• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Arnie

As a stranger to Burger King, why is everything they serve so fucking small ?

Because you didn't buy a Whopper, or a Whopper variant.

Related to Burger King, in the Leicester Square branch, which I visited last night, they've got a refillable drinks machine that contains the following:

Coke Vanilla
Coke Vanilla Cherry
Coke Orange
Coke Rasberry

and

the best bit

Dr Pepper

I went into Argo with a big jug of Dr Pepper.

I'm not sure how it was before Tim Schafer and Double Fine got in on the act, but KickStarter seems to be a carnival of stupidity these days. Its a shame as there is a lot of genuine good that can come out of it, but for me its being partially ruined by a bunch of scheisters who are basically preying on people's lack of intelligence.

Even if 999 out of a thousand cases are genuinely well-natured, that 1 that isn't puts me right off the service as a whole.

Wonder if I could get a bunch of idots to pay for my PC

Arnie you cunt, I want infinite Dr Pepper

This is God's way of getting me back over the whole Allen thing, isn't it? :(

Anyone got that cd cover thing I made for Wilburys recordings of us or can just find the post? I need it for something very important!

Edit : nevermind, of course I found it myself just after writing this post, after looking for it for forever.

4jh2iPr.png

:( they beat us 1-0 (U14).

The epitomy of English youth football.
Achieve short term success though advancing the bigger, stronger, less able players as they often win at that age, over the smaller more skillful players who end up dominating world football as adults in other countries.

Arnie

Achieve short term success though advancing the bigger, stronger, less able players as they often win at that age, over the smaller more skillful players who end up dominating world football as adults in other countries.

I love this notion.

Barcelona are world beaters now, but the Barca way of growing small folk and having them dominate world football isn't an established truism of football. The second best player in the world wasn't some spindly little 12 year old, neither was Zidane, Figo, Henry, Gerrard, or Didier Drogba.

You don't know that those three *normal looking young footballers won't become top professionals, and that the one weedling won't crack and crumble at the next hurdle and fail to advance towards a professional contract.

*closer to average than that little Barcelona whiplet

Salazar

Those Nick Powell highlights make it seem like he's definitely in good enough nick for a bench spot and some running around.

I love this notion.

Barcelona are world beaters now, but the Barca way of growing small folk and having them dominate world football isn't an established truism of football. The second best player in the world wasn't some spindly little 12 year old, neither was Zidane, Figo, Henry, Gerrard, or Didier Drogba.

You don't know that those three *normal looking young footballers won't become top professionals, and that the one weedling won't crack and crumble at the next hurdle and fail to advance towards a professional contract.

*closer to average than that little Barcelona whiplet

Of course I don't know who will and won't succeed, but why are all 3 of them so much bigger? They can't all be hugely talented big kids. Where is the variety?
The answer is that technical ability& awareness is often second best to physicality & speed at that age.

I guess kids are getting much bigger these day but those City players would have been no where near average size a decade ago.

EDIT: I was purposefully exaggerating a little in my original post but the general state of English youth football is what it is.

dc89

Well I think it goes much deeper than that, and it's not something that City alone can change. We have technical players at higher levels but I can't honestly say I know the names of any, if we have them, at that level.

And the thing is, a huge percentage of them end up being let go of by the time it comes to signing professional contracts. They ever don't make it full stop, or they go to other clubs. I bet the same happens abroad too.

3Sixty

Chelsea are set to make a £7.5million move for Nathaniel Clyne this ­summer.

The Southampton right-back has ­impressed in his first season in the Premier League and the Blues are keen to bring him to Stamford Bridge.

-

Hands off our full backs you cunts.

Scum

This shit runs deep. It'll never change.

iMxyy1x6eQxHh.gif

Barca women know their tiki-taka.

Goddamn! Dat FemXavi pass. Nice. :eek:

Hixx

looool the Sunday Express reckons if we stay up and O'Neill resigns we'll go after Moyes.

coz that will happen.

Hixx

So he's driven over that bush on the right and over 2 cars?? Surprised he's managed it in a car like that. wtf.

"Keith Shales, 66, who lives in nearby Cotmer Road, said: "When I got there and saw the car through the hole in the hedge I thought that looks serious."

No shit!

Arnie

Nah. He's over our age limit. We have an age policy where if they're over 25 then we won't sign them.
Seems a dumb policy to have when a player of Lescott's calibre and experience is available for such a small fee, and willing to go.

Newcastle should be jumping at the chance to sign him.

Oh, shit, I forgot, they're getting Sakho.

Loooooooool

Kyoufu

Seems a dumb policy to have when a player of Lescott's calibre and experience is available for such a small fee, and willing to go.

Newcastle should be jumping at the chance to sign him.

Oh, shit, I forgot, they're getting Sakho.

Loooooooool

Once we win the Europa League we'll get Varane, bro.

arkon

Of course I don't know who will and won't succeed, but why are all 3 of them so much bigger? They can't all be hugely talented big kids. Where is the variety?
The answer is that technical ability& awareness is often second best to physicality & speed at that age.

I guess kids are getting much bigger these day but those City players would have been no where near average size a decade ago.

EDIT: I was purposefully exaggerating a little in my original post but the general state of English youth football is what it is.

The variety may well be in the rest of the team. We only see 3 City players.

Arnie

Off to see Brian Sewell (noted prat) and Hilary Mantel/Mental (noted cow) and grab a burger.

Glad you added the burger part, it's necessary colour.

I'm off for a stroll through town, across the London Bridge and down the South Bank. Will probably end up at the Tate Modern, just because. Glad I bought my hat yesterday as it's hurling down with snow, although I did just wax my hair splendidly, so it feels a shame.

Had a complementary full English for breakfast, and I've got a whole chicken on my Nandos card for tea. Taking away, like. Not being that one odd person who sits there munching Halloumi and endlessly refilling their glass.

Meier

Linius

Was having a quick look on new albums that will be released this year, considering what has already been released and what still has to come this is a crazy year in music for me.

Savages – Silence Yourself (06-05)

Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampire ofthe City (06-05)

Deerhunter – Monomania (07-05)

The National – Trouble Will Find Me(20-05)

Daft Punk – Random Access Memories(21-05)

Sigur Rós – Kveikur (17-06)

Queens of the Stone Age – LikeClockwork (june)

Arcade Fire - ?? (TBA)

Arctic Monkeys - ?? (TBA)

Who knows? It's silly to assume these things.

Let's not talk about anything in this thread until they have happened then eh?

No formations, no transfer muppetry, no score predictions, no opinions on anything because if it is not a fact, we shouldn't assume, speculate or otherwise predict anything.

Top Bottom