• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The whole Quirarte situation was hilarious though. Chivas losing against Queretaro (lol) in the Liguilla, then like 5 consecutive games without winning a single game (I think they lost them all?), and finally, Vergara blaming Quirarte about the shit Chivas form even after he was gone. LOL
Pretty sure we beat Atlas right before that Liguilla. The five consecutive games was what led to the Güero dismissal in the regular tournament.

EDIT: Actually, no, we tied Atlas and Pachuca.

The whole Quirarte situation was hilarious though. Chivas losing against Queretaro (lol) in the Liguilla, then like 5 consecutive games without winning a single game (I think they lost them all?), and finally, Vergara blaming Quirarte about the shit Chivas form even after he was gone. LOL

That shit was epic. Cardozo (a true fucking legend) was the coach, and sure he parked the bus. But Queretaro was full of ex-Chivas players and B-team Chivas players on loan.

Timurid

Heart Attack is my favorite poster
This is for you beautiful.

12294_382941498864_329842_n.jpg

flippedb

Banned
You're ... not italian? I gotta start writing this shit down.

I thought that was pretty clear, m8.

Edit: It's not mean, it's the true lol

Edit2: Wooden, I could get you some coffee, though. It's among the best coffee in the world, next to the Colombian one.

Great news about Rafa leaving at the end of the season. Terrible manager, its just a shame he is blaming the fans for his complete failure to get the best out of the team and Fernando Torres (which we all know is why he got the job). The chanting aimed at him isn't that bad at all.

Great news about Rafa leaving at the end of the season. Terrible manager, its just a shame he is blaming the fans for his complete failure to get the best out of the team and Fernando Torres (which we all know is why he got the job). The chanting aimed at him isn't that bad at all.

It's the same with his time at Inter, everyone's fault but his own. But at least he can't claim to have been a success at Chelsea (like he is with Inter lol) as he managed to mess up all the trophies possible to win.

Arnie

It's people like you who believe Champions League qualification is a given, a simple task, achievable by the most basic managerial proficiency. It's not. Especially in 2013.

You can not expect such vociferous and acidic home support to push a group of players to produce the sort of form and consistency required to achieve such qualification, no matter how good a manager is. Home form is crucial to momentum and consistency, and it's impossible for a team to achieve such things with 'agenda' driven fans. Simple. Facht.

Or you can pull the wool over your eyes and shout 'rafa aaat' until your dreams come true. But as the man himself says, you will be in the Europa League next season. Chelsea fans deserve everything they get.

You could argue that it was a mistake to sack a manager as loved as RDM, and replace him with such a divisive figure as Benitez, but in large that's not what the fans have been doing. They've been castigating a man who's come in to win them football matches, and a man with a proven track record of doing so. You've also cemented a reputation for your club that could, and most probably will have damaging effects on who you can hire in the future.

It's people like you who believe Champions League qualification is a given, a simple task, achievable by the most basic managerial proficiency. It's not. Especially in 2013.

You can not expect such vociferous and acidic home support to push a group of players to produce the sort of form and consistency required to achieve such qualification, no matter how good a manager is. Home form is crucial to momentum and consistency, and it's impossible for a team to achieve such things with 'agenda' driven fans. Simple. Facht.

Or you can pull the wool over your eyes and shout 'rafa aaat' until your dreams come true. But as the man himself says, you will be in the Europa League next season. Chelsea fans deserve everything they get.

You could argue that it was a mistake to sack a manager as loved as RDM, and replace him with such a divisive figure as Benitez, but in large that's not what the fans have been doing. They've been castigating a man who's come in to win them football matches, and a man with a proven track record of doing so. You've also cemented a reputation for your club that could, and most probably will have damaging effects on who you can hire in the future.

Vociferous and acidic? What a load of bollocks, its not that bad at all, trust me I'm a season ticket holder.
We dropped the abusive chants which we used to sing when he was Liverpool manager and now all he gets is a quiet song "we don't care about Rafa...." sung at most a couple of times a game (I have been to a couple where it hasn't been sung at all) by a minority of fans. Its nowhere near as bad as the "You don't know what your doing" chant that many managers have to put up with from time to time and they would have probably stopped by now if we were showing any small sign of improvement.
Chelsea fans are still getting behind the players and the team, you still hear the usual chants like, flying high, we know what we are etc. with extra emphasis on Lampard and Cole because of their contract issues.
We do chant on 16 minutes "One Di Matteo" which is loud and clear but thats out of respect for a club legend and anger at the way he was treated and I would not be surprised if that continues after Rafa has left.

He is just looking for other people to blame for his complete failure.

Kyoufu

lol you've been acidic to Rafa ever since he joined.

Can't blame him for thinking Chelsea fans are a load of wank stains.

And I'm not saying Rafa is a brilliant manager or anything, but your "support" is laughable. Enjoy Europa League next season.

lol you've been acidic to Rafa ever since he joined.

Can't blame him for thinking Chelsea fans are a load of wank stains.

But don't you remember that it was going to go away once Rafa "stabilized the team" which you could already see with his first match against City? Liverpool fans and Balague will keep gargling on that Rafa cock no matter how terrible he does, probably more fun than to look at their own insignificant cunt hair on the vast vaginal beauty that is premier league and their support of Woy.

