• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Well that's not really strange since Iceland has better players then Slovenia in almost every position

Like who? I think I only know Sigurdsson. Genuinely curious, btw, as I don't recall ever seeing Iceland making it to Euro/World cup. Slovenia, on the other hand, manages to do that from time to time.

Linius

Like who? I think I only know Sigurdsson. Genuinely curious, btw, as I don't recall ever seeing Iceland making it to Euro/World cup. Slovenia, on the other hand, manages to do that from time to time.

Iceland have a class striker, our striker. Though he needs to get back in form, has been injured for quite a while.

Linius

Birsa > any icelandic player

Sigþórsson is four years younger and shows great promise. If he manages to not get injured next season I could see him become a great striker. Haven't really seen Birsa play, so I can't say which one is better.

Timurid

Sigþórsson is four years younger and shows great promise. If he manages to not get injured next season I could see him become a great striker. Haven't really seen Birsa play, so I can't say which one is better.

This Sig guy maybe good, but he doesnt even scratch the surface when compared to the great Birsa.

Linius

Lol, posted that Barca women gif in /r/soccer (urrrgh, that name) and added tiki-taka to the title, sure gets a lot of salty reactions how a string of passes is not tiki-taka. The internet sure does take things seriously :p

Linius

I don't like Reddit. Such a cluster fuck of a website.

I mostly skim the frontpage for funny stuff, most things that are worth watching get a lot of upvotes so the frontpage is just enough.

And since I'm making gifs posting the occasional gif.

dc89

I mostly skim the frontpage for funny stuff, most things that are worth watching get a lot of upvotes so the frontpage is just enough.

And since I'm making gifs posting the occasional gif.

It's good for finding content but the way the comments are laid out makes discussion pretty much impossible in popular threads.

I can only look at it for a few minutes before I have to GTFO.

---

Mf1nECf.jpg

Best game of the last gen? Quite possibly, damn I want to play it now. Shouldn't have watched a YouTube video :(

Strax

Birsa > any icelandic player

heh.png

n_f_c_barcelona_e_gudjohnsen-210614.jpg

tumblr_mf8xvdi3UQ1rqgnryo1_400.gif

lunapic_135586195126456_3.gif

Best known players right now, Slovenia has a better goalkeeper for sure tho.

DF Grétar Rafn Steinsson 9 January 1982 (age 31) 46 4 Turkey Kayserispor
MF Guðlaugur Victor Pálsson 30 April 1991 (age 21) 0 0 Netherlands NEC
7 MF Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 27 October 1990 (age 22) 24 1 Netherlands AZ
8 MF Birkir Bjarnason 27 May 1988 (age 24) 20 2 Italy Pescara
10 MF Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson 8 September 1989 (age 23) 16 4 England Tottenham Hotspur
14 MF Ólafur Ingi Skúlason 1 April 1983 (age 29) 17 1 Belgium Zulte Waregem
15 MF Helgi Valur Daníelsson 13 July 1981 (age 31) 26 0 Sweden AIK
17 MF Aron Einar Gunnarsson (captain) 22 April 1989 (age 23) 34 0 Wales Cardiff City
21 MF Emil Hallfreðsson 29 June 1984 (age 28) 36 1 Italy Hellas Verona
9 FW Kolbeinn Sigþórsson 14 March 1990 (age 23) 13 8 Netherlands Ajax
11 FW Alfreð Finnbogason 1 February 1989 (age 24) 14 3 Netherlands SC Heerenveen
22 FW Eiður Smári Guðjohnsen 15 September 1978 (age 34) 70 24 Belgium Club Brugge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9SvRX-8pZ4&feature=youtu.be

Well it looked kinda promising until 1:20. He pulls some sort of drone out of his ass and let's it scout ahead.

What have they done to Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory forever.

They focus grouped the shit out of it. 98% of all big games these days have no identity at all cause they are afraid of letting the game designers actually do their job, got to try and appeal to the masses as much as possible and as a result water it all down. Why the fuck does all games have batvision too now? Completely destroyed the fun of hitman too.

heh.png

n_f_c_barcelona_e_gudjohnsen-210614.jpg

tumblr_mf8xvdi3UQ1rqgnryo1_400.gif

lunapic_135586195126456_3.gif

Best known players right now, Slovenia has a better goalkeeper for sure tho.

