• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Brilliant film.

Watched Argo tonight, it was class. Watching Zodiac now on BBC2. Never seen it before but it's pretty good.
Great film, seen it only once but I remember it being really good.

Did you know that some of the stuff in the wide shots of the city are CGI? :p

I watch too much and read too little as of late.
6 books, of which four real books and the other two a number I pulled out of my arse for all the manga and comics I read, and 25 movies at the moment.

I'll never reach the 50 books mark but I'm heading for the 100/50 movies to make up for it.

Timurid

I don't watch enough movies or read enough books for that.

This book is a must read.

i-am-zlatan-picture1.jpg

arkon

6 books, of which four real books and the other two a number I pulled out of my arse for all the manga and comics I read, and 25 movies at the moment.

I'll never reach the 50 books mark but I'm heading for the 100/50 movies to make up for it.

If we're counting manga and comics then I might just make the 50 mark.

This book is a must read.

i-am-zlatan-picture1.jpg

It's one of the football-related ones I want to read.

kharma45

Brilliant film.

Watched Argo tonight, it was class. Watching Zodiac now on BBC2. Never seen it before but it's pretty good.

Zodiac is awesome, dat
basement
scene, so tense.

Argo was also excellent, can't believe it wasn't even nominated for best picture at the Oscars.

If we're counting manga and comics then I might just make the 50 mark.

It's one of the football-related ones I want to read.
There are no rules on counting comics so I'm doing whatever I think is fair. I used to read a lot as a kid but not anymore. I can only read before going to bed and that's when I also listen to podcasts. Ain't got time for both.

Started Lord of the Flies a week ago and I'm at the fourth chapter :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I was looking thru the archive for the last thread and came across this title: 'I may have gotten my step mom pregnant'

:lol I have that movie

-15th team, lol

arkon

There are no rules on counting comics so I'm doing whatever I think is fair. I used to read a lot as a kid but not anymore. I can only read before going to bed and that's when I also listen to podcasts. Ain't got time for both.

Started Lord of the Flies a week ago and I'm at the fourth chapter :lol

Heh. Yeah, reading before bed tends to be the optimal time for me as well. I'm a slow reader too, so it takes about a week t read through a decent-sized novel. At my peak a few years ago I only managed to read about 40 books in a year, and that was mainly down to just focusing on books. No comics or manga.

Podcasts I've got a 20-30 minute drive to work so I listen then or when I'm doing household chores. Helps with the monotony.

So there's a Twitter account for an FC Porto coach who claims that he knows Mourinho will manage Chelsea next season.

Sounds about right.

Messi

That was a great movie. Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx were awesome

Also I would not have known that was Bardem if you guys had not told me. He was great also

Wes

venison crêpe
Zodiac was a real up and down movie. I enjoy the earlier parts the most I think (mainly because it reminded me so much of the excellent All The President's Men).

Valdes was terrible on that Finland goal. I hope Spain misses the World Cup because of Victor Valdes.

Why not start Degea?

Because he plays for Barca, so he must be pretty good.

Valdes is like the 12th best Spanish keeper

Does the lack of solution in the Jack The Ripper case prevent it from being perfect source material for a serious investigation film? Everything about it is perfect, except for the lack of pay-off

bud

Highlights of Zaha's MoTM winnnig performance for England U21's.

The boy is a bit special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhvjR8L_rQ&feature=player_embedded

he seems quite wild and doesn't really look like he doesn't even have a clue what he's doing most of the time--he's barely holding on to the ball a lot of times. his passing is not very good either--if attacking defenders won't amount to anything and he'll be forced to pass, he won't be doing much.

i honestly don't see what makes him special. yes, at least he tries to attack defenders which is something most english players aren't capable of, but, i dunno, that seems to be about it.

Top Bottom