• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm all for a better regulated transfer system that also somehow incorporates a distribution of wealth to lower league teams to make them more competitive.

i don't know if this was posted yet but according to some papers (f.i. Kicker) the EU is trying to change some rules regarding tansfers

1. CLUBS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIGN LONG-TERM CONTRACTS (once the initial contract is fulfilled, clubs should only be allowed to sign new 1-year-contracts with players...that means that they can't give another long-term contract in order to raise the transfer-fee)

2. fairplay-fee for high transfer-fees...when a team buys a player for a lot of money (they are discussing the cut off- line) they will have to pay a fee which will go to smaller clubs

3. there should be a maximum transfer-fee which should not be exceed (like nobody costs more than 50 million)

4. clubs will have to say the exact transfer-fee they payed

5. clubs should have a maximum number of players (probably 25)

6. clubs will have to say who as furhter rights on players (they mean the tevez-like-transfers where there are cooperations that buy like 33% of players)

7. new rules for players on loan (no further information)

8. financial fairplay

so...what do you think about this?

and sorry for the bad english...i had to translate this from a german newspaper and apparently my english isn't that good :D

I agree with 2,3,4,6 and 8.
The 25 players max, depends how that is made up of with regards to youth team players and loan rules depends on what they are. All this club A signed player B for an undisclosed fee is bullshit though.

Arnie

What are you on about? We completely outplayed Reading at home under RDM and beat them 4-2. They were lucky it wasn't more and the performance considering we had just signed a bunch of new young players was great.
Under Benitez we drew 2-2 with them away and lost to QPR at home. Its been a terrible few months considering what Chelsea have come to expect, not only have results been worse but the more direct style of play has been extremely boring to watch and it doesn't suit the players very well.
No you didn't.

Your midfield was woefully overrun and Reading's profligacy cost them, whereas you took the lead with an offside goal. You were hopeless that match. I watched it laughing at how poorly the team was setup.

feel

BEJXC7jCcAAYra3.jpg

c0f66d9e813111e2ac9b22000a1fb864_7.jpg

Gotta love Braga supporters. They love stoning team buses.
Sigh, fucking savages..

No you didn't.

Your midfield was woefully overrun and Reading's profligacy cost them, whereas you took the lead with an offside goal. You were hopeless that match. I watched it laughing at how poorly the team was setup.

You are talking utter nonsense. We had the complete control of the game, kept the most possesion and had something like 25 shots to their 5. They scored a great goal against the run of play and then another through a rare error by Petr Cech but it was always one of those games where you didn't worry because you could see that the team would cruise to victory.
Here is the offside goal http://youtu.be/85WjXBQp5IQ?t=3m38s
It was a tap in due to a great passing move, he was about half an inch offside and it had been coming for a while.

TrueBlue

lol you've been acidic to Rafa ever since he joined.

Can't blame him for thinking Chelsea fans are a load of wank stains.

And I'm not saying Rafa is a brilliant manager or anything, but your "support" is laughable. Enjoy Europa League next season.

I loved you once.

jtb

Banned
You are talking utter nonsense. We had the complete control of the game, kept the most possesion and had something like 25 shots to their 5. They scored a great goal against the run of play and then another through a rare error by Petr Cech but it was always one of those games where you didn't worry because you could see that the team would cruise to victory.
Here is the offside goal http://youtu.be/85WjXBQp5IQ?t=3m38s
It was a tap in due to a great passing move, he was about half an inch offside and it had been coming for a while.

Chelsea finished 6th last season. Benitez could obviously be doing a better job, but for the most part, Chelsea's current form is the definition of regressing to the mean. The spine is one year older, Torres is shit as ever, etc.

Fady K

Reading all the Chelsea hate here makes me sad :( I think Roman deserves all the crap you (and us Chelsea fans) say about him, and Rafa deserves a lot it too. But the fans, I think that is the only area where you guys are harsh.

Rafa had his say, now it's my turn.

Every club has different fans, both good and bad. This club's fans had to go through a rollercoaster in recent years because their owner keeps screwing things up. Blame the damn owner, blame the damn board. A lot of fans treat Rafa with so much disrespect because he himself barely gave them anything good to go with.

Rafa came in to get a job he KNEW would be difficult. They just sacked a guy who won them the champions league and FA cup in a single season for God's sake (worst decision by the club since letting go of mourinho). He came in and he did SHIT. "I will win over the fans by winning games" - guess what genius? You won less than HALF of your games. Surprised by the fans? SHOCK AND AWE :)

He has the worst record of ALL managers under Abramovich - and given that he is possibly the 9th - that is borderline horrible. He said he would tighten defenses - he didn't.

Torres was just as bad under him, if not worse.

He, UNLIKE Di Matteo, can use Ba - yet he mainly uses Torres.

His Chelsea side are by far the most dull. His side lost to QPR at HOME. His side had less than 2-3 shots on target against Man City at HOME (his first game). Hell, forget Man City, let's take a Fulham side AT STAMFORD BRIDGE and his side barely registered a shot on target.

He took over Chelsea when they were FOUR points behind Manchester United, they are now nearly TWENTY points behind. He made Chelsea FAR more dull to watch. Most games I watched, against weak opposition as well, barely had any shots on target.

He did far more wrong than the last trio of Chelsea managers. A lot of the time it is HIS fault - WRONG substitutions at the WRONG time (usually it is too late). NO motivation.

DULL tactics that are far worse than AVB's in his bad days. Hell, even his RANTS come at the wrong time. Next time do it after a loss rather than a win. So much for a boost of morale genius. Right before a knockout game against United - that'll improve the spirit around the club!

Let me give you an example, for those who haven't watched it, of his GENIUS tactics against a must-win game against Manchester City. He rested Lampard and Hazard the match before (only using Hazard as a sub) for the City game. He takes off Lampard after only 60 minutes, and he takes off Hazard - BEST Chelsea player against City - (I thought he was rested for this game!) and KEEPS Ramires who was, by far, the worst CFC player that game. His three subs did not do any damage whatsoever.

Just because Roman and his fools screw things around doesn't mean the club itself is a joke. Sure, the fans can be such assholes but I don't know any English club with goodie-goodie fans all over.

Everyone has a right to his opinion, I just feel it is too harsh when the blame is not solely pointed at Abramovich and his men (and yes, Rafa too).

My bottom line is Rafa deserves the crap that fans have given him IMO, as he made a potentially incredible and attractive team of players criminally boring to watch. He failed big time, and of course, as always Abramovich deserves the consequences more than anyone else.

But the fans have went through a lot of headaches because of Abramovich's decisions - and Rafa's systems. Never have I had a worse time watching football matches than I did Rafa's Chelsea.

Honestly, can you blame the fans?

- Fired Matteo.
- Refuse to renew Lampard's contract.
- Kept Torres despite his bullshit on the pitch.
- Signed Rafa Benitez as interim manager.

I would be livid if something to that effect happened to Manchester United.

I wish more people viewed it this way. The fans had to go through a lot as well.

Bumhead

Banned
The bubble of delusional self entitlement some Chelsea fans are living in is ridiculous. It's also pretty annoying when it clashes with their hard done by victim complex, where they think they're having a hard time of it or are being treated badly by a Club which has won numerous trophies in the last 10 years, including the Champions League last season, and still remains in the Top 4 this season.

I don't have any particular affection for or association with Rafa but I feel for him in this situation. He's absolutely right about almost everything he mentioned in that interview yesterday. It's dissapointing to see sections of the media describe it as a "rant". I wouldn't call publicly saying some home truths as a "rant".

This club's fans had to go through a rollercoaster in recent years because their owner keeps screwing things up.

Haha, WHAT?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger told Arsenal’s official website: “[Sagna] is not ready for Sunday. It is too short for him”

On Diaby, he said: “Abou is an uncertainty. He has a calf problem, a minor one. It is question of days.

“He will have tests and then we will see if we can use him on Sunday or not. It is a 50:50. Actually maybe a bit more for him playing.”

Left-back Kieran Gibbs remains sidelined, meanwhile. Wenger said: “Kieran is not back. That was as we expected.”

Jenkinson, Mertesacker and Ramsey v Bale.

QNO3U.gif

Clegg

I can understand what Fady is saying tbh.

Abramovich should never have sacked Mourinho and Ancelotti. He's also undermining the team by signing players the new manager doesn't need.

Fady K

The bubble of delusional self entitlement some Chelsea fans are living in is ridiculous. It's also pretty annoying when it clashes with their hard done by victim complex, where they think they're having a hard time of it or are being treated badly by a Club which has won numerous trophies in the last 10 years, including the Champions League last season, and still remains in the Top 4 this season.

I don't have any particular affection for or association with Rafa but I feel for him in this situation. He's absolutely right about almost everything he mentioned in that interview yesterday. It's dissapointing to see sections of the media describe it as a "rant". I wouldn't call publicly saying some home truths as a "rant".

Haha, WHAT?

What self entitlement? Spell it out to me.

Supporting Abramovich's club has its up and downs, and without him us Chelsea fans would never have seen such amazing players or such wonderful trophies added to the cabinet. I am *thankful* for Abramovich. But he is also the curse of the club. He screws so many good things for the club up.

And what is Rafa right about? Name them for me please. If anything, his rant (just because it was calm and composed doesn't mean it is anything but a rant). proved how dumb he can be.

Rollercoaster.

As a side note, googling that many Chelsea celebration pictures has made me feel a bit sick.

Their highs are constantly followed by horrible lows. Hence the word, rollercoaster.

Wilbur

Banned
And what is Rafa right about? Name them for me please.

Fans being pricks and not getting behind the manager.

Being given the title interim manager and not just manager.

That the home atmosphere is poisonous and might contribute to lack of CL qualification.

Benitez for the most part is bang on. Only his constant masturbation over his own record was a bit dumb because his recent record doesn't really speak for him.

More ass creed games? Fucking Ubi... Make a new IP and then rape any creativity and freshness out of it.

Abramovich should never have sacked Mourinho and Ancelotti. He's also undermining the team by signing players the new manager doesn't need.

Having a very incompetent board do the transfers, who mostly consists of a bunch of Roman yes men, is certainly bad. But overall : Meh, it's uncommon in England but in many other leagues it's common to have a director of sports that takes cares of all transfers, they obviously work together with the managers but they have a direction they can follow manager for manager and in the end has the last say. The problem is when the sport director is someone clearly not competent for it, having a manager who just focuses on the coaching part isn't necessarily undermining him.

Wilbur

Banned
Having a very incompetent board do the transfers, who mostly consists of a bunch of Roman yes men, is certainly bad. But overall : Meh, it's uncommon in England but in many other leagues it's common to have a director of sports that takes cares of all transfers, they obviously work together with the managers but they have a direction they can follow manager for manager and in the end has the last say. The problem is when the sport director is someone clearly not competent for it, having a manager who just focuses on the coaching part isn't necessarily undermining him.

Yeah I agree with this to be honest. It's quite rare that someone will get the level of control Fergie/Wenger gets. Seems to be far more of a collaborative effort across Europe. Just shouldn't be someone like Emeleno who doesn't really have any credentials.

My bottom line is Rafa deserves the crap that fans have given him IMO, as he made a potentially incredible and attractive team of players criminally boring to watch. He failed big time, and of course, as always Abramovich deserves the consequences more than anyone else.

I agree with that totally.

I don't really agree the fans have had to go through a lot, if we end up with Europa League for a season its not that bad at the end of the day, the positives far outweigh the negatives and Roman will sort us out with someone the fans like soon enough.

The thing that annoys me most is people believing what Rafa is saying about the bad results being down to the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, its really not that bad at all. I thought it would be far worse when he was appointed and have been very surprised at how little abuse he actually gets. I was at the Etihad on Sunday, when he made those dreadful substitutions the reaction in the crowd was really not as bad as it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom