• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Stefan Savic on his time at City and Jovetic to City rumours:

"I would recommend City to him [Stevan Jovetic]. I think City's a rising team, one of the best clubs in Europe. It was hard for me there because I came straight from Serbia. I won a league title but I knew I had to play regularly to improve.

It is different for Stevan. He has 5 years experience, he could play straight away with Sergio Aguero or Carlos Tevez.

I worked with Joe Hart every day - he is one of the best three keepers in Europe with Gianluigi Buffon and Samir Handanovic.

I'll look forward to seeing them [Joe/Lescott/Milner] again. One of the last times I did we were jumping around after the QPR game!"

Sounds like Jovetic to City is basically a done deal. Congrats, dc.

Saw the first episode of Vikings. It's not terrible, that's all I have to say about it. Oh, also, where's mah nudity and gore? Fucking History Channel.

Linius

ijkyjuf8Tl3ej.gif

No man could resist this look.

Yeah Dead's Man Shoes is a superb film.

This line is excellent: "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Wes

venison crêpe
I missed the news that Fletcher is out for 6 weeks. Hixx, what are Sunderlands options without him? Change of formation or do you have a possible replacement for him?

dc89

Sounds like Jovetic to City is basically a done deal. Congrats, dc.

Saw the first episode of Vikings. It's not terrible, that's all I have to say about it. Oh, also, where's mah nudity and gore? Fucking History Channel.

ty. I knew selling Stefan to Fiorentina was the right thing to do.

arkon

I remember Fletcher being pretty silky when he wants to be. Haven't really watched him enough to comment more throughly though

Hixx

Graham's a cart horse.

He's the lad in the team who hasn't really got anything about him so keeps his passing short and neat and runs about a lot.

Like a forward version of Joe Allen.

Graham's a cart horse.

He's the lad in the team who hasn't really got anything about him so keeps his passing short and neat and runs about a lot.

Like a forward version of Joe Allen.

You say that as though you're expecting something more spectacular than a disappointed agreement :p

Graham's best against teams that play high lines, but your attack is so plodding, the ball will never be played through to him regularly enough. You seem like you attack more by slowly building towards the goal, giving the opposition far too much time to drop back for them to have to worrry about Graham playing off the shoulder

dc89

Newcastle have joined the race to sign Lescott who could be available this summer for £4m.

Daily Mail report that Txiki has ordered a detailed report on every training session from U15 to U21 level. This has apparently led to friction which stems from staff wanting to remain loyal to Mancini and at the same time wanting to satisfy Txiki who is 'the new man in power'.

Are we going to implode?

I was playing the Joe Allen role in clubs the other day, equally as poorly as he does. Relatively tidy, but ultimately doing fuck all.

Joe Allen is toilet. Rodgers should sell him and bring in midfielder with some testicles. Or maybe Coutinho could play in that position. He's a good player.

I think Henderson is and will be much better.

I think Rodgers and possibly Arnie :)P) are the only people on Earth who would dispute that based on the last 7 months

edit: Holy shit, physical yet shite men against technically superb and tactically capable boys

arkon

Newcastle have joined the race to sign Lescott who could be available this summer for £4m.

Daily Mail report that Txiki has ordered a detailed report on every training session from U15 to U21 level. This has apparently led to friction which stems from staff wanting to remain loyal to Mancini and at the same time wanting to satisfy Txiki who is 'the new man in power'.

Are we going to implode?

Who knows? Stories like that don't help though.

Kyoufu

Are we going to implode?

We don't buy from the Premier League bro.

Are we going to implode?

Nah. If there are people at those levels who aren;t doing their jobs properly, they're harming the future of your club and need to be either put right, or thrown out. You can't turn an average youth setup into the best in the world without ruffling a few feathers.

I think we had the same conversations on RAWK when the Barca guys came in and were unsatisfied with certain people at all levels and essentially had them replaced. People were annoyed that staff who'd been at the club for years were relieved of their positions, but we've already started reaping the benefits. Its a cliche, but there's no room for sentimentality in the serious parts of football.

Top Bottom