• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Nope, I barely use Fraps. Only when I want to make a gif and I can't find the video anywhere available to download (which is rare).

I can't seem to get the download helper working well for me. It's giving me all sorts files that aren't the actual video I want to download :S

That's why I tried Fraps to get videos for gifs.

Comparing himself with Rosenborg just shows how low this club have fallen. Rosenborg haven't been important for almost a decade.
But again, that is the club he should compare to because how shit both of them are.

He was asked directly about Rosenborg because they have been out saying they were the biggest club in Scandinavia.

and lol Molde, the only team shit enough that we could beat in Europe league, both home and away.

bud

fry, what is your job? i'm doing an internship in the summer at some law firm, but i'd like to get a super cool office job that allows me to be on the internet all day in the meantime.

I can't seem to get the download helper working well for me. It's giving me all sorts files that aren't the actual video I want to download :S

Fraps never lags for me. Think I just put it for 25fps and full video size. You can try potplayer though, that's a real great one where you can record anything on the screen (and it's free!)

Linius

Fraps never lags for me. Think I just put it for 25fps and full video size. You can try potplayer though, that's a real great one where you can record anything on the screen (and it's free!)

Well at half screen I finally got a video that didn't lag. Now I only need something to cut the part that is the actual video. Now it's my complete desktop with the video in it :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No problemo <3
i0rHtKpP6QuoW.gif

Don't say that. :( I'm fucking gutted as it is. Best player of last season. It's like if Real were to lose CR7 for an entire year. Why us, fady, WHYYYYYYYYYY.

ibw4OAXgs7FgZ3.gif

SP7 > CR7

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

That better not be alcohol or I'm calling his mom!

-

And this is why we're keeping Matri and not Quag next season
&#8220;I feel that I am an important player and want to play my cards. It&#8217;s better to be one of five forwards at Juventus than a first choice elsewhere.

&#8220;You cannot understand what it means until you pull on the Juventus jersey. I was at Cagliari before, but that was different.&#8221;

Kenka

Hahaha Copenhagens director today when asked about some average Norwegian team that constantly compares themselves to us :

"That Rosenborg choose to sign contracts with three mediocre Danish players, doesn't make me see them as a bigger competitor today than a year ago. We are Scandinavia's biggest club, and I doubt that is going to change. "

Suck on that you inbred cunts.
Lol at the interwars up there in Scamdinavia.

Fady K

When Rafa came in I was more than happy to give him a chance (not that I had a choice). I would like to say I couldn't understand the fans who whined about what he may or may not have said when he was at Liverpool. But I understand just fine, they're ball bags. What was he expected to say? So the people who have bashed him since day one don't get my attention.

In a sense Rafa is right to complain though. He was heckled since the day he took over and had to listen to Di Matteo chants as if the previous managers sacking had anything to do with him. That said, even the people who were happy to give him a shot, like myself, are now fed up with him. His team selections are shocking (Benayoun). His substitutions are worse (Benayoun). And, he has no tactics. Everybody hates him because he's been shite. End of story. So he can moan all he wants about the fans. But even the most fickle would be behind him right now if he'd actually, you know, done a good job.

Can't wait until he fucks off to be honest.

Anyway, we're gonna get knocked out by United now. So yeah, another trophy we won't win.

YES. This is exactly how I feel. Can't be stated enough!!!!

I still think we would have not been this bad under RDM though.

Ugh I have to go to the doctor to get my privates checked out... wish me luck :(

Good luck bro, God willing you'll be fine :)

I don't get happy by Fady posting anymore because I know it won't last long.

:(

I love you Fry. GO BAYERN. I hope you'll feel a lot happier when they win the league soon and may they also earn the German cup as they deserve it.

It would be funny if Chelsea win something cos then when Rafa hoists the trophy up all the Chelsea fans will Boooooo and it'll be lol

I doubt they'll boo him if he wins a big cup like the FA Cup. (I'd love to see how he will do against United. He can barely do well against the bottom five. Let's see how he does with the top team).

Gotta stay true to Gullit's legacy: Win something and get sacked. The Chelsea way.

The Abramovich way more like ;)

Your use of the term "horrible lows" tells me everything I need to know about your use of the word "rollercoaster".

Chelsea fans have experienced a decade of untold success. Your supporters have been dining on it for 10 years. The sort of success Chelsea has never experienced before. 10 years of winning trophies, competing at the highest level, culminating in winning the most pristigous trophy available in club football last season. Where's the rollercoaster there? What's the "horrible lows"? The sacking of the odd manager or two? Failing to give contracts to players you want to give contracts to? "Horrible lows"?

It lacks any sort of perspective with the real world or the real game. Most football supporters will never enjoy the success Chelsea have in the last 10 years. Most of them support clubs who experience real rollercoasters, and real "horrible lows". Some more than others. You describe Roman Abramovich as a "curse" on Chelsea? You were on your way to where Portsmouth are now without him. You were rotting under Bates. God forbid anything genuinely bad happen to Chelsea. God forbid he pulls the plug and no longer bank rolls your trophies, your global talent and your success. Give the fans something to really moan about.

Just a complete lack of reality or perspective, for me. It's ridiculous. Roman a "curse" on the club? Chelsea have "horrible lows"? And you say I'm overreacting?

As for Rafa being right? I think he's right that the "Interim Manager" situation is wrong. I think he's right that sections of the Chelsea support have an agenda. I think he's right that those same sections of fans are damaging the club. In the short term, I think your patchy home form is testament to that. Who knows what long term affects it will have, in terms of attracting the worlds best managers.

Well, it is relative. When your team wins the biggest European cup in the craziest circumstances as well as the FA Cup, and adds a lot of exciting players to the side in the summer, and plays some of the best football in the Premier League for a few months against all sorts of teams, and has a manager which the players - and almost all the fans - love - and then he gets sacked after a bad month to get someone who performed far worse, and has WORSE tactics, and plays FAR more dull, and loses FAR more games, in the funniest ways? Yes, my friend, I consider that a low. If your club goes through such a phase and you don't consider the nosedive in quality being a low, then you know what buddy? Good for you :)

I am VERY thankful that my club has witnessed so much amazing success in less than 10 years. Very thankful. You must know that when I mentioned rollercoaster - I specifically was referring to the constant change of managers. From the amazing times with Mou - sacked - to a horrible time with Scolari - to the amazing time with Ancelotti - to the testy times with AVB - to the amazing times with RDM - to the *worst* time with Rafa. Overall a lot of us are insanely grateful to Roman, but his dealings with managers is the very definition of a footballing rollercoaster. That is what I meant. If you are referring to trophies overall, please don't get me wrong - the supporters should be EXTREMELY THANKFUL for what the team brought them. No rollercoaster there whatsoever.

And the sacking of the odd manager or two?? He let go of one of the most successful and sought-out managers in recent memory - Mourinho. He let go of one of the most respected and likeable and successful managers in the last decade as well - Ancelotti. He let go of the manager who brought the first champions league in Chelsea's history and dare I say it, gave us the best looking Chelsea side in many years. And he let go of them in very disgraceful ways, especially the latter two. He is destroying any chances of stability thus far.

And it's not just any player who we want the contract given to - it is the player who is not only considered a LEGEND at the club, but one of the only players who has a GOOD eye for goal and has excellent passing skills unlike many of the players around him. Not extending Lampard's contract when he is actually HELPING the club win is flat-out dumb. Ask ANY football fan who knows of Lampard well and see what they think.

And yes, most football clubs have never enjoyed the level of success Chelsea has and again to that I am humbled as a fan and very thankful. A lot of clubs have also experienced far worse situations than Chelsea, don't get me wrong. For instance Portsmouth and Rangers. Or even Leeds after how good they used to be. Even Liverpool are having far bigger headaches than us. I meant horrible low in comparison to the potentially amazing highs the team could have had. I didn't mean a horrible low overall in the world of football, so I hope I am being clearer now.

Abramovich is both a curse and a gift to the club. He did SO much for the club, but he sometimes makes it worse for them as well. Many football fans here know this. I would hope he sticks with the club and never leaves, but I just wish he would make some better serious decisions, that's all. So in regards to Abramovich, I am very thankful he decided to buy the club. Without him, we would barely have won a trophy in the last decade. The fans would just love Abramovich to be a bit more patient and help the team build a little bit, that is all.

