• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Koko

Banned
will elsk and pulga be here tomorrow for the game?

ZTwQPjSl.gif

Arnie

I'm no doubt DC69'ing so hard, but I don't even care

"I am very happy at Liverpool but you never know in football," said Suárez, speaking in his homeland before Uruguay's World Cup qualifier with Paraguay on Friday, in comments reported by the Liverpool Echo.

"A player's ambition is always there, the ambition of wanting to play in elite teams is always there. I'm in a world-class team, an elite team like Liverpool. We have to realise we have a new manager who is imposing a philosophy and a way of playing that the players are adapting to as best we can. We hope it will bear fruit next year.

"If another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have me, they are welcome. We would talk to the club. We would see if I want to go, if I don't want to go."

ibzB0GHhcD3vlE.gif

The best thing about this specific DC is you're so late to the party that it's already been followed up on. The Times have got quotes from Suarez today saying he's saddened to see his words twisted.

ibzB0GHhcD3vlE.gif

I would post the one me and my Friends got which plays everything fine but I will be shouted at for paying a premium for something shit. The only game I can't run well is ARMA 3 but that might be cause it is in Alpha.

I'd love to try and get into Arma, but I feel like it'd be a lot more fun with people I know in reallife than people I know online. Unfortunately I've missed out on all the online community stuff, and was a lone ranger on the only 2 games I've really gotten into (MW2&BF3.) I played BF3 a lot with a friend, but he was far, far better than me and I always felt like he'd rather play it on his own without me tagging along :p

FootballFan

Man that challenge on Smeltz was idiotic earlier. His whole face was bleeding and got kicked right in the head studs up.. ref doesn't even give a yellow let alone a penalty.

The return of CreepyGAF?

The best thing about this specific DC is you're so late to the party that it's already been followed up on. The Times have got quotes from Suarez today saying he's saddened to see his words twisted.

[IMG']http://i.minus.com/ibzB0GHhcD3vlE.gif[/IMG]

Dat backpedalling.

I'd love to try and get into Arma, but I feel like it'd be a lot more fun with people I know in reallife than people I know online. Unfortunately I've missed out on all the online community stuff, and was a lone ranger on the only 2 games I've really gotten into (MW2&BF3.) I played BF3 a lot with a friend, but he was far, far better than me and I always felt like he'd rather play it on his own without me tagging along :p

How much you looking to spend?

Speaking of gamings PCs. Is anybody using surround sound? If so, how do you have it set up? I've been reading on it and frankly it seems a bit of a nightmare.

Mine came with a driver CD and it just worked. It doesn't work anymore for some reason though :lol I am just using a 7.1 headset now. It is easier :lol

Speaking of gamings PCs. Is anybody using surround sound for gaming? If so, how do you have it set up? I've been reading on it and frankly it seems a bit of a nightmare.

I got it set up and it's no nightmare at all. :/

Well the wires are but you could always get wireless, I just didn't have the money for that. Just plugged it into the different ports (with fitting colors and everything to guide you!), installed driver and that's it.

Salazar

lol

As if the follow-up "jeepers, they read my overseas interviews in England too" walkback wasn't inevitable.

We play these games all the time.

How much you looking to spend?

Dunno enough about the difference between ultra-high end and high-end. If ultra-high end would have me future-proofed for a good few years (with warranties,) then whatever it costs up to £1,500 or so. I'd use my TV as a monitor I think, or the spare 22" XPS monitor I have lying around.

Talking of the XPS, I have a dead 2003 (I think) model in my room which I think was fried from a power surge. Are there any useful components in there, or is it all outdated.

Also got a 5.1 Creative surround setup and hub that my brother sold me with the soon-to-be-dead XPS (worst purchase of my life, even more a waste of money than my PSP and Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition.)

Zabojnik

I got it set up and it's no nightmare at all. :/

Well the wires are but you could always get wireless, I just didn't have the money for that. Just plugged it into the different ports (with fitting colors and everything to guide you!), installed driver and that's it.

Yeah, analog is pretty straightforward. Digital it's where it gets somewhat complicated. Latency problems over optical and passing the channels through HDMI is another story altogether.

Has meme-momentum and lifespan ever been as badly misjudged as that Dudebro game that some guys on Gaf made? At first, it seemed awesome, but it ran out of steam well before anything real came out of it, and well after the point of no return as far as I can tell.

Right, but a bit more info would be appreciated. :p
Strong on the ball, the walking tank type. A poacher. I don't really follow Vitesse that much but he's top scorer in the Eredivisie with 26 goals I believe.

I'm always a bit weary with Eredivisie talent making the jump to a better league but I think he'll do fine at Juve. You need a striker and have an excellent team to provide for him.

Zabojnik

Strong on the ball, the walking tank type. A poacher. I don't really follow Vitesse that much but he's top scorer in the Eredivisie with 26 goals I believe.

I'm always a bit weary with Eredivisie talent making the jump to a better league but I think he'll do fine at Juve. You need a striker and have an excellent team to provide for him.

Thanks, Bacon. Yeah, when you see Pelle scoring as much as he is, you wonder. :)

sohois

Is there anything missing from this?

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...=alienware-x51&oc=d00and58&s=dhs&fb=1&vw=icon

edit: Damn didn't work, give us a second

1rPRmEG.jpg

Is it not higher-end? Is it far too expensive for the end-result?

Personally don't know why you would spend more than £500 on a gaming pc; one could surely build a next gen capable system for that kind of outlay, though i haven't been keeping up with the pc hardware scene.

Also you're probably paying quite a bit extra for a blu0ray drive which you won't need unless you actually want to watch blu-rays on your pc. I also highly doubt you would want your machine to come with windows 8. And that ram is too much really; despite all the talk about 8gb gddr5 or whatever it is, no games even require 8gb yet, let alone 16.

Is there anything missing from this?

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...=alienware-x51&oc=d00and58&s=dhs&fb=1&vw=icon

edit: Damn didn't work, give us a second

1rPRmEG.jpg

Is it not higher-end? Is it far too expensive for the end-result?

edit2: Off to bed, don't be insulted if I don't respond to any advice :p

Yes, the graphics card is far too weak - it's the part you want to skimp on the least. I'd not get anything under a GTX 670 / AMD 7970 considering a new gen of consoles are around the corner. You want a GPU with a minimum of 4GB GDDR5 RAM tbh.

And good God I hate to say it but that is frighteningly over priced for what's there. Basically, your starting point is CPU and GPU. Your CPU is ok if you're not interested in overclocking, but the GPU is not up to snuff.

As for 16GB DDR3 RAM - go for it to future proof provided they're not gouging you too heavily on it. It's amazing what seems overkill one month doesn't seem so the next month, and you have to think about future proofing if you're going to put down that much money.

Linius

Thanks, Bacon. Yeah, when you see Pelle scoring as much as he is, you wonder. :)

You know Pelle played years in our league without scoring goals as well? I think he's just better than before, him scoring so much now has little to do with our league.

And Bony is a fine striker. I think he would fit best in the PL though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arturo Vidal has invited Chilean international teammate Alexis Sanchez to join him at Juventus next season.

The Barcelona forward could be made available for transfer and Juve have been paired with the former Udinese star.

“I don’t know if he will arrive, but I would be very happy if he was to join us,” the midfielder told Tuttosport.

“What did we say to each other the last time we went out for dinner? I won’t answer that, although it seems as if I already have,” he smiled.

Vidal, however, has also been at the centre of transfer rumours with reports that Bayern Munich are keen on his services.

“I can promise the fans that I’m staying, 100 per cent,” said the 2011 summer signing from Bayer Leverkusen.

“I intend to remain here – I have a contract here for the next three and a half years.”

I'm glad he dined with Vidal and not Isla

Looks like West Ham will finally be awarded the Olympic Stadium, there's a press conference on SSN at 10:30.

It's sort of bitter-sweet feeling for most, as while the OS will give the club a great opportunity to expand and improve, it'll be so sad to see the death of the Boleyn and the affect that'll have on the area. Oh well, this is how I'll always remember the ground, before Brown put up those awful Lego-brick towers in 2001;

GePM4Ad.jpg

Saw my first game there in 1993 against Manchester United - Chapman & Morley scored two in five minutes to make it 2-1, before that Judas caaaaahnt Paul Ince equalised right at the death. I'll never forget the atmosphere, such jubilation followed by pure hatred, lol.

This is what they're planning to OS to look like once all's said and done;

9si0KT0.jpg

FootballFan

Mad Men Season 4 Episode 2 spoiler.

Don banged his secretary. Just another person to add to his long list. Wonder who is next. His neighbour or that blonde woman

Top Bottom