• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

L1NETT

The Boris for PM movement seems to be gaining momentum. I don't know why so many people actually want this to happen. He's far more insidious than Cameron.

Most of them are all much of a muchness. Saying that, I cheered when Gove said he wouldn't take the chance at being PM.

People like Boris, from my experience, because he is a little different. His appeal comes from his spacey nature. I think most people are tired of some plummy eton action man in an ill fitting suit wittering on about how tough it is for common folk when they have never had a real job in their lives.

/oddly political. Sorry about that.

Clegg

Most of them are all much of a muchness. Saying that, I cheered when Gove said he wouldn't take the chance at being PM.

People like Boris, from my experience, because he is a little different. His appeal comes from his spacey nature. I think most people are tired of some plummy eton action man in an ill fitting suit wittering on about how tough it is for common folk when they have never had a real job in their lives.

I completely understand the attraction to Johnson. But he's an Eton man himself. In fact, he's an extremely intelligent man but hides it with the facade of a bumbling fool.

He just doesn't sit right with me.

arkon

Is Boris really that different? aside from the bumbling image.

dc89

lol

Nope, seen it a million times before. Never gets boring, though. Aguero. United's pants down. Love it.

To weigh in: Selena Gomez is god-tier. She can shit on me, if she wants.

If Boris Johnson becomes PM I'm leaving the country, and I hate going abroad.

:lolol <33333333

L1NETT

I completely understand the attraction to Johnson. But he's an Eton man himself. In fact, he's an extremely intelligent man but hides it with the facade of a bumbling fool.

He just doesn't sit right with me.

Exactly, I don't trust him either. But to most people he appears to be a "refreshing change" from the Mililbands/Camerons of the world.

Arnie

I would elect anyone whose main policy is slapping Nigel Farage with a wet fish.

My main policy would be to tax cigarettes to death and back. I'd build the country a little nest egg on the action of improving health. My second major policy would be a cap on the number of privately educated people in any one political party. It'd have to be an even split.

Think it's a done and dusted thing already?
Yeah, unless there is some kind of economic miracle I can't see how the Tories get back in. They didn't manage to win an easier election last time around so not sure how they can manage the next one. Things will only get worse over the next year too in terms of people feeling the pinch.

If Labour don't do anything stupid they should be in for the next 2 terms IMO.

Salazar

It will never happen.

The moment he puts himself forwards he'll get eaten alive.

Aye, very likely.

The sepia-tinted Virgil-quoting British political culture people like to nostalgically associate him with would have fucked him up proper good, even in its fading days.

I mean, look at what happened to C.E.M. Joad.

Joad once boasted in print that &#8220;I cheat the railway company whenever I can.&#8221; In April 1948, Joad was convicted of travelling on a Waterloo-Exeter train without a valid ticket. Joad failed to give a satisfactory excuse. This made front-page headlines in the national newspapers, and the fine of £2 (£54 as of 2013) destroyed all hopes of a peerage and resulted in his dismissal from the BBC. The humiliation of this had a severe effect on his health, and he soon became bed-confined at his home in Hampstead. Joad renounced his agnostic ways and turned to the Christianity, the Church of England, which is evident in his book The Recovery of Belief published in 1952 after the train ticket affair.

Career gone, prospects annihilated, turned C of E.

Public life is an incomparably easier path to tread these days, even with the fucking tabloids. The fact that Boris is even loitering as a leadership possibility (however risible) is historically odd.

dc89

I'm still wondering why the internet is hyped for Sping Breakers. Other than some meaningless actesses in bikini it seems rather dull to me.

Hot women (well 3 of them) in bikini's. that's why.

At the moment, people just want what they don't have. The Tories will leave power the same way they got there, through ambivalence and a misinformed 'grass is always greener' national mindset

Night, chaps.

Yeah, unless there is some kind of economic miracle I can't see how the Tories get back in. They didn't manage to win an easier election last time around so not sure how they can manage the next one. Things will only get worse over the next year too in terms of people feeling the pinch.

If Labour don't do anything stupid they should be in for the next 2 terms IMO.

Well... I guess we'll have to wait and see. But it probably won't end well.

Arnie

I can't fathom how any wouldn't be interested in Spring Breakers.

The trailer is fucking mint. And it's James Franco and Selena Gomez.

The Real Madrid manager gave an interview at the League Managers&#8217; Association Hall of Fame Dinner.
He said: "The time I spent in England was the best time of my career so far and that's despite winning the Champions League in Portugal and Italy.

and he's back in London, now with bitch tits.

TXVUQV9.jpg

Going to get that deal done with Roman tomorrow I'm sure.

FootballFan

The Real Madrid manager gave an interview at the League Managers’ Association Hall of Fame Dinner.
He said: "The time I spent in England was the best time of my career so far and that's despite winning the Champions League in Portugal and Italy.

TXVUQV9.jpg

Running away. Typical Mou.

Scum

The Real Madrid manager gave an interview at the League Managers’ Association Hall of Fame Dinner.

TXVUQV9.jpg

Back to London as AVB's assistant.

Top Bottom