• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Clegg

he seems quite wild and doesn't really look like he doesn't even have a clue what he's doing most of the time--he's barely holding on to the ball a lot of times. his passing is not very good either--if attacking defenders won't amount to anything and he'll be forced to pass, he won't be doing much.

i honestly don't see what makes him special. yes, at least he tries to attack defenders which is something most english players aren't capable of, but, i dunno, that seems to be about it.

Most 20 year old wingers are exactly how you've described them. Ronaldo was the exact same at that age. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ronaldo but there is a comparison to be made. Ronaldo was the better dribbler at that age but there were plenty of times when he lost control of the ball or gave possession away cheaply.

Zaha isn't afraid to take players on and has great movement off the ball. He also played a couple of decent through balls. And he took his goal very well. He showed a lot of very good things for England last night.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
David Ospina plays the ball better with his feet than Valdes. And he's actually good!

speaking of movies zero dark thirty was awful.

The red head was fine though

Arnie

he seems quite wild and doesn't really look like he doesn't even have a clue what he's doing most of the time--he's barely holding on to the ball a lot of times. his passing is not very good either--if attacking defenders won't amount to anything and he'll be forced to pass, he won't be doing much.

i honestly don't see what makes him special. yes, at least he tries to attack defenders which is something most english players aren't capable of, but, i dunno, that seems to be about it.

I'm with you.

Very wild player, slapstick almost. And it's not necessarily an age thing.

arkon

I watched The Vow today. Only reason I hung around was Rachel McAdams. That plus me being too lazy to reach the remote and change the channel.

#BlameTheInternationalBreak

Most 20 year old wingers are exactly how you've described them. Ronaldo was the exact same at that age. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ronaldo but there is a comparison to be made. Ronaldo was the better dribbler at that age but there were plenty of times when he lost control of the ball or gave possession away cheaply.

Zaha isn't afraid to take players on and has great movement off the ball. He also played a couple of decent through balls. And he took his goal very well. He showed a lot of very good things for England last night.
I see you're committing to this.

Good luck.

Clegg

I see you're committing to this.

Good luck.

They're just totes jelly.

And Zaha looks a decent player.

It's a rare day when I'm more positive about a player than you. WTF is happening?

I really don't the need for negativity over Zaha. He offers something our wingers don't have at the moment. And if he fails, we can always cut our losses after a few seasons. It's nothing that major imo.

Messi

:lol thanks. I was reading back and thought that sounded cool :lol

joan-laughing.gif

They'd have to cut costs ASAP.

So basically sell players.

Would they have to hope for competition from buyers to get a good price for the players do you reckon?

If all the players left and the funds only balanced the books, would City have the revenue streams to buy players capable of remaining in the Premier League, or would they be looking at years in the wilderness while they restructure?

Would they have to hope for competition from buyers to get a good price for the players do you reckon?

If all the players left and the funds only balanced the books, would City have the revenue streams to buy players capable of remaining in the Premier League, or would they be looking at years in the wilderness while they restructure?
They'd get a good price for most of them I think. Good players. Of course everyone would know they needed to sell but still good players.

Personally I see no way how City could challenge for anything without their owners but they'd stay in the division most probably. Just about. Possibly not because of the rate at which they'd have to cull the squad but on a structural level I could see them in the PL without the owners especially as some investments have already been made which wouldn't be affected by the owners leaving.

They made a big loss this year gone and that's with multiple sponsorship deals which are only in place because of the owners. Even if those deals remained in place...they're making a loss. Need owners to cover the expenses and then sign new players. Won't happen.

They'd have to sell

Aguero
Yaya
Tevez
Dzeko
Kompany
Silva

And whoever else is on massive wages.

While not 'massive' in modern football terms, I'd imagine just about all of their players are on massive wages relative to what they provide to the team. I'm especially thinking of the likes of Garcia, Kolarov and Nasri

Clegg

Van Nistelrooy was such a good striker.

It's a shame that he didn't win more during his time with us.

He played in some pretty cack United teams.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Colombia goes to Buenos Aires in June. Argentina is going to get shit on. Our defenders play in Italy so we're going to crush that little midget Messi. Plus, we can score goals

Clegg

It's amazing how similar so many goals in that RVN vid are.

One excellent first touch and then he buries it in the back of the net.

World class striker.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
RVN was a great player, but I remember how expensive he was at the time. £19m was a record wasn't it? For a player from PSV. Think that signalled the start of the crazy EPL bubble for me that gave us poor Andy Caroll-gate.

Meanwhile we signed Henrik Larsson from Feyenoord for £650k a couple years before.

Colombia goes to Buenos Aires in June. Argentina is going to get shit on. Our defenders play in Italy so we're going to crush that little midget Messi. Plus, we can score goals

Russia play Argentina in August. They'll be overconfident coming off an annihilation of Cuntlombia and will get humbled by Capello and the boys.

His passing is actually pretty decent. At least, at Championship level. I was a bit worried about that before looking at him more closely. As for Zaha's dribbling, I really don't think he's another Obertan. He's skilful in the way Gervinho is, but it's difficult to tell how effective he can become - he could be the next Ashley Young or a legitimately class winger. Either way, United is probably the best destination in England to develop his game.

GQman2121

Banned
Zodiac is a Blu-ray everyone should own. It's a demo quality disc. Fincher has a great cinematic style and it just pops on HD. It's on display in House of Cards too.

Anyway, this international shit is the worst. I can't help but feel anything but worried that something is going to happen to our players every time these breaks come around. Our fixture list for the next month is insane.

Van Nistelrooy was such a good striker.

It's a shame that he didn't win more during his time with us.

He played in some pretty cack United teams.

Love the vids with him working with the kids at the academy.

Top Bottom