• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

I can understand what Fady is saying tbh.

Abramovich should never have sacked Mourinho and Ancelotti. He's also undermining the team by signing players the new manager doesn't need.

Glad to hear you see what I'm saying Clegg...

So the new pirate Ass Creed has officially been announced.

Day 1.

:D! I was sooooo hoping the rumor would be true! Pirate theme FTW!

kharma45

Uh oh. Plastic flags at Old Trafford for the game against Real.

MASSIVE :(

vader.jpg

When Rafa came in I was more than happy to give him a chance (not that I had a choice). I would like to say I couldn't understand the fans who whined about what he may or may not have said when he was at Liverpool. But I understand just fine, they're ball bags. What was he expected to say? So the people who have bashed him since day one don't get my attention.

In a sense Rafa is right to complain though. He was heckled since the day he took over and had to listen to Di Matteo chants as if the previous managers sacking had anything to do with him. That said, even the people who were happy to give him a shot, like myself, are now fed up with him. His team selections are shocking (Benayoun). His substitutions are worse (Benayoun). And, he has no tactics. Everybody hates him because he's been shite. End of story. So he can moan all he wants about the fans. But even the most fickle would be behind him right now if he'd actually, you know, done a good job.

Can't wait until he fucks off to be honest.

For what it's worth. I don't think we would of been much better off if RDM had of stayed.

Anyway, we're gonna get knocked out by United now. So yeah, another trophy we won't win.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Two big blows for United.

Marchisio: “I wouldn’t mind an experience abroad even if my priority will always be Juventus, Where would I go if that was the case? More Bundesliga than the Premier League. I love German football, their modern stadiums are always full.

“I admire the mentality of their fans who don’t leave the stadium early, not even when their side is four goals down.”

-

Vucinic: “My future? I don’t look at it. I live one day at a time, but I’m happy in Turin. England? I’m not interested

KuGsj.gif
To be fair, it's not like he's interested in anything anyway

On Jojo:
“We play close together in the national side and we often switch positions with each other. I’d like to do that at Juve as he is a fellow countryman and is a really strong player.
#JoVucinicFuture

Bumhead

Banned
What self entitlement? Spell it out to me.

Supporting Abramovich's club has its up and downs, and without him us Chelsea fans would never have seen such amazing players or such wonderful trophies added to the cabinet. I am *thankful* for Abramovich. But he is also the curse of the club. He screws so many good things for the club up.

And what is Rafa right about? Name them for me please. If anything, his rant (just because it was calm and composed doesn't mean it is anything but a rant). proved how dumb he can be.

Their highs are constantly followed by horrible lows. Hence the word, rollercoaster.

Your use of the term "horrible lows" tells me everything I need to know about your use of the word "rollercoaster".

Chelsea fans have experienced a decade of untold success. Your supporters have been dining on it for 10 years. The sort of success Chelsea has never experienced before. 10 years of winning trophies, competing at the highest level, culminating in winning the most pristigous trophy available in club football last season. Where's the rollercoaster there? What's the "horrible lows"? The sacking of the odd manager or two? Failing to give contracts to players you want to give contracts to? "Horrible lows"?

It lacks any sort of perspective with the real world or the real game. Most football supporters will never enjoy the success Chelsea have in the last 10 years. Most of them support clubs who experience real rollercoasters, and real "horrible lows". Some more than others. You describe Roman Abramovich as a "curse" on Chelsea? You were on your way to where Portsmouth are now without him. You were rotting under Bates. God forbid anything genuinely bad happen to Chelsea. God forbid he pulls the plug and no longer bank rolls your trophies, your global talent and your success. Give the fans something to really moan about.

Just a complete lack of reality or perspective, for me. It's ridiculous. Roman a "curse" on the club? Chelsea have "horrible lows"? And you say I'm overreacting?

