty

He was awful before that, all 57 minutes. His form is bad compared to last season and he's so unpredictable. He continues giving 100% even if he's shit which is great, much respect.

FootballFan

They were still claiming he didn't do well and praised Ronaldo for scoring lol. Di Maria works extremely hard to defend too. Something Madridistas would notice only once he stops playing.

He does do dumb passes/dribbles. But for example he isn't half as bad as Sanchez has been this season.

What a bad ass man. I wonder how long it will take till another keeper can win Ballon D'or. In fact, when will we get a keeper as good as Yashin? Clearly a genius of his time.

He was godly at stopping penalties too, stopping 150+ in his career.

And like you said, a badass.
Yashin said:
"What kind of a goalkeeper is the one who is not tormented by the goal he has allowed? He must be tormented! And if he is calm, that means the end. No matter what he had in the past, he has no future."

When asked what his secret was, he would reply that the trick was
Yashin said:
"to have a smoke to calm your nerves, then toss back a strong drink to tone your muscles."

Russia won an Olympics with him, won Euros, made the final of another Euros and semis of the World Cup. Without him we basically have the international accomplishments of a footballing minnow, like Colombia. Sorry Andres
, for dropping truth bombs.

Suen

Puyol :( He gets no respect becaue he's inconsistent, what did he do the first half? I think I said it before, Di Maria is amazing when he's playing great but when not he doesn't become average but below average.

Clegg

Has anyone seen this Mo Farah interview?

He'd just won the New York half marathon and was being interviewed by a TV reporter.

Reporter asks "You've run before right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom