• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Wilbur

Banned
I for one have a legitimate reason I'd like to think. It's them and Germany I wish all the bad luck of the world.

I can't really say I like any national teams :lol, it's not like club where I like Madrid and Dortmund and Spurs and Juventus.

I just don't like international football apart from the tournaments, and it's a shame. I used to be so invested in them. I remember 2002 against Brazil it was before school and I came in after and just broke down crying I was so sad we went out hahahah

I cried against Portugal 2004, cried when Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea in 2006. Fuck I was an emotional kid (last time I cried because of football was the 2008 CL final. That was such a fucking emotional roller coaster. I'm such a cunt)

But I used to love watching England. Now I just watch them if I'm in and have nothing better to do, and I watch World Cups as a relative neutral now. Shame. I've just been so disillusioned by it all.

rvy

Banned
You don't here that often, football fans not caring about their national squad. Unless they really suck maybe, but Portugal is has a good squad. But I like this attitude :D

I'm Benfiquista, fuck being Portuguese. Portugal sucks ass, dumb country filled with dumb people who hate working and whine all the time.

Linius

I can't really say I like any national teams :lol, it's not like club where I like Madrid and Dortmund and Spurs and Juventus.

I just don't like international football apart from the tournaments, and it's a shame. I used to be so invested in them. I remember 2002 against Brazil it was before school and I came in after and just broke down crying I was so sad we went out hahahah

I cried against Portugal 2004, cried when Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea in 2006. Fuck I was an emotional kid (last time I cried because of football was the 2008 CL final. That was such a fucking emotional roller coaster. I'm such a cunt)

But I used to love watching England. Now I just watch them if I'm in and have nothing better to do, and I watch World Cups as a relative neutral now. Shame. I've just been so disillusioned by it all.

I watch the tournaments and the qualifiers, skip every friendly. Guess I'm lucky to be born in a country that has a pretty good national squad so it's also a lot of fun watching our games. Too bad we lost three WC finals though :/

Wilbur

Banned
I watch the tournaments and the qualifiers, skip every friendly. Guess I'm lucky to be born in a country that has a pretty good national squad so it's also a lot of fun watching our games. Too bad we lost three WC finals though :/

Yeah as much as you've had awful luck in finals, you've still got a team that are generally quite good to watch. We've just had years of fucking McClaren and Hodgson. Even Capello was a damp squib. When we didnt qualify for Euro 2008 I think was when all my passion for England just went out the window, I just didnt seem to care.

Obviously if we get to the World Cup final you'll see me with my plastic flag and face paint :lol

Suen

I'm Benfiquista, fuck being Portuguese. Portugal sucks ass, dumb country filled with dumb people who hate working and whine all the time.
Bro that hate won't do you any good. Lighten up and support only Pepe, Coentrao and Ronaldo.

Scum

xlarge.jpg

Kotaku reviewing IGN's exclusive review of Bioshock Infinite.

Exclusive reviews? Fucking hell.

Being Liverpool has been nominated for an Emmy :lol

BF9Xrq1CIAEQgBa.jpg:large

loooool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
portugal wut

How can a team with Moutinho, Ronaldo and Pepe
lolno
be so shit?

Suen

The myth that Pepe is a bad defender NEEDS TO END
He's a good defender but when he does makes mistakes they are often ridiculous ones. Also he can be a cunt on the pitch but he's a necessary cunt for us. I'd say I'm satisfied with his performances most of the times.

Wilbur

Banned
Pepe is just a Portuguese Skrtel. Only angrier.

:lol

Seriously, in almost every aspect he's a fantastic player. Strong, fast, reads the game well, can do a job in midfield, technically good. Unfortunately he has a severe mental retardation and that's hindering his progress a fair amount. If he didnt display the behaviour of a convict he'd be right up there with the best in the world.

i'm loving this match, i'll take anything to show to Paulo Bento dick riders watching the game with me that the man is a fuckin turd, a fuckin turd, who's living from a win vs Spain that didn't matter shit.

Suen

:lol

Seriously, in almost every aspect he's a fantastic player. Strong, fast, reads the game well, can do a job in midfield, technically good. Unfortunately he has a severe mental retardation and that's hindering his progress a fair amount. If he didnt display the behaviour of a convict he'd be right up there with the best in the world.
He has actually behaved better than Ramos this season :lol.

Lima, imo, is too old.

now if Rodrigo was willing...

Either way they have to get rid of Bento first. I heard he said is against naturalizing new players.

btw, my long term plan to fix for the Russian striker problem is have Ronaldo impregnate his Russian girlfriend and then buy the kid's loyalty with oil money.

Bento is a turd, was a shit player, was shit in Sporting and is now shit in the National Team. how this guy keeps his job is beyond me.

Top Bottom