Maybe once you read all of this you'll see what I mean. Tell me, honestly, if anything I am saying in this post is ridiculous or an overreaction; I'd love to hear it for the purpose of correcting any overblown thoughts in my mind in regards to the club.

As for the whole "interim manager" situation - he knew what he was getting into in the first place. He knew it was a short-term appointment (and I am sure it would have been extended had he actually done a good job). He just is not doing very well at all. Again, when he is doing worse than the previous 8 managers even though he has an excellent amount of players at his disposal, is telling. Yes, some of the Chelsea support do have an agenda and he himself said he hopes to change their minds by winning games. But that is the thing bro - he has won less than half of his games and most of the time when he did even win he would do it in such a poor manner. Never too convincing outside of maybe 3-4 games since he joined. Those fans are just voicing their opinions. They pay to go see the team play - at least DECENTLY. When they go watch a game at home against the bottom team that never won away ONCE this season (QPR) - then they have every right to bitch and moan in my opinion. To be fair, they were not as bad as he says at ALL. Believe me bro, it is not just at home where we play so poorly. We sometimes play just as bad, if not worse, away.

Sorry if this was too long, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Zabojnik

And this is why we're keeping Matri and not Quag next season

I've always appreciated this when it came to Matri. Hope he starts tomorrow over Giovinco, he's been working hard to improve his game the way Conte wants it and it's starting to show. Sell Quags, keep Matri. A no-brainer.

Also, if you want to make money, put some on Napoli getting the usual bullshit pen tomorrow. They've been crying for a month, I'm sure FIGC will be happy to oblige.

Fry

Downloadhelper won't work with a few websites, that's right. I get that same problem in some websites. That's when I use fraps. =P

fry, what is your job? i'm doing an internship in the summer at some law firm, but i'd like to get a super cool office job that allows me to be on the internet all day in the meantime.

Haha, I sit in front of the computer, but lately it has been really crazy and I can't seem to browse through GAF. Today is ok though.

Let me see if I can put this right: I work at a company that is specialized in training. They have instructors all over the country (they work for Samsung). They go into shoppings, stores and they train their employees.
I work at the office along with other 5 people in the same room. We keep control of things like their destinations, what time they'll go there, the money they spend, etc etc.

It's pretty cool. I've seen so many awesome Samsung phones. We even get confidential information about their products before everyone else.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've always appreciated this when it came to Matri. Hope he starts tomorrow over Giovinco, he's been working hard to improve his game the way Conte wants it and it's starting to show. Sell Quags, keep Matri. A no-brainer.

Also, if you want to make money, put some on Napoli getting the usual bullshit pen tomorrow. They've been crying for a month, I'm sure FIGC will be happy to oblige.

Pretty much. And this is the second (or third) cover story slamming the ref.

feb28cor.jpeg

You just know something horrible is going to happen.

Linius

damn you took me forever to make this!

http://www.abload.de/img/klpp4vaqtf.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Also made a second one slightly bigger :P

[img]http://i.picpar.com/Sbm.gif

Working on the new Atoms for Peace clip now. Thom Yorke is the best person to gif :lol

fuenf

Also made a second one slightly bigger :p

Sbm.gif

Working on the new Atoms for Peace clip now. Thom Yorke is the best person to gif :lol

they guy walking through the picture bothered the hell out of me, that's why I cut out the part before the guy walks in, duplicated & reversed it, before meshing it all together. It was a pain in the ass to get it to loop proberly that way, and now that I'm seeing your gif I'm realizing that the guy who walks in is integral to the experience.

Linius

they guy walking through the picture bothered the hell out of me, that's why I cut out the part before the guy walks in, duplicated & reversed it, before meshing it all together. It was a pain in the ass to get it to loop proberly that way, and now that I'm seeing your gif I'm realizing that the guy who walks in is integral to the experience.

You can also delete the frames with the guy walking by if it bothers you. That won't effect the rest of the gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom