• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Clegg

Made a little change to Fryers' wiki :p

Lets see how long it lasts

Saved for posterity

Zeki's career-defining moment came in a League Cup match in the League Cup semi-final against Crystal Palace. Trailing 1-2, and going into the last minute of extra time, Fryers made his way to the edge of the box only to see the ball break past him and Crystal Palace set off on a counter-attack. Somewhat bizarrely, and some would say, counter-productively, Fryers opted to choose this moment at a vital stage in the game to practise his swan dive. His first attempt was unsuccessful, but upon regaining his feet he made a second attempt, beginning with a flamboyant stumble and ending with an exceptional swallow dive, hitting the turf at a 45-degree angle. Ex-England star Emile Heskey responded by telling MUFCTV, 'There's a lot of potential in the lad, I've offered my services to the club and he'll soon be falling like a narcoleptic in a brewery.' Manager Alex Ferguson was however less impressed, and was heard by at least 3 spectators to have muttered the words, 'What in Christ's name was that?

MPW

La Décima

Ain't gonna happen brah

it will happen, just not with mourinho, watch whoever comes in next @ madrid wins CL and gets all the credit for something mou built lol

552029_588393551200865_2088988405_n.jpg

Sloosha

I'll probably get Bioshock Infinite sometime down the road. Injustice will probably be my next purchase - although I'm getting it more as a DC fan than a NetherRealms one.

GorillaJu

I can't fucking wait for Bioshock to be honest. The first one was one of the best experiences I've had playing a video game in years. Man I loved everything about it. Even my motor mouth friend who wouldn't shut up about everything was just a rehash of Systemshock 2. :lol

arkon

I can't fucking wait for Bioshock to be honest. The first one was one of the best experiences I've had playing a video game in years. Man I loved everything about it. Even my motor mouth friend who wouldn't shut up about everything was just a rehash of Systemshock 2. :lol

It wasn't close enough to system shock 2 for me.

GorillaJu

I doubt Messi got paid much for that. It's just Esquire magazine. Probably his publicist recommended it to get his image out in different places rather than him looking at a cheque and jumping at the chance.

What do people think about playing single player games together as a group of friends? One person plays and the other watch – beers and pizza also commonly involved. I personally love this. My friends and I played Uncharted, Bioshock, Ass Creed, lots of others in this fashion and it was great. When you're watching and not playing, you can absorb the story, graphics and settings more since you aren't concentrating on dealing with the systems and worrying about dying (kind of like when you read aloud you forget a lot of the contents because you're focusing on your voice projection). Too bad I live alone now and my gf falls asleep in like 10 minutes if I play a SP game unless it has boobs or crazy action.

I doubt Messi got paid much for that. It's just Esquire magazine. Probably his publicist recommended it to get his image out in different places rather than him looking at a cheque and jumping at the chance.

What do people think about playing single player games together as a group of friends? One person plays and the other watch – beers and pizza also commonly involved. I personally love this. My friends and I played Uncharted, Bioshock, Ass Creed, lots of others in this fashion and it was great. When you're watching and not playing, you can absorb the story, graphics and settings more since you aren't concentrating on dealing with the systems and worrying about dying (kind of like when you read aloud you forget a lot of the contents because you're focusing on your voice projection). Too bad I live alone now and my gf falls asleep in like 10 minutes if I play a SP game unless it has boobs or crazy action.

Your girlfriend must be a huge Itagaki fan.

Sloosha

Playing the demo of Bioshock for the first time was probably one of the most memorable moments of this gen for me. Still not sure how I feel about the overall experience but I absolutely adore the beginning of that game.

Playing the demo of Bioshock for the first time was probably one of the most memorable moments of this gen for me. Still not sure how I feel about the overall experience but I absolutely adore the beginning of that game.

The boring gameplay did get me in the end and made me not finish it, but yeah, that fucking opening, so good. The atmosphere was for the most part really great but it just got boring all of a sudden.

FootballFan

I loved the demo, it's why I bought it.

The boring gameplay did get me in the end and made me not finish it, but yeah, that fucking opening, so good. The atmosphere was for the most part really great but it just got boring all of a sudden.

Everything after the twist was terrible. Some of the levels in that game were incredible though. Dat Fort Frolic.

FootballFan

Depends what game, when I was playing Heavy Rain, no matter what part I was up to, people would walk in and start watching.

"oh what game is th.. DON'T GO THERE MAN" lol

Games like Bayonetta, GoW, Ass Creed, Haze, CoD etc. can get real boring for people watching imo. Where games like Saints Row, GT5, GTA, Uncharted and so on are usually more entertaining.

arkon

It's an enjoyable way to play through games for me. We'd also alternate so everyone got a go. Especially fun if you've been shit talking the person playing and perform even worse when in the hotseat, although on the whole things tend to be more collaborative.

GorillaJu

Bioshock isn't the best game of the gen but the highs of it are well up there with the very best – the same could be said of Heavy Rain. The game did falter after the twist

Puzzle games are the best though (when playing with friends). My friends and I played Zack & Wiki together. Extremely good times.

Bioshock isn't the best game of the gen but the highs of it are well up there with the very best – the same could be said of Heavy Rain. The game did falter after the twist

Puzzle games are the best though (when playing with friends). My friends and I played Zack & Wiki together. Extremely good times.

What's the best game of this gen in your opinion?

Clegg

Half Life 2 probably doesn't count as a current gen game but the first time I played it was as part of the Orange Box. If HL2 doesn't count then the HL episodes are my favourite games from this gen.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm in the middle of BioShock now actually, and while I can see the appeal, it's not blowing me away. The combat is pretty average although I do think the game makes up for it in mood and atmosphere. I'm not bored with it--its just not pulling me in and sinking its hooks into me in a way that I'd like.

I think I'm in the final stretch though, so I should finish up by next weekend.

Can someone tell me how much further I have to go please?

I just finished the would you kindly twist and killed Ryan on orders from Atlas.

GorillaJu

I'm in the middle of BioShock now actually, and while I can see the appeal, it's not blowing me away. The combat is pretty average although I do think the game makes up for it in mood and atmosphere. I'm not bored with it--its just not pulling me in and sinking its hooks into me in a way that I'd like.

I think I'm in the final stretch though, so I should finish up by next weekend.

Can someone tell me how much further I have to go please?

I just finished the would you kindly twist and killed Ryan on orders from Atlas.

You're just about done. An hour or so remains.

GorillaJu

Oh really? I should really have finished it then cause I stopped not long after that.

You've already far surpasse the best parts of the game but its worth finishing for the sake of finishing. It's not going to make you dislike the game any more (like the ME3 ending)

According to newspapers, Spurs have joined in one the hunt for Andreas Cornelius with Arsenal (and Stoke lol). You can't have him now, go away.

You've already far surpasse the best parts of the game but its worth finishing for the sake of finishing. It's not going to make you dislike the game any more (like the ME3 ending)

Ah well I lost the saves some time ago.

dc89

We don't buy from the Premier League bro.

He's won stuff, CL expierience. You'll be interested.

Nah. If there are people at those levels who aren;t doing their jobs properly, they're harming the future of your club and need to be either put right, or thrown out. You can't turn an average youth setup into the best in the world without ruffling a few feathers.

I think we had the same conversations on RAWK when the Barca guys came in and were unsatisfied with certain people at all levels and essentially had them replaced. People were annoyed that staff who'd been at the club for years were relieved of their positions, but we've already started reaping the benefits. Its a cliche, but there's no room for sentimentality in the serious parts of football.

Interesting.

Arnie

Bioshock and Halo 3 are the two games that had the biggest impact on me, from this generation. I'd also throw Bad Company 2 and Gears in there as an honourable mentions.

Bioshock was story done right. Not just the twist, although that did blow my mind. It's the way the world's built, the way it's coloured by the audio diaries, and the sense of place.

Halo 3 is just a sublime experience, especially the multiplayer. Put hundreds of hours into that thing, with my friends, too. Great memories that I won't forget. I remember being up at the crack of dawn to play the Halo 3 Beta with my friend, then we had to go to school and we couldn't stop talking about the games we'd played. Then after school I rang up work (Bargain Booze), told them I was ill, and bought a 2 litre of Dr Pepper and played all night.

Fun fact: Montenegro has a population roughly the size of Sheffield.

Would say that as overall experiences, Bioshock, Red Dead, Super Mario Galaxy (1 and 2!), Journey, Rayman Origins, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain are my games of the gen.

I love games that try something different. SMG, Journey and Uncharted are the mind blowing ones for me,

Top Bottom