DF Grétar Rafn Steinsson 9 January 1982 (age 31) 46 4 Turkey Kayserispor
MF Guðlaugur Victor Pálsson 30 April 1991 (age 21) 0 0 Netherlands NEC
7 MF Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 27 October 1990 (age 22) 24 1 Netherlands AZ
8 MF Birkir Bjarnason 27 May 1988 (age 24) 20 2 Italy Pescara
10 MF Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson 8 September 1989 (age 23) 16 4 England Tottenham Hotspur
14 MF Ólafur Ingi Skúlason 1 April 1983 (age 29) 17 1 Belgium Zulte Waregem
15 MF Helgi Valur Daníelsson 13 July 1981 (age 31) 26 0 Sweden AIK
17 MF Aron Einar Gunnarsson (captain) 22 April 1989 (age 23) 34 0 Wales Cardiff City
21 MF Emil Hallfreðsson 29 June 1984 (age 28) 36 1 Italy Hellas Verona
9 FW Kolbeinn Sigþórsson 14 March 1990 (age 23) 13 8 Netherlands Ajax
11 FW Alfreð Finnbogason 1 February 1989 (age 24) 14 3 Netherlands SC Heerenveen
22 FW Eiður Smári Guðjohnsen 15 September 1978 (age 34) 70 24 Belgium Club Brugge

Don't forget Sølvi Ottesen, our 15 mil CL qual winner man.

iAq52Krfyxtqm.gif

(he's not even in our first team anymore, but will always love him for getting that in and wanted an excuse to show our Stoke tactics lol)

dc89

They focus grouped the shit out of it. 98% of all big games these days have no identity at all cause they are afraid of letting the game designers actually do their job, got to try and appeal to the masses as much as possible and as a result water it all down. Why the fuck does all games have batvision too now? Completely destroyed the fun of hitman too.

It's like they're almost scared to appeal to the actual fans of that series and what they want to play. Instead, they want to make something universal and a game which is very much the jack of all trades, master of none. It pisses me right off.

That's why Kojima deserves props. He does what he wants, and it's bollocks to you if you don't like it.

Strax

Don't forget Sølvi Ottesen, our 15 mil CL qual winner man.

iAq52Krfyxtqm.gif

(he's not even in our first team anymore, but will always love him for getting that in and wanted an excuse to show our Stoke tactics lol)

It's amazing he's not in the first team, dude is a top 5 scandinavian CB

To be fair to them, maintaining top 4 status despite spending no money is impressive.

Also fucking lol at QPR. They've spent more than us, the wankers.

It's incredible and it puts them in a tough position with Wenger.

But they basically lied to their fans about moving to the new ground.

rodvik

We have Stoke, Villa, Southampton to play. If we can't get 6 points there we will go down.

Yeah our game with you lot is looking unpleasantly important and visa versa :( Its getting tight down at the bottom.

Your game vs Newcastle has the makings of a real firecracker.

Clegg

Kojima needs no redemption.

MGS 4, story problems and all, is still a better game than 99% of what's available on the market right now.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The problem with MGS4 was too much outside guidance. lol Ryan Payton making the entire team play Gears of War.

Clegg

My biggest problems with MGS 4 was the fourth act. I enjoyed the nostalgia of the setting but I felt they could have thought the act through a bit better

I wasn't a fan of those little spider machines or the gecko's which populated the level.

Lightning

Banned
My biggest problems with MGS 4 was the fourth act. I enjoyed the nostalgia of the setting but I felt they could have thought the act through a bit better

I wasn't a fan of those little spider machines or the gecko's which populated the level.
Act 4 wasn't great but better than Act 5. Act 5 needed to be done again. Aside from the final fight with Ocelot the entire act was a disaster.

Loved the game though. One of my favourite games this gen.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

Both acts 3 and 4 are horrendously lazy. Randomly placed robots in act 4, horrible open-world-game-esque 'stealth mission' in act 3. Act 1 was great, act 2 was okay.

The 10 minutes of gameplay at the start of Act 5 are the best in the game. Classic MGS. So polished, fast paced, a ton of possible routes, vision cones from cameras everywhere, no chance of running and gunning. If only the whole game had been that, just set on a massive Outer Haven. Would've been incredible. It was like the levels without the waterpack in Mario Sunshine, such a tease.

Hixx

To be fair to them, maintaining top 4 status despite spending no money is impressive.

Also fucking lol at QPR. They've spent more than us, the wankers.

Our net spend is closer to 50-60, no way is it 88. Keane spent about £40m, Bruce's net spend ended up at about even, O'Neill about 25m. So 60-70 then. Imagine if someone competent had that money to spend. :(((((

Top Bottom