• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

FootballFan

Remind me who won the last Liga between Pep and Mou lol

Don't be jealous dude, it's not healthy.

Remind me who won the last match between Granada and Madrid?

Which is why Pep scurried off a soon as Madrid won the league.

He didn't have the balls to go against Mourinho again.

Nope, he got bored. Same way Mou is bored now without Pep and will leave once Tito wins the league this season.

Clegg

Mou did his job by winning the league off Barca. Then the players turned against him for whatever.

Pep, for all the love his players showed him, still ran away.

Arnie

Pep couldn't handle the banter and a season finally going bad for him, so he had to escape to the US for a whole year lol

Pep's cool but he really can't handle the banter.

That's why these Suarez to Bayern rumours are hilarious. One racist joke and Pep'll be crying in his car.

FootballFan

Mou did his job by winning the league off Barca. Then the players turned against him for whatever.

Pep, for all the love his players showed him, still ran away.

Pep couldn't handle the banter and a season finally going bad for him, so he had to escape to the US for a whole year lol

:lol say what you like but he won enough in 4 years that he was allowed to leave no matter what.

Gave Mou his biggest defeat in his career, pretty big feat against the bestest coach of all the timez imo.

:lol say what you like but he won enough in 4 years that he was allowed to leave no matter what.

Gave Mou his biggest defeat in his career, pretty big feat against the bestest coach of all the timez imo.
It's not really about being allowed though.

Guardiola had obv. had enough...which is a bit of a question mark over him considering the strains in his line of work.

Mourinho is the complete opposite, commitment issues.

Linius

It's funny how I learned to make gifs from the tutorial thread here on Gaf and now I'm helping others. The internet is a wonderful place :p

pulga

Banned
Don't be jealous dude, it's not healthy.

Remind me who won the last match between Granada and Madrid?

Nope, he got bored. Same way Mou is bored now without Pep and will leave once Tito wins the league this season.

lol jealous of winning the league for the 32nd time? What?

Your inferiority complex is hilarious.

Pep's a bitch that ran far away to a league Mourinho wouldn't even pay a second glance to.

P.S. Remind me the last time you guys beat us? It's been a while, hasn't it?

Linius

Exactly, it will just annoy my eyes!

Although I did chuckle when I found one of my Ståle Solbakken gifs with a 4gif watermark and a description something along the lines of "angry bald man".

Looool, that's just wonderful stuff :lol

I must admit I always keep an eye out to see if my gifs pop up somewhere, though it's worth nothing it's good to see people use my gifs :p

FootballFan

Pep's a bitch that ran far away to a league Mourinho wouldn't even pay a second glance to.

The jealousy in your posts seriously makes me cringe.

It's not good for you. Yeah, Pep ran because he didn't want to beat his ass 5-0 again, started using 3-4-3 to make it more interesting. Then left to make Mou feel good again.

Friends forever.

P.S remind me how many points you are behind? It's quite a lot, isn't it?

Linius

nq3OibH.png

Sometimes the comment section in Reddit is a true goldmine :lol

bud

remind me the last time madrid beat barcelona in a legendary 5-0 match!

Arnie

Are you ever going to actually sign him?
Depends on his numpty of a father.

I'd quite like to, but his dad was saying he wants him to go somewhere that he'll play, and right now he's up against some solid competition. I'd love to know who was better, him or Sterling. I think Sterling will become a much better player, to be honest.

pulga

Banned
The jealousy in your posts seriously makes me cringe.

It's not good for you. Yeah, Pep ran because he didn't want to beat his ass 5-0 again, started using 3-4-3 to make it more interesting. Then left to make Mou feel good again.

Friends forever.

lol its funny how your arguments always water down to me being "jealous"

Can't argue against the facts, huh?

By the way, I see NZ already qualified for the WC playoff. Excited you're gonna get knocked out by CONCALAFFs fourth place team?

FootballFan

remind me the last time madrid beat barcelona in a legendary 5-0 match!

Probably around the same time that they won 5 European Cups when the tournament had 3 teams participating lol.

lol its funny how your arguments always water down to me being "jealous"

Can't argue against the facts, huh?

By the way, I see NZ already qualified for the WC playoff. Excited you're gonna get knocked out by CONCALAFFs fourth place team?

It's funny how you couldn't respond and resorted to "all you say is jealous" lol.

And I don't give a shit if NZ make it or not. Tahiti would be much more hilarious.

AfvRe8Z.gif

Keep it up, thread is livening up. This is the longest time on one OT already I am guessing.. and we still aren't half way through it.

Clegg

Depends on his numpty of a father.

I'd quite like to, but his dad was saying he wants him to go somewhere that he'll play, and right now he's up against some solid competition. I'd love to know who was better, him or Sterling. I think Sterling will become a much better player, to be honest.

He looks pretty good at Championship level. You could easily work with Sterling and Ince in the same team. Rotate game time between them or even play them on either wing.

I can't imagine we'll see Sterling play a full season next year either. Ince would be a good option to have.

Did he leave Liverpool the first time around because he wanted more money?

As a poster, you're pretty vulgar. And your insecurity complex when it comes to Real Madrid is fascinating. It's probably been difficult to see your main rivals dominate domestic and European football over the last 6 years or so, but Madrids turn will come again. In the mean time you'd do well to show some humility until your club has actually won some meaningful silverware this season.

Arnie

He looks pretty good at Championship level. You could easily work with Sterling and Ince in the same team. Rotate game time between them or even play them on either wing.

I can't imagine we'll see Sterling play a full season next year either. Ince would be a good option to have.

Did he leave Liverpool the first time around because he wanted more money?

Him and Sterling on either wing would be great, but Downing's had something of a renascence recently and it'd be harsh to drop him.

Rumours were he left for money, but Comolli told Talksport a couple of months back that he had a frank discussion with Tom where Tom basically said he wanted to go and play, and Hodgson wasn't going to play him, nor was he playing the sort of football Tom was after.

Rodgers fits Tom's game perfectly, to be honest.

As a poster, you're pretty vulgar. And your insecurity complex when it comes to Real Madrid is fascinating. It's probably been difficult to see your main rivals dominate domestic and European football over the last 6 years or so, but Madrids turn will come again. In the mean time you'd do well to show some humility until your club has actually won some meaningful silverware this season.
Cue boring eight page Barca v Madrid uber nonsense.

Unite against me, lads. La Liga is a pile of fucking shite.

FootballFan

I'm sure they celebrated that unbeaten record.

...lol seriously they did.

McDonalds here had burgers called The Undefeated Mac or something like that.

Undefeated DVD
z1WvJoj.jpg

It was made as a big deal since rugby is the main sport, All Whites had players coming out of retirement, players who play football part time and have full time jobs etc.

One of the players on the bench works at a bank lol.

The most capped player plays for the local semi-pro team here.

arkon

...lol seriously they did.

McDonalds here had burgers called The Undefeated Mac or something like that.

Undefeated DVD
z1WvJoj.jpg

It was made as a big deal since rugby is the main sport, All Whites had players coming out of retirement, players who play football part time and have full time jobs etc.

One of the players on the bench works at a bank lol.

Sort of what I was expecting. You've got to celebrate the little things in that situation. Those kinds of things may never happen again.

Lightning

Banned
Unite against me, lads. La Liga is a pile of fucking shite.
Why unite against you for that? It's the truth. La Liga sucks. The Madrid/Barca shit every year is boring and tiring.

The league would be much better if Atletico, Valenica and Malaga didnt have to sell their best players every season.

GorillaJu

Man I had the weirdest dream. I made scrambled eggs with whip cream (!?) then watched a Man City vs Chelsea game (League Cup) at the Emptyhad where City had somehow implemented a technology that replaced players' shadows with full color projections of them. Then all of the sudden I realized City's front 3 was Iniesta, Messi and Valdes (who scored a goal off a handball and was joking with the ref about it). Apparently they had had a shared training camp over the past week and Capital One decided it'd be in their best interest to allow City to field Barça players. I then checked the FPL website to find I had 113 points for the week, mostly because I had 3 Wigan players, who had beat Southampton 5-0, including Robson-Kanu who got me 9 pts from midfield before being rushed to the hospital for low blood sugar. Btw, Robson-Kanu actually plays for Reading, not Wigan. Viva, you got about 93 points. Suck it.

arkon

Man I had the weirdest dream. I made scrambled eggs with whip cream (!?) then watched a Man City vs Chelsea game (League Cup) at the Emptyhad where City had somehow implemented a technology that replaced players' shadows with full color projections of them. Then all of the sudden I realized City's front 3 was Iniesta, Messi and Valdes (who scored a goal off a handball and was joking with the ref about it). Apparently they had had a shared training camp over the past week and Capital One decided it'd be in their best interest to allow City to field Barça players. I then checked the FPL website to find I had 113 points for the week, mostly because I had 3 Wigan players, who had beat Southampton 5-0, including Robson-Kanu who got me 9 pts from midfield before being rushed to the hospital for low blood sugar. Btw, Robson-Kanu actually plays for Reading, not Wigan. Viva, you got about 93 points. Suck it.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

edit:

What's Huntelaar doing in this gif?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
How come I didn't know how much of an amazing deal PS+ is until now? Just got a year and 3 months off GAME for 30 quid. Downloading DOA5 (PS3), Mass Effect 3 (PS3), MGS2+3HD(Vita), Gravity Daze (Vita), Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) and next week will get Okami HD (PS3) and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita).

Arnie

Why unite against you for that? It's the truth. La Liga sucks. The Madrid/Barca shit every year is boring and tiring.

The league would be much better if Atletico, Valenica and Malaga didnt have to sell their best players every season.

Exactly.

And, also, all clubs battle it out with the same style of play. It's all technique, all the time, tiki taka tiki taka. I'm not one of those cunts who calls Spain boring, nor am I a lover of the long ball, but variety adds entertainment. United are top of the Premier League and they play completely differently to Arsenal, who're the closest we've got to a Spanish team.

pulga

Banned

lol what insecurity complex? Madrid's the best team in spanish and european history. That's a fact. I'm not making this shit up. Not my fault people lose their shit over being eternal second runners to us. Hell, you can't even say something bad about Barca's away kit because FootballFan will start sniffing like a 5 year old girl and going "bu bu but Madrid's green kit is just as awful". Now THAT'S an insecurity complex.

Now someone point out what's a lie about that statement ^^

Clegg

I agree with Arnie for the most part.

La Liga is a genuinely boring league now. The resurgence of Atletico has made things a bit more interesting but they'll drop off next season as you know they're selling Falcao this summer. And tika taka does nothing for me. I enjoy watching Real when they get the chance to counter. That's my kind of football.

The last time La Liga was genuinely competitive was the late 90's/early 00's. That's when Deportivo and Valencia won the league.

Top Bottom