As for Rafa being right? I think he's right that the "Interim Manager" situation is wrong. I think he's right that sections of the Chelsea support have an agenda. I think he's right that those same sections of fans are damaging the club. In the short term, I think your patchy home form is testament to that. Who knows what long term affects it will have, in terms of attracting the worlds best managers.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yes. I'm at Uni right now but I will try and look at it when the people around me are looking away. It's girls anyway so they might be impressed, one Russian so you can pretend it's Svia.

Svia and I hate each other. Are there any mexican girls there? Preferably with enchiladas

Your use of the term "horrible lows" tells me everything I need to know about your use of the word "rollercoaster".

Chelsea fans have experienced a decade of untold success. Your supporters have been dining on it for 10 years. The sort of success Chelsea has never experienced before. 10 years of winning trophies, competing at the highest level, culminating in winning the most pristigous trophy available in club football last season. Where's the rollercoaster there? What's the "horrible lows"? The sacking of the odd manager or two? Failing to give contracts to players you want to give contracts to? "Horrible lows"?

It lacks any sort of perspective with the real world or the real game. Most football supporters will never enjoy the success Chelsea have in the last 10 years. Most of them support clubs who experience real rollercoasters, and real "horrible lows". Some more than others. You describe Roman Abramovich as a "curse" on Chelsea? You were on your way to where Portsmouth are now without him. You were rotting under Bates. God forbid anything genuinely bad happen to Chelsea. God forbid he pulls the plug and no longer bank rolls your trophies, your global talent and your success. Give the fans something to really moan about.

Just a complete lack of reality or perspective, for me. It's ridiculous. Roman a "curse" on the club? Chelsea have "horrible lows"? And you say I'm overreacting?

As for Rafa being right? I think he's right that the "Interim Manager" situation is wrong. I think he's right that sections of the Chelsea support have an agenda. I think he's right that those same sections of fans are damaging the club. In the short term, I think your patchy home form is testament to that. Who knows what long term affects it will have, in terms of attracting the worlds best managers.
Whilst I agree with the Roman stuff, because we'd be nowhere without him and frankly, he may be unorthodox but under him we've been winning. Everything is relative.

bud

Ugh I have to go to the doctor to get my privates checked out... wish me luck :(

i once had that one. i was laughing throughout.

there's nothing like having a great, middle-aged, bald indian doctor play around with your penis and testicles.

Hahaha Copenhagens director today when asked about some average Norwegian team that constantly compares themselves to us :

"That Rosenborg choose to sign contracts with three mediocre Danish players, doesn't make me see them as a bigger competitor today than a year ago. We are Scandinavia's biggest club, and I doubt that is going to change. "

Suck on that you inbred cunts.

Zabojnik

Late this evening, Simone Pepe underwent a surgical operation for the removal of the muscular calcifications in the semimembranosus muscle in his left thigh.

The surgery was carried out by Professor Franco Benazzo at Pavia’s San Matteo general hospital.

Good luck, SP7. See you next season. :/

Fady K

United deserve more than one trophy this season. They are simply excellent. Only Bayern is better this season, and possibly Juve is on the same level.

He barely comes around to post and when he does you try to scare him off with 2010 meme trolling? For shame, sir!

I would love to come in here more often, thread moves incredibly fast though :0

Woah Fady, you may disagree with them, but that's no reason to call them "Bumheads"

His username is BumHead btw :p

Fans being pricks and not getting behind the manager.

Being given the title interim manager and not just manager.

That the home atmosphere is poisonous and might contribute to lack of CL qualification.

Benitez for the most part is bang on. Only his constant masturbation over his own record was a bit dumb because his recent record doesn't really speak for him.

A lot of fans were pricks by the way. Very inpatient. I don't disagree with this. I know a lot of fans who were very patient with him. I understand the irony when I say we are being patient and yet in a short period we are ranting but the reaction from my end is due to his poorly timed rant IMO.

Also, interim manager was the job offer from the start. He wasn't forced to take it. He chose to take it. And he specifically said he knew of the challenges at such a club. He knows he was replacing RDM anyway. And he mentioned time and time again that he is here because he wants to win trophies and games. Forget the trophies, at least win us a decent amount of games. At least give us a bit of fight like many Chelsea managers did before you. Etc. Surely he knew that if he kicked a lot of ass as a manager they would have decided to keep him. He rightfully earns the title interim manager, and after the past few months I think he proved to be a great fit for nothing but an interim manager. Know that I was actually looking forward to him as a manager after feeling horrible about RDM's sacking.