Kyoufu

But don't you remember that it was going to go away once Rafa "stabilized the team" which you could already see with his first match against City? Liverpool fans and Balague will keep gargling on that Rafa cock no matter how terrible he does, probably more fun than to look at their own insignificant cunt hair on the vast vaginal beauty that is premier league and their support of Woy.

lol, like I said, I'm not saying he's a great manager but you have to support your team, it's that simple. :p

lol, like I said, I'm not saying he's a great manager but you have to support your team, it's that simple. :p

Always support the team. Don't always support the manager or management like the idiotic board members. Last season we had RAUS chants for our manager during the last many matches of the season, banners and uhm... This with his face on lol

aaAazOh.jpg

It worked to some extend... He's still our director of sports but at least we got a proper manager.

Arnie

Once again you're showing yourself up if you find little distinction between the two.

Liverpool fans campaigned for his removal after, under Roy, the team began to show relegation form and performances. That's only fair, no? If you're being outplayed by Blackpool at home something's not right. Incidentally Chelsea were outplayed by Reading at the Bridge under RDM, so the team was clearly troubled prior to Rafa's arrival.

We gave Roy two months, you gave Rafa two minutes. Chelsea under Rafa have been far better than Liverpool under Roy, also.

confuziz

Banned
PSV striker Jurgen Locadia (19 years old) scored an hattrick against PEC Zwolle yesterday. He is now more effective (looking at goals/minutes played) than Messi. Locadia has an average of 64 minutes per goal (total of 9 goals), Messi has 69.

Dat future striker

That looks like some T-1000 shots on those windows.

We gave Roy two months, you gave Rafa two minutes. Chelsea under Rafa have been far better than Liverpool under Roy, also.

There was a terrible attitude to him right from the beginning even if it didn't result in chanting against him like with Benitez from the get go. FACT.

Either way, can't wait for FSW to be gone and you lot crying for him. Could see it happening very soon after his mouth diarrhea yesterday.

Kyoufu

Always support the team. Don't always support the manager or management like the idiotic board members. Last season we had RAUS chants for our manager during the last many matches of the season, banners and uhm... This with his face on lol

It worked to some extend... He's still our director of sports but at least we got a proper manager.

I don't always support the manage either but the difference here is Chelsea fans NEVER supported Rafa.

He was a marked man as soon as he signed on the dotted line.

Anyway, if he wins 2 trophies before he leaves I will laugh...

GorillaJu

The attitude toward Woy really wasn't that vocal at the start. Certainly not moreso than when hiring Rodgers. As in any appointment (even Dalglish), there are doubters and naysayers.

What is FSW? You mean FSG (owners?)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The attitude toward Woy really wasn't that vocal at the start. Certainly not moreso than when hiring Rodgers. As in any appointment (even Dalglish), there are doubters and naysayers.

What is FSW? You mean FSG (owners?)

Fat Spanish Waiter

Fry

Yes, Robben did so well with that goal.

It's not even that. It's him showing his passion that rules. He gets shit every day from Bayern and non Bayern fans and has episodes like CL and WC final in his file. He deserves to be the hero once. (again)

Once again you're showing yourself up if you find little distinction between the two.

Liverpool fans campaigned for his removal after, under Roy, the team began to show relegation form and performances. That's only fair, no? If you're being outplayed by Blackpool at home something's not right. Incidentally Chelsea were outplayed by Reading at the Bridge under RDM, so the team was clearly troubled prior to Rafa's arrival.

What are you on about? We completely outplayed Reading at home under RDM and beat them 4-2. They were lucky it wasn't more and the performance considering we had just signed a bunch of new young players was great.
Under Benitez we drew 2-2 with them away and lost to QPR at home. Its been a terrible few months considering what Chelsea have come to expect, not only have results been worse but the more direct style of play has been extremely boring to watch and it doesn't suit the players very well.

Linius

It's not even that. It's him showing his passion that rules. He gets shit every day from Bayern and non Bayern fans and has episodes like CL and WC final in his file. He deserves to be the hero once. (again)

I fully agree. It's time for him to be important to Bayern again.

The_Joker

i don't know if this was posted yet but according to some papers (f.i. Kicker) the EU is trying to change some rules regarding tansfers

1. CLUBS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIGN LONG-TERM CONTRACTS (once the initial contract is fulfilled, clubs should only be allowed to sign new 1-year-contracts with players...that means that they can't give another long-term contract in order to raise the transfer-fee)

2. fairplay-fee for high transfer-fees...when a team buys a player for a lot of money (they are discussing the cut off- line) they will have to pay a fee which will go to smaller clubs

3. there should be a maximum transfer-fee which should not be exceed (like nobody costs more than 50 million...there is no exact number in the article)

4. clubs will have to say the exact transfer-fee they payed

5. clubs should have a maximum number of players (something like 25...there is no exact number in the article)

6. clubs will have to say who as furhter rights on players (they mean the tevez-like-transfers where there are cooperations that buy like 33% of players)

7. new rules for players on loan (no further information)

8. financial fairplay

so...what do you think about this?

and sorry for the bad english...i had to translate this from a german newspaper and apparently my english isn't that good :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
i don't know if this was posted yet but according to some papers (f.i. Kicker) the EU is trying to change some rules regarding tansfers

1. CLUBS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIGN LONG-TERM CONTRACTS (once the initial contract is fulfilled, clubs should only be allowed to sign new 1-year-contracts with players...that means that they can't give another long-term contract in order to raise the transfer-fee)

3. there should be a maximum transfer-fee which should not be exceed (like nobody costs more than 50 million)

5. clubs should have a maximum number of players (probabaly 25)

so...what do you think about this?

How about no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom