• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Before I go to bed, I leave you with this:

http://i.minus.com/ibwwPrt4UTb8UC.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibo8kr7w3wRi0S.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow, giving up a goal like this in FIFA would have had me livid and cursing and bitching about how fake the game is. Incredible.

faridmon

Farid Mondragon, cute

I don't get so I'll just post a gif instead

OAu8t.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
At the risk of coming across as an ignorant asshole, I gotta ask: who or what the hell is/are Chivas?
Chivas is the nickname for Club Deportivo Guadalajara, which is the most successful club in Mexico. Thing is we have only won three trophies in the last thirty or so years, so we are like the Liverpool of Mexico.

Zabojnik

Chivas is the nickname for Club Deportivo Guadalajara, which is the most successful club in Mexico. Thing is we have only won three trophies in the last thirty or so years, so we are like the Liverpool of Mexico.

Thank you Regulus, yours and Andres' posts will make much more sense now. Probably just yours, actually. The donkey lover is a lost cause.

That Sakanaction song is pretty boss.

pulga

Banned

Loooooool

Viva Monarcas (are they still in Primera? I havent watched Mexican football since the Pavon days).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Loooooool
At least you can't blame me for being a glory hunter, unlike some other people!
Viva Monarcas (are they still in Primera? I havent watched Mexican football since the Pavon days).
Yeah, they are consistently one of the best teams even if they don't win championships.
México sucks
How does it feel to be knocked out of your own World Cup by a country that sucks so much?

Lightning

Banned
That Rafa rant is very funny. Chelsea dropped the ball here because Rafa is a better manager than Di Matteo. Di Matteo rode a great wave of luck to achieve success and started the season decently but the fact Chelsea were knocked out at the group stages of the CL this season was down to him and their season form slumped and he lacked answers to correct that as he was never the man to carry the club forward. The fact that Chelsea have an inbalanced squad doesn't help them, only Torres and now Ba as your CF's is not good enough if you want to challenge for the PL and CL.

Rafa is a very good manager, a significant upgrade on Di Matteo, but Chelsea as a whole club made his job impossible to do. You cannot blame Rafa for anything that is going on at Chelsea.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's either him or Salcido. Take your pick.
At least most people aside from Chepo agree Salcido is past his prime. I constantly hear people argue Jona should make the national team when he has played, what, ninety full minutes at Barcelona this entire season?
Is his brother any good?
He's very talented, but his night time life has seriously hindered him at getting any real credibility in clubs that have any ambitions whatsoever. He's playing for Real Mallorca right now, who are penultimate in La Liga.

At least most people aside from Chepo agree Salcido is past his prime. I constantly hear people argue Jona should make the national team when he has played, what, ninety full minutes at Barcelona this entire season?

Because he's playing for a spot on the GOAT midfield. You could put any mexican midfielder, and they would be in his situation. He should move on, but let's not kid ourselves. He wouldn't be getting so few minutes were he on another team. Shit, Gio was playing regularly for Mexico and he couldn't get minutes for Tottenham (partly due to Redknapp and Gio's party reputation).

The most overrated club in Mexico. They are not even 1/10th of what Liverpool are. They won most of their "trophies" when soccer was played by amateurs. They are more comparable to Bilbao from spain, in that only mexican born players can play there. They play most of their games with an almost empty stadium, and their fans are savages and ignorant. When most of their "fans" are outside of their city, you can tell just how idiotic the mexican soccer fan really is.

Example: One of their legends, "Chava" Reyes, who was part of their dynasty team from the 60's and has the record for most goals scored in the club died... and the fans didn't even care... his funeral was almost empty... it was sad... hahahaha... the popularity of the team is based on an illusion of "mexican" pride. no one really gives a shit about them.

The most overrated club in Mexico. They are not even 1/10th of what Liverpool are. They won most of their "trophies" when soccer was played by amateurs. They are more comparable to Bilbao from spain, in that only mexican born players can play there. They play most of their games with an almost empty stadium, and their fans are savages and ignorant. When most of their "fans" are outside of their city, you can tell just how idiotic the mexican soccer fan really is.

I can't be the only one that loves this feud can I?

Timurid

Example: One of their legends, "Chava" Reyes, who was part of their dynasty team from the 60's and has the record for most goals scored in the club died... and the fans didn't even care... his funeral was almost empty... it was sad... hahahaha... the popularity of the team is based on an illusion of "mexican" pride. no one really gives a shit about them.

:lol :lol :lol

ipqQMVBKViuiB.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What's the point of me putting people on the ignore list if you are just gonna quote their strawmen anyway?
Because he's playing for a spot on the GOAT midfield. You could put any mexican midfielder, and they would be in his situation. He should move on, but let's not kid ourselves. He wouldn't be getting so few minutes were he on another team. Shit, Gio was playing regularly for Mexico and he couldn't get minutes for Tottenham (partly due to Redknapp and Gio's party reputation).
It's difficult to assess Jona's real quality because we never see him play, though. That's my problem here; he's an unsolved variable in a position we are not exactly lacking people for. Plus, Mexico's current problems are more in the last third of play. Jona's not the panacea some make him out to be.

I can't be the only one that loves this feud can I?

it's not really a feud. if he were posting on a mexican forum he would be torn to shreds. He loves to oversell any mexican team, especially his shit tactic chivas.

edit: on rare instances he posts something unbiased, in which i agree, like Jonathan dos Santos sucking ass.

Timurid

What's the point of me putting people on the ignore list if you are just gonna quote their strawmen anyway?

It's difficult to assess Jona's real quality because we never see him play, though. That's my problem here; he's an unsolved variable in a position we are not exactly lacking people for. Plus, Mexico's current problems are more in the last third of play. Jona's not the panacea some make him out to be.

Ignore lists are for pussies!

Anyway are Santos Laguna any good?

Ignore lists are for pussies!

Anyway are Santos Laguna any good?

They have one of the best fans in all of Mexico. They play pretty good offensive football with good technical players, and the manager is one of mourinhos pals. The problem with them is that the administration running the team makes wacky decisions sometimes and they change manager every season just for the fuck of it. Those changes affect the players, and thus they usually have 1 great season followed by a mediocre one like the current one.

Lightning

Banned
This sounds wrong, please don't tell me he gives you sexual favors fry.
What are your thoughts on where Chelsea are at? Rafa looks fed up and frustrated and Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are in a scrap for 2 spots.

Chelsea look out of sorts, Arsenal are inconsistent as fuck and Spurs are praying Bale's form lasts until the end of the season as aside from him they look completely average.

Seriously lol.

The Chelsea managerial job only lasts a year anyways.

Better than Palermo job lasting two weeks.

On Benitez : You are interim, get your fat ass out of the club you clueless cunt and stop listing whatever you have won before, I'm sure even the journalists can wiki your name, you can always go to Liverpool at some point soonish and be worshipped as a demigod.

What are your thoughts on where Chelsea are at? Rafa looks fed up and frustrated and Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are in a scrap for 2 spots.

Chelsea look out of sorts, Arsenal are inconsistent as fuck and Spurs are praying Bale's form lasts until the end of the season as aside from him they look completely average.

Pretty much have to pray on Arsenal and Spurs messing up, it's only going downwards right now and it won't end until we get both a new central midfielder with some brain (like Ballack), a new forward to replace Torres and a new manager. Nothing is going to change Chelsea supporters not liking Benitez, he is and always will be hated.

I wouldn't say it's unrealistic at all for Chelsea to get CL spots, but there's also a good possibility it won't happen.

As a Mexican actually living in Mexico, I can confirm that this is all true.

To give a bit of credit to Chivas (as much as I hate them) is that their owner is an asshole. He hired Johan Cruyff's company to assess the club's structure and to help the general philosophy of the club, in order to make them play better, but the owner ended the services after just 6 months. He also built the Chivas stadium in the middle of nowhere (just outside the city), so the commuting time is absolutely terrible.

He's also worse than Abramovich when it comes to firing coaches. I think that in the last 2 years, Chivas has had like 5 coaches IRC (Real, Quirarte, Ambriz, Van't shit, Galindo, maybe I'm missing someone?)

Timurid

They have one of the best fans in all of Mexico. They play pretty good offensive football with good technical players, and the manager is one of mourinhos pals. The problem with them is that the administration running the team makes wacky decisions sometimes and they change manager every season just for the fuck of it. Those changes affect the players, and thus they usually have 1 great season followed by a mediocre one like the current one.

Thanks for the info. I was curious to know how they were doing.

Also the Toro forum I go to just opened a sub forum for liverpool fans...

To give a bit of credit to Chivas (as much as I hate them) is that their owner is an asshole. He hired Johan Cruyff's company to assess the club's structure and to help the general philosophy of the club, in order to make them play better, but the owner ended the services after just 6 months. He also built the Chivas stadium in the middle of anywhere (just outside the city), so the commuting time is absolutely terrible.

To be fair, Vergara (the owner) is a genius as a businessman. He realized how the team was built on selling false hopes to an ignorant fan base. He's making a shit load of money in endorsements and Television rights alone.

Lightning

Banned
Pretty much have to pray on Arsenal and Spurs messing up, it's only going downwards right now and it won't end until we get both a new central midfielder with some brain (like Ballack), a new forward to replace Torres and a new manager. Nothing is going to change Chelsea supporters not liking Benitez, he is and always will be hated.

I wouldn't say it's unrealistic at all for Chelsea to get CL spots, but there's also a good possibility it won't happen.
It's your fixtures man, something has got to give. Last season Di Matteo sacrificed the league for the cups and he was right but not an option this year because winning Europa league doesn't give you qualification to the CL. Chelsea play a game every 3 days constantly and don't have a large enough squad to handle it.
it will result in burn out of your players, another trip to Old Trafford for the FA cup won't help.

Because of our cup crapiness we only have the league to focus on. An advantage but pathetic for a club of out stature. Come start of March and a hard battle for 4th is all we have to look forward too. Again!

Heart Attack : The BRAD IS LEAVING is a joke, he hasn't left. :lol

It's your fixtures man, something has got to give. Last season Di Matteo sacrificed the league for the cups and he was right but not an option this year because winning Europa league doesn't give you qualification to the CL. Chelsea play a game every 3 days constantly and don't have a large enough squad to handle it.
it will result in burn out of your players, another trip to Old Trafford for the FA cup won't help.

Because of our cup crapiness we only have the league to focus on. An advantage but pathetic for a club of out stature. Come start of March and a hard battle for 4th is all we have to look forward too. Again!

It's certainly part of the reason and everyone could see this before the season started, everything about the club is however rotten currently so need a bit of a revolution internally to fix things.

To be fair, Vergara (the owner) is a genius as a businessman. He realized how the team was built on selling false hopes to an ignorant fan base. He's making a shit load of money in endorsements and Television rights alone.
Well yeah, although he was dumb enough to hire Johan Cruyff, which costed him a few million dollars.

Alberto Coyote served as interim coach between Ambriz and Van't Schip.

The whole Quirarte situation was hilarious though. Chivas losing against Queretaro (lol) in the Liguilla, then like 5 consecutive games without winning a single game (I think they lost them all?), and finally, Vergara blaming Quirarte about the shit Chivas form even after he was gone. LOL

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom