• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Goran Pandev ‏@goranpandev_2730m
It's true. My vote was for Vincente del Bosque. Apologies everyone.

Pandev is a pathological liar. Like when he said he didn't insult the ref in the SuperCup final. Actually, no, he's just an idiot.

rvy

Banned
Joy indeed.

If they can't beat Israel then how will they beat Newcastle?

Silly, Benfica doesn't have Portuguese players in the starting line-up.

Goran Pandev ‏@goranpandev_2730m
It's true. My vote was for Vincente del Bosque. Apologies everyone.

Pandev is a pathological liar. Like when he said he didn't insult the ref in the SuperCup final. Actually, no, he's just an idiot.

Make up your mind, baby.

TeegsD

God fuck, why Coentrao, why why why why

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Israel let Alves, Postiga and Coentrao score.

I think that says it all.

TeegsD

Beats having Portuguese players in the squad but not being relevant in the league table, IMO.

I'd rather go back to the days where we were in second with mostly Portuguese players on the team. But that is such a distant memory nowadays

rvy

Banned
I'd rather go back to the days where we were in second with mostly Portuguese players on the team. But that is such a distant memory nowadays

Someone named Roquette sold your souls to the devil, can't blame anybody but yourselves.
Still, it would be nice to have SCP back to form, instead of Porto B. I mean Braga, or whatever they call themselves these days.

rvy

Banned
Sperm donor? :0

Looks who's back!!!!

But no, lol.

Benfica is too powerful with their South American mercenaries. Portugal should institute a foreigner limit to nerf their power.

tumblr_mia0c1uAxd1rszvkgo1_500.gif

Personally don't know why you would spend more than £500 on a gaming pc; one could surely build a next gen capable system for that kind of outlay, though i haven't been keeping up with the pc hardware scene.

Also you're probably paying quite a bit extra for a blu0ray drive which you won't need unless you actually want to watch blu-rays on your pc. I also highly doubt you would want your machine to come with windows 8. And that ram is too much really; despite all the talk about 8gb gddr5 or whatever it is, no games even require 8gb yet, let alone 16.

Good point with the Bluray. The default customisation options with the X51 seem pretty poor, but I have no clue whatsoever what the going rate is for anything. I think I'd like the same RAM in the PC as the PS4, as long as it was upgradable in case PC gaming advances faster than expected

Yes, the graphics card is far too weak - it's the part you want to skimp on the least. I'd not get anything under a GTX 670 / AMD 7970 considering a new gen of consoles are around the corner. You want a GPU with a minimum of 4GB GDDR5 RAM tbh.

And good God I hate to say it but that is frighteningly over priced for what's there. Basically, your starting point is CPU and GPU. Your CPU is ok if you're not interested in overclocking, but the GPU is not up to snuff.

As for 16GB DDR3 RAM - go for it to future proof provided they're not gouging you too heavily on it. It's amazing what seems overkill one month doesn't seem so the next month, and you have to think about future proofing if you're going to put down that much money.

Balls to Alienware then. What's the point in paying a premium price for components that they've skimped out on in one instance, and gone over the top in the other. Do you know if there's a website that lists every consumer-available comonenent in order of general quality, which you then check and it lets you know if they're all compatible with one-another? I'm petrified of making the jump and doing it all wrong :p

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1513

so much better. and only a little bit more. only needs a bigger hard drive.

Cheers. What counts as an acceptable hard drive these days, bearing in mind that I (illogically, tbf) hate deleting and redownloading games to free up space when needed?

Because I'm a pussy :p

Fuck Portugal, but I'd rather they were at the World Cup than not

TeegsD

Someone named Roquette sold your souls to the devil, can't blame anybody but yourselves.
Still, it would be nice to have SCP back to form, instead of Porto B. I mean Braga, or whatever they call themselves these days.

Well I enjoyed Braga stepping up to the plate because just having 3 tops teams is pretty boring. I used to enjoy Boavista doing the same when I first started watching.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Pacheco is up to nowadays. He was always a coach I admired, always wanted him to coach us

Carbonox

Don't care if I'm late but thank fuck Haidara's injury is a lot less severe than first thought. He suffered bone bruising and soft tissue damage, and could be back as early as next month.

Top Bottom