As for the home atmosphere being poisonous - I don't know if poisonous is the word anymore. The fans are reacting to dreadful results and dreadful performances and dreadful tactics. They pay a lot of money to go watch these games live and they have every right to voice their frustration. This goes for every single football club in my opinion.

He took the job and he knew it would be difficult. He barely did anything right for the club IMO. In fact, he took it backwards in many ways. He should expect nothing less. In fact, for doing so much damage in such a short period, he should have expected worse working for a guy like Abramovich who, dare I say it, would easily fire an interim manager too.

Just my thoughts really.

I agree with that totally.

I don't really agree the fans have had to go through a lot, if we end up with Europa League for a season its not that bad at the end of the day, the positives far outweigh the negatives and Roman will sort us out with someone the fans like soon enough.

The thing that annoys me most is people believing what Rafa is saying about the bad results being down to the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, its really not that bad at all. I thought it would be far worse when he was appointed and have been very surprised at how little abuse he actually gets. I was at the Etihad on Sunday, when he made those dreadful substitutions the reaction in the crowd was really not as bad as it should have been.

I agree with you Billy, I'm ok with another season at the Europa (thankful even, as a lot of clubs don't get the chance to play at a cup competition outside the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup). I just wish we can see some consistency, some decent tactics, some more victories, etc. I hope you are right about Roman bringing in someone we can all like, it is just that he was too harsh with RDM - it was such a bad decision. He was losing Champions League qualification to the next round this season anyway, so why not keep him till the end of the season? They were four points behind the top -_-

And yes - I highly agree with you. "I thought it would be far worse when he was appointed and have been very surprised at how little abuse he actually gets" SO TRUE. He is exaggerating so much. I guess when he is doing this badly at a club he'll want to point fingers elsewhere.

Kyoufu

Alan Pardew has been shortlisted for the Barclays Manager of the Month award while Moussa Sissoko is up for Player of the Month.

February was the only good month we've had this season tbh lol

Okay now I'm off.

dc89

Made another cool £45ish last night bringing our total to £150 in 48 hours. This gambling lark is easy.

Fuck :( well I got £25 from £10. :(

In other news. Shopto have WiiU on eBay for £189. So I've got a little less to save up

AndresON777

shooting blanks
i once had that one. i was laughing throughout.

there's nothing like having a great, middle-aged, bald indian doctor play around with your penis and testicles.

I just hate having a doctor grab my dick. I can't help but think, is he going to suck it?

Fry

Fry, what settings do you use to record things with Fraps? My videos look very laggy. I'm trying to record a video I'm watching on a website.

I can't see it since I'm at work, but I know why it's laggy. Mine gets laggy also, because my computer isn't veeeery fast. It depends on the size of the video. The bigger the resolution, the laggier my recording gets.

If your video is on the web, you can try resizing the page itself.

faridmon

Hahaha Copenhagens director today when asked about some average Norwegian team that constantly compares themselves to us :

"That Rosenborg choose to sign contracts with three mediocre Danish players, doesn't make me see them as a bigger competitor today than a year ago. We are Scandinavia's biggest club, and I doubt that is going to change. "

Suck on that you inbred cunts.

Comparing himself with Rosenborg just shows how low this club have fallen. Rosenborg haven't been important for almost a decade.
But again, that is the club he should compare to because how shit both of them are.

Molde > Copenhagen you pricks!

Linius

I can't see it since I'm at work, but I know why it's laggy. Mine gets laggy also, because my computer isn't veeeery fast. It depends on the size of the video. The bigger the resolution, the laggier my recording gets.

If your video is on the web, you can try resizing the page itself.

Aha. But most of your gifs look very sharp, so I guess most gifs aren't from Fraps recordings? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom