• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Valencia players are just in the wrong places..

They try and pressure so hard but don't know what they are doing or where to stand. A lot like Milner.

Exactly, use him on he pitch and cash in as much as possible from all that attention given to him.

And risk his shiteness getting you eliminated? He's on the bench and has a camera trained on him, that's publicity enough

Valencia's crossing is a disgrace to the sport

Suen

PSG would stand no chance against Madrid, Bayern, ManU, Barca, Celtic etc.
fixed.

Congrats PSG, congrats Timu, match was boring but you deserved the victory. Valencia has no one but themselves to blame for their shitty play. Feel sorry for Soldado.

It seems that Powell is a bit too good for the under 21s. I'd like to see him get a few more matches next season. Or at least a decent loan spell somewhere.

Did Fergie say something new about Januzaj?
Froggie said he can't pronounce his surname but he's up there with the best talents the clubs seen :D

Timurid

phew That was a close.

I wished that Ancelotti instructed the team to attack instead of play for a draw.

Now when is the draw?

My MOTM is Matuidi

Eliminated by whom? Current Valencia? :lol

Well they scraped past a shite team, it was hardly the time to bring on a 35 year old celebrity to huff and puff around the pitch with the turning circle of an oil-tanker, on the off-chance that he gets the chance to send a long cross into the box at some point.

Beckham should be playing in the Soccer Aid charity matches at this point, not in Champions League knockout ties which are in the balance

Well they scraped past a shite team, it was hardly the time to bring on a 35 year old celebrity to huff and puff around the pitch with the turning circle of an oil-tanker, on the off-chance that he gets the chance to send a long cross into the box at some point.

Beckham should be playing in the Soccer Aid charity matches at this point, not in Champions League knockout ties which are in the balance
When's the last time you watched him play 90 minutes?

FWIW I think PSG only signed him for publicity but tbf to him, nobody has seen him at this level for a long time, you have to at least give him a chance. Last time he played in Europe for Milan he was decent enough.

Suen

Worst last minute corner of all time. Floated past the back post, would have gone straight out of play even without the clearing header
Yeah it was a pretty shitty corner, also what ElTopo. Wtf was the rest of the team doing in that final corner? They accepted defeat before it was already taken. What the hell as happened with this team and wtf is Jonas and Soldado still doing there?

Meier

Felt a bit bad for the MLS folks (or for the posters in this thread). Their "wall of shame" top poster had about 300 in the entire 2012 season thread. That's good for the relegation zone in this one.

Felt a bit bad for the MLS folks (or for the posters in this thread). Their "wall of shame" top poster had about 300 in the entire 2012 season thread. That's good for the relegation zone in this one.
It's crazy. I feel like I've been posting loads and I'm not even in the current top 10 in this thread.

Thread moves soooo fast.

Do they have a sperate thread because they think we'd get annoyed if they talked about it here, or are they simply not interested in discussing it themselves?

The posts in there are more like match reports than actual discussions

Do they have a sperate thread because they think we'd get annoyed if they talked about it here, or are they simply not interested in discussing it themselves?

They didn't feel welcome/comfortable here and people would always make fun with "LOL MLS WHO CARES" type posts.

Meier

I think mostly just because there is a much smaller group of folks who are heavily interested and they feel like it might get lost in the shuffle. There might be a few posts a day in it.

The whole soccer/football divide doesn't help I imagine?

FootballFan

Yesterday a guy called football "soccer" and Sviatoslav told him to fuck off with that talk.

They didn't feel welcome/comfortable here and people would always make fun with "LOL MLS WHO CARES" type posts.

Well deserved :p

Seriously though, I can see why

As native English speakers, there'd be far more of them than our resident Bundesliga, Eredivisie, La Liga, Mexican and Portuguese supporters

Naturally, English and inter-country European football are the main talking points here, so I can see ho it would upset the balance if the MLS guys waded in :D

arkon

It's crazy. I feel like I've been posting loads and I'm not even in the current top 10 in this thread.

Thread moves soooo fast.

It's why i don't always read through the thread whenever I come back in from work. Especially on matchdays. There's sometimes an extra 30-40 pages. lol

WJD

Really don't have a problem with people calling football soccer. American Football being called Football has always seemed silly to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom