• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Messi

tumblr_m4uzysbEap1rqrk6x.gif

I will remember this slight bacon. You will not be forgiven.

You're never nice. Only to Barça fans.

MÉS QUE UN MESSI

I actually think I am much nicer to people who aren't barca fans. Most of the barca fans here are muppets

I am very friendly to Madristas.

Don't you agree?

I remember last season when they were beating Fulham 1-0 and in the last minute Carrick blatantly fouled someone in the box and the reffed waved it away. It takes a brave referee to blow for an opposition penalty at Old Trafford in the first place, to give one in the last minute...I don't think any ref would have the balls. That's true for most of the big teams on their home turf.

I don't remember exactly what happened in the Reading game anyway.

Danny Murphy was the Fulham player who got barged over in the last minute for Fulham. As a Liverpool fan I have a photographic memory for the Mancs getting the benefit of poor refereeing :p

Vidic basically pushed a Reading player over when the ball was dropping between them. Easy decision, blatant penalty, no subtlety at all

bud23

Not sure if this was already posted, anyway I just found a hamburger inspired by Guardiola; The hotpepguardinator.

McDonald's launches 'HoTPePGuardinator' sandwich

He's not even moved in properly yet, but Pep Guardiola already has a sandwich dedicated to the upcoming Bayern Munich coach.

Named the "HoTPePGuardinator", the sandwich comprises of a chicken schnitzel sat in a brown bread bun with a slice of cheese and basic veggies.

1363969691_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Amazing

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gylfi just scored a fucking amazing free kick for Iceland against Slovenia.

bud23

Spain starting XI vs Finland;

Valdés; Arbeloa, Ramos, Piqué, Alba; Busquets, Cazorla, Iniesta; Silva, Fábregas, Villa

No Torres.

Zabojnik

It was probably at the World Cup that you qualified for at our expense :(

Yeah, lol. Dunno, I just can't connect with our national team for some reason. I've been a Juve / Italy supporter for as long as I can remember. I was kinda into it when based Zahovic was still playing, we were pretty good back then. Nowadays ... Not so much.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its funny how all the newspapers the sun is the worst here though, saying england have no chance of winning now they lost rio ferdinand, like seriously wtf lol

its funny how all the newspapers the sun is the worst here though, saying england have no chance of winning now they lost rio ferdinand, like seriously wtf lol

I imagine they were being facetious in the face of the media furore that they themselves probably propogated. The cunts.

Don't Buy The S*n

Yeah, lol. Dunno, I just can't connect with our national team for some reason. I've been a Juve / Italy supporter for as long as I can remember. I was kinda into it when based Zahovic was still playing, we were pretty good back then. Nowadays ... Not so much.

The "Tragedy at Maribor" is the worst footballing loss of my life. Didn't watch football for six months afterwards :(

Zabojnik

Slovenia 1 - 2 Iceland. Sigurdsson scored. You see, Sviato? We can't even beat goddamn Iceland at home.

EDIT: The "Tragedy at Maribor", holy shit, haha. So sorry, mang. The ref was on our side that night, if I remember correctly.

FootballFan

Goran Pandev ‏@goranpandev_2730m
It's true. My vote was for Vincente del Bosque. Apologies everyone.

Pandev is a pathological liar. Like when he said he didn't insult the ref in the SuperCup final. Actually, no, he's just an idiot.

Mourinho is like Ronaldo, obsessed with prizes and cries. Probably called every person that didn't vote for him.

"DID YOU VOTE FOR ME MAN??! TELL ME YOU DID MAN!? REMEMBER WHAT WE DID AT INTER MAN?!"

Another shithead.

Slizz

I'm watching so many games right now. I have 2 basketball games going and 1 WCQ going and it will continue like that throughout the entire day.

Slizz

I miss the Olympics :(

What a fantastic job the various organisations did of it

March Madness the biggest(64 teams) College basketball tourney is happening now. There are 4 networks broadcasting games all throughout the day.

And then ESPN3 has every WCQ being played today.

It's a sports overload.

March Madness the biggest(64 teams) College basketball tourney is happening now. There are 4 networks broadcasting games all throughout the day.

And then ESPN3 has every WCQ being played today.

It's a sports overload.

Its a basketball tournament though

I'd rather watch Scotland vs Wales

Slovenia 1 - 2 Iceland. Sigurdsson scored. You see, Sviato? We can't even beat goddamn Iceland at home.

EDIT: The "Tragedy at Maribor", holy shit, haha. So sorry, mang. The ref was on our side that night, if I remember correctly.

We got a pair of reds, no big deal. It's not just that we didn't qualify, it's that I felt we could have done some damage at the World Cup if we did. That was probably the best Russia side that I have seen. We won all our games in the qualifying group beforehand except the two against Germany. And we were honestly the better side in those two games as well. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
LOL just got interviewed at my job, asked for thoughts on the game. When asked about Mexico's lineup, all I could think about was fucking Torrado and Salcido.

THANKS A FUCKING LOT REGULUS
IT'S OUR WEAK POINT

I'M JUST SAYING YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON HACKING THEM

Messi

Theres something special about this tourney. Tons of games literally won on lasts shots in the last seconds. The first 2 days where 32 games are played gets really intense.

College basketball is great fun to watch. The crowd are always so hyped

Top Bottom