• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Meier

Brazil have fantastic attackers on an individual basis who don't seem to play well together as a group. Whether that's down to their coach or not, I dunno. Their defenders aren't really up to snuff though which is what will do them in at the next World Cup. They should try and get Marquinhos some time before 2014. If the top teams in the world want him right now, then I'd imagine he's good enough to get some minutes at the international level. It doesn't look like he played at the Olympics although he was on the team.

bjaelke

David%20Squires%202.jpg

WJD

Looks like I'm popping into town to pick up Bioshock tomorrow. Hopefully the 360 version doesn't suck too much.

Hixx

Looks like I'm popping into town to pick up Bioshock tomorrow. Hopefully the 360 version doesn't suck too much.

It's fine. Minor, infrequent tearing, some pretty bad UE texture pop in and rare frame rate dips but nothing that was too annoying.

dc89

Battlefield 4 reveal trailer tomorrow. Damn, this could be good.
Next job for DICE. Mirrors Edge 2 for PC, PS4, Durango and WiiU.

Tomorrow: Play more of this monstrosity. For the lulz.

re6boxmotion2neogaf.gif

Or is Russia just so good they make any team look poor?

Only half kidding, Russia lit up the Euros and were unlucky to go out when they did imho.

Kinda true actually. Advocaat's Russia was very much attacking minded while this Capello teams is very defensive. I like the defensive organization but I just wish that Capello would play some more creative players up front. It's criminal that Dzagoev gets no playing time for Capello.

Still I can't complain about the results. Won every qualifier so far with no goals conceded. I watch my club team for entertaining football, results is all I want from the national team.

rodvik

Kinda true actually. Advocaat's Russia was very much attacking minded while this Capello teams is very defensive. I like the defensive organization but I just wish that Capello would play some more creative players up front. It's criminal that Dzagoev gets no playing time for Capello.

Thats Capello. To be fair to him though, his teams are very hard to beat.

Garjon

Battlefield 4 reveal trailer tomorrow. Damn, this could be good.
Next job for DICE. Mirrors Edge 2 for PC, PS4, Durango and WiiU.

Tomorrow: Play more of this monstrosity. For the lulz.

re6boxmotion2neogaf.gif

It's a pity, the PC version doesn't actually look that bad. Well, not that bad in relative terms of course.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

creative players

Fabio -CLANK CLANK- Capello benched Del Piero for being too creative.

Thats Capello. To be fair to him though, his teams are very hard to beat.

Agreed. If we had Capello then we would have definitely not lost that last Euro game against Greece. A draw was all we needed to advance, we should have played more cautiously. Fuck Advocaat!

Fabio -CLANK CLANK- Capello benched Del Piero for being too creative.
Dzagoev can't even get cameo appearances in friendlies now after he was by far our best player at Euros :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dzagoev can't even get cameo appearances in friendlies now after he was by far our best player at Euros :(

You know, with a name like that, I can see why he's not using him. You can't expect Capello to pronounce a name like that to the press!

no fun allowed said:
He actually helped him extend his career by doing that, don't you think?

No. He almost left Juve.

They have separate bathrooms for the whites and the coloured plus the Irish

It's very much a different game build on top of the same mechanics we saw in the previous Bioshocks. You need to get to point B but you need to find the right powers for it first to gain access. But gosh, it is a gorgeous game. The game gives you ample time to loot and sight see between enemy encounters. You can play on a much slower pace than before. Just look around, watch the Columbians be and chill a bit with Elizabeth. So good

It still feels and plays like a Bioshock game, but the atmosphere is very different. Say goodbye to the narrow, dark submerged hallways and welcome the beautiful sunlight and colours.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
More like the first.

I think I played 2 hours of the second before giving up.

They have separate bathrooms for the whites and the coloured plus the Irish

It's very much a different game build on top of the same mechanics we saw in the previous Bioshocks. You need to get to point B but you need to find the right powers for it first to gain access. But gosh, it is a gorgeous game. The game gives you ample time to loot and sight see between enemy encounters. You can play on a much slower pace than before. Just look around, watch the Columbians be and chill a bit with Elizabeth. So good

Awesome.
3AQmK.gif

Arnie

How did it feel to be able to witness the Kerzhamiss live? Must have been nearly overwhelming.

It was chilling.

But seriously, I can't believe just how bad Neymar is. He's pathetic. Awful. Thinks he's more capable than he actually is. Brazil are similar to Chelsea in that they've got all this swanky build up play and fluid passing going on in the final third, and then there's nothing. They're completely impotent, and it's frustrating to watch.

Russia, on the other hand, were lethal on the break and clinical when they needed to be. Zhirkov was the difference, though. The composure to pull the ball back was different class.

By the way, Chelsea fans, the advertising campaign for next season's kit doesn't have Torres or Lampard in it.

It was chilling.

But seriously, I can't believe just how bad Neymar is. He's pathetic. Awful. Thinks he's more capable than he actually is. Brazil are similar to Chelsea in that they've got all this swanky build up