• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

FootballFan

lol what insecurity complex? Madrid's the best team in spanish and european history. That's a fact. I'm not making this shit up. Not my fault people lose their shit over being eternal second runners to us. Hell, you can't even say something bad about Barca's away kit because FootballFan will start sniffing like a 5 year old girl and going "bu bu but Madrid's green kit is just as awful". Now THAT'S an insecurity complex.

Now someone point out what's a lie about that statement ^^

No one was talking about me. Don't bring me into everything, inferiority complex much?

Kyoufu

Exactly.

And, also, all clubs battle it out with the same style of play. It's all technique, all the time, tiki taka tiki taka. I'm not one of those cunts who calls Spain boring, nor am I a lover of the long ball, but variety adds entertainment. United are top of the Premier League and they play completely differently to Arsenal, who're the closest we've got to a Spanish team.

I don't think any of them play tiki taka aside from Barcelona.

Linius

Before I go to bed, let's all agree on Dutch Eredivisie being the best league.

Bye!

hbAYqZe.png

Arnie

La Liga is a genuinely boring league now. The resurgence of Atletico has made things a bit more interesting but they'll drop off next season as you know they're selling Falcao this summer.

They're getting Torres back, too. If anything epitomes a steep decline, it's that androgynous muppet.

I don't think any of them play tiki taka aside from Barcelona.

I'm just using tiki taka as a synonym for keep the ball on the deck, pass out from the back.

FootballFan

All clubs in EPL battle it out with the same style of play. It's all speed and strength, all the time, Hoof Hoof ball. Away!!! I'm not one of those cunts who calls England boring, nor am I a lover of the tiki taka, but variety adds entertainment. Barcelona are top of the La Liga and they play completely differently to Atletico Madrid, who're the closest we've got to an English team.

pulga

Banned
Probably around the same time that they won 5 European Cups when the tournament had 3 teams participating lol.

It's funny how you couldn't respond and resorted to "all you say is jealous" lol.

And I don't give a shit if NZ make it or not. Tahiti would be much more hilarious.

AfvRe8Z.gif

Keep it up, thread is livening up. This is the longest time on one OT already I am guessing.. and we still aren't half way through it.

What's there to respond to your nonsense? Pep switched to a 3-4-3 to make things more interesting? What the fuck kind of egotistical statement is that? And Im the one who needs a lesson in humility?

Barca fans puff out their chests whenever they win, preaching about "the one true way" to play football. But what happens when things dont go their way? They fucking hide under rocks and their cunt players start making bullshit excuses up. "But but but the grass is too long", "the ref, the weather, the bus" bla bla bla bla.

And I find it sad you don't even have a bit of national pride.

Kyoufu

They're getting Torres back, too. If anything epitomes a steep decline, it's that androgynous muppet.

I'm just using tiki taka as a synonym for keep the ball on the deck, pass out from the back.

Don't most teams play from the back these days? I know even Newcastle does that.

arkon

All clubs in EPL battle it out with the same style of play. It's all speed and strength, all the time, Hoof Hoof ball. Away!!! I'm not one of those cunts who calls England boring, nor am I a lover of the tiki taka, but variety adds entertainment. Barcelona are top of the La Liga and they play completely differently to Atletico Madrid, who're the closest we've got to an English team.

Brendan Rodgers would like to have a word with you.

pulga

Banned
No one was talking about me. Don't bring me into everything, inferiority complex much?

vvvv

Hahaha

LunchBox, DoICare, JuanPablo, Pulga protesting about Messi being a cunt etc all need to make an appearance for it to earn GOTY

Hahahahha

be real bro, don't even make me scour your post history how many times you've brought me or Madrid out of the blue :lol :lol :lol Don't have the time to for a mammoth task like that.

Are you drunk? Do you even watch the EPL?

Arsenal plays very differently to Stoke, Liverpool play very differently to United, Swansea play very differently to City, etc etc etc

Edit: Reading back, I see Arnie made a similar disingenuous statement, so I'm unsure if you're actually being serious or just fucking about.

Arnie

Don't most teams play from the back these days? I know even Newcastle does that.

No way.

The skill sets required to be a defender in Spain and in England are completely different. One is encouraged to take the ball under pressure and play out of trouble, the other is encouraged to punt and relieve pressure that way. All teams will play out of the back some times, it's consistency and a relentless pursuit of this that I'm referring to.

Newcastle are not a team that can be described as passing it out from the back.

FootballFan

Are you drunk? Do you even watch the EPL?

Arsenal plays very differently to Stoke, Liverpool play very differently to United, Swansea play very differently to City, etc etc etc

It was a joke, modified Arnie's post. Every EPL team doesn't play the same, just like every La Liga team doesn't.

bud23

lol jealous of winning the league for the 32nd time? What?

Your inferiority complex is hilarious.

Pep's a bitch that ran far away to a league Mourinho wouldn't even pay a second glance to.

P.S. Remind me the last time you guys beat us? It's been a while, hasn't it?

The two concepts (Barca fan (Messi excluded) and inferiority complex) are mutually inclusive. End of story.

And Pulga, stop arguing about nonsense, your rational thoughts can´t win this battle. It´s a waste of time.

arkon

Bunch of fools the last time Madrid beat Barcelona with a 5-0 was January 7, 1995. With 3 goals of Zamorano, one of Luis Enrique and one of Amavisca

lol

To be fair, I took a guess. Was going to say the late 50s but changed my mind at the last minute.

Ingeniero

I am back from my vacations.
What a glorious experience the Peru vs Chile match was, so intense, so fought, so exciting.
I am so happy we won, Foca Farfan late goal shout was so awesome, the whole stadium was so happy. I hope I can go to another match in the future.

Let me share some pics with futbolGAF.

208700_10151430600327740_104195281_n.jpg

581465_10151430600872740_864951202_n.jpg

35011_10151430601317740_1755930966_n.jpg

526899_10151430602742740_1535229879_n.jpg

This is me before the match:
402602_10151430580537740_2022690008_n.jpg

ARRIBA PERU!

FootballFan

I am back from my vacations.
What a glorious experience the Peru vs Chile match was, so intense, so fought, so exciting.
I am so happy we won, Foca Farfan late goal shout was so awesome, the whole stadium was so happy. I hope I can go to another match in the future.

Let me share some pics with futbolGAF.

ARRIBA PERU!

Awesome man, congrats. :D

I heard Sanchez played really well.

Timurid

Damn. I'm jelly.

She was fine as hell when i met her in person, but seeing Mila Kunis in person was the highlight of the trip!!!!!!

Somerhalder was a pretty cool dude and he was charmer. The other guy was nice, but was annoyed because Ian was getting all the attention from the fangirls. lol

Edit The guy who plays as Theon in Game of Thrones is a fucking dick irl.

Zabojnik

Man I had the weirdest dream. I made scrambled eggs with whip cream (!?) then watched a Man City vs Chelsea game (League Cup) at the Emptyhad where City had somehow implemented a technology that replaced players' shadows with full color projections of them. Then all of the sudden I realized City's front 3 was Iniesta, Messi and Valdes (who scored a goal off a handball and was joking with the ref about it). Apparently they had had a shared training camp over the past week and Capital One decided it'd be in their best interest to allow City to field Barça players. I then checked the FPL website to find I had 113 points for the week, mostly because I had 3 Wigan players, who had beat Southampton 5-0, including Robson-Kanu who got me 9 pts from midfield before being rushed to the hospital for low blood sugar. Btw, Robson-Kanu actually plays for Reading, not Wigan. Viva, you got about 93 points. Suck it.

Yeah, that's what an international break will do to you.

Top Bottom