• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Also made a second one slightly bigger :p

Sbm.gif

Working on the new Atoms for Peace clip now. Thom Yorke is the best person to gif :lol

Can you post the gif of jlaw bouncing in the yoga pants

xintin

had to see a doctor last night about nerve compression, its making my left arm go numb. the only positives so far are valium and having the option of using the stranger on myself :p

Yen

had to see a doctor last night about nerve compression, its making my left arm go numb. the only positives so far are valium and having the option of using the stranger on myself :p
That stuff allowed me to ignore the fact I had a broken back. I would take it recreationally, but I'm not Andres.

Either/Or is just about the best album to revise to.

Bumhead

Banned
If your club goes through such a phase and you don't consider the nosedive in quality being a low, then you know what buddy? Good for you :)

Well my club are Sheffield Wednesday. The lows I would consider are pretty much the entire decade between 2000 and 2010. Relegation from the Premier League. The systematic destruction of the team and club, inside out. A board intent on tearing the club apart from within. Fractures between the fans. Board members taking legal action against supporters. Relegation to League One. Finishing 3 points off relegation to League Two. A debt of £28m that strangled the club for 10 years. Battles with the HMRC. Being embarassed week in, week out. A string of dire managers and worse players. Ending up in high court with one hour left to rescue the club from extinction.

You're right, these things are relative, but I'd argue only to an extent. I'd say that's a rollercoaster. Especially coming from the early 90's when we were one of the top clubs in the country. A much bigger club than Chelsea, back then. Other clubs fans have experienced similar.

Relative or not, in my eyes it's a totally different situation to that at Chelsea. Where dropping a place or two in the Premier League, or not winning this trophy or that trophy, is warranting those sort of reactions. It's not even compareable to me.

You seem like a really nice guy, so I have no intention of dragging this discussion to any slanging match or anything like that, and I understand your core point. It's just another one of these situations where I realise the expectations and experiences of the modern football fan, the fan of an oil rich and grossly successful football club like Chelsea, is entirely removed from my own. We might as well be talking about different sports.

Randdalf

Confirmed in doing Swansea away.

Possible Sunderland too as flights are cheap.

I had to catch a train full to the brim with Swansea fans the day they played you. It's a rough experience taking public transport with football fans when you're not one of them. Empty beer cans rolling around on the floor; kids constantly running up and down the aisle bumping into you with no disregard as you attempt to cram yourself into the tiny amount of leg room available; ancient rolling stock with five seats per row; drunken Welsh people who all seem to know each other and spend inordinate amounts of time loudly exchanging greetings; kids fighting in front of the doors; a can of cider underneath the seat in front of you that is threatening to spill onto your bag... Glad that fixture only happens once a year.

Meier

That was more uncomfortable than the butt check but I'm fine apparently.

I had to have an ultrasound on my balls once. They thought I might have torsion. Weirdest experience ever.. fortunately it was a dude so I didn't get aroused when they were applying the gel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm expecting the usual first-class thuggery from the Monezzari, SuperCup style. We have to keep our cool whatever happens. I'm looking at you, Licht. STAY CALM.
No no no no

Absolutely not.

Cunt mode must be enabled at all times.

Meier

The Man City youth player, Courtney Meppen-Walter, who was racing and caused an accident and two people to die was sentenced to 16 months in prison today. Dumbass. Ruined his own life and the lives of many others.

rvy

Banned
Benfica TV acquires Premier League rights in Portugal

The Premier League is pleased to announce that Benfica TV has been awarded exclusive audio visual broadcast rights for all 380 Barclays Premier League matches per season for seasons 2013/14 – 2015/16 in Portugal.
Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said:
“We are extremely pleased Benfica TV has chosen to invest in our broadcast rights.
“We look forward to working with them and are confident they will broadcast the Barclays Premier League in a comprehensive and innovative manner to our fans in Portugal.”

Luís Filipe Vieira, President of Sport Lisboa e Benfica:
"Innovation is a permanent value of Benfica and the fact that we can offer, during the next three years, the Barclays Premier League matches to all Portuguese, and not only to Benfica fans, is something that fills me with pride and points the way we want for Benfica TV".
Ends
About the Barclays Premier League
The Barclays Premier League is the biggest continuous annual global sporting event in the world. Last season more than 13m fans attended matches with average stadium occupancy in excess of 92% for the fourth season in a row. Across nine months of the year 380 matches are viewed in 212 territories worldwide. Coverage of the matches is available in approximately 720m households with an estimated cumulative global audience of 4.7bn

For more information please contact the Premier League Press Office on +44 20 7864 9190 or press@premierleague.com

Holy fuck.

BOOM SHAKALAKA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom