• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Suen

This is exactly the problem. We are only just competitive with these shit teams rather than destroying them.

It's not good enough for a team that has aspirations of being the best team in Asia.
I'm sure this is how everyone actually feels in the group :lol. There's Japan there which could arguably be considered as the best team in Asia but then it also helps them to have players playing across some of the bigger teams Europe. If Iraq was at it's 2007 height it could have been more intense but it's nothing more than a shadow of it's past now. Seeing both Iraq and Australia at the same level of Japan would actually have been quite fun to watch, even more fun if the whole group were like that. Asia as a whole need to put more money in developing more competetive football if they ever want anything serious to happen on a national level.

rvy

Banned
Nice. Once he came to Montreal to the Sport Montréal Benfica (Benfica association) and apparently he got plastered lol.

Too bad he's a Benfiquista ;) He almost came to Sporting.

He got plastered numerous times, it's his thing lol. Doesn't drink these days, I don't think.

Mmm that new Beyond gameplay kind of sold me on it, at first I thought controlling that spirit thingie was really dumb but it seems to open up for some interesting gameplay.

Let's hope Portugal fucks up in about 30 mins. We need some tears here.

Need them to win with 2 or more goals pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Spanish debt stuff is ludicrous. When they're raising VAT on important things like hospitals and shit and letting football clubs get away with it, something has to change.

kharma45

On our field trip to Cyprus last year we had a few Erasmus students and one of them was a guy from Barcelona and i wasn't until i spoke to him i realised how much of a debt ridden, financially corrupt the Spanish league is. From what i gathered from him the majority are pretty pissed off with how La Liga is run but unless a big club collapses nothing will change.

Suen

Best league in the world.
Best league in the world indeed
with debt

Seriously it's pretty disgusting and corrupt, hope a good solution can be found that won't kill some clubs or bring down the level too much. But they will have to take some kind of hit sooner or later.

GorillaJu

International break sucks so much ass. Suarez being so far away from Liverpool makes me even more nervous. He better not be kidnapped and held in a cellar in Munich.

I only saw the gif, it looked like a QTE to me. Every Cage game looks like QTEs to me, really.
"Press L2 to walk". Oh, piss off.

Maybe you should have pressed the link to the video in the OT. :p

There was more than enough actual gameplay in heavy rain for the "lol cutscene" argument to be extremely silly, but then I also still hear people cry and get angry over the walking dead not having enough bang bang shoot in them, instead of just accepting it isn't for them and they should move on.

Heavy Rains problem wasn't the quick time events, but the story holes... David Cage better have hired a decent writer to at least edit his story this time.

GorillaJu

Being Liverpool has been nominated for an Emmy :lol

BF9Xrq1CIAEQgBa.jpg:large

this is amazing. God I love Brendan.

rvy

Banned
Maybe you should have pressed the link to the video in the OT. :p

There was more than enough actual gameplay in heavy rain for the "lol cutscene" argument to be extremely silly, but then I also still hear people cry and get angry over the walking dead not having enough bang bang shoot in them, instead of just accepting it isn't for them and they should move on.

Heavy Rains problem wasn't the quick time events, but the story holes... David Cage better have hired a decent writer to at least edit his story this time.

I'm at work, baby. Can't be watching videos and shit.
I don't know, I just dislike his stuff. Dude is extremely pretentious and is nothing more than a failed writer, that only got a job because we allow shit writing in vidya.

mellz

Israel - Portugal is starting now.

D. Aouate
T. Ben Haim
E. Tibi
R. Gershon
Y. Shpungin
B. Natcho
S. Yeini
B. Kayal
M. Melikson
T. Hemed
E. Ben Basat
Coach: E. Guttmann

Rui Patrício
Pepe
Bruno Alves
Fábio Coentrão
João Pereira
Raul Meireles
Miguel Veloso
João Moutinho
Cristiano Ronaldo
Hélder Postiga
Silvestre Varela
Coach: Paulo Bento

Fuck you Israel. I woke up at 5:30AM just to watch you let Bruno Fucking Alves score on you right away? You're turning me into an anti-semite.

Lol, go back to sleep. No need to be up for Cunt FC.

It's Russia's group, Portugal dropping points is just as good as Russia winning! Plus the Russia game is in danger of being cancelled today anyway due to shit weather.

Let's hope that at least Rubin Kazan star, Bibras Natkho can help me out!

Linius

It's Russia's group, Portugal dropping points is just as good as Russia winning! Plus the Russia game is in danger of being cancelled today anyway due to shit weather.

I noticed Russia and us are the only countries to have won every game so far for this qualification.

There must be some form of Madrid-hate in this post, I can feel it.

A little of both. Portugal also fucked us two tournaments in a row, so yeah I won't forget that.

Linius

It says so in my ID, but I don't give a shit. Haven't support them since 2000. Bunch of cunts. Useless one at that.

OFF TO LUNCH, BITCHES

<3

You don't here that often, football fans not caring about their national squad. Unless they really suck maybe, but Portugal is has a good squad. But I like this attitude :D

Zabojnik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wUbjubdGq0

Pretty cool stuff this. John Mayer did a Google Hangout yesterday. Answering questions from fans, playing some tunes and announcing his US tour dates. Hopefully he'll come to The Netherlands at the end of the year.

I shouldn't have watched that interview/docu where they were showing what happened to his throat. Dat growth ... Goddamn, stuff of nightmares. I hope he'll be able to fully recover his singing voice. Still one of the most talented songwriters of the past 15 years, imo. Haters be damned.

Linius

I shouldn't have watched that interview/docu where they were showing what happened to his throat. Dat growth ... Goddamn, stuff of nightmares. I hope he'll be able to fully recover his singing voice. Still one of the most talented songwriters of the past 15 years, imo. Haters be damned.

Yeah, don't care about the haters. I like him. Also a very good guitar player, have you ever seen his live blu-ray (Where the Light Is)? It's amazing.

And his voice sounds pretty well in this video, he'll be back.

Linius

Nice :lol

Today the Dutchies can do some good business btw. Romania and Hungary are playing each other. A draw would be nice, then we have five point gap to both.

Top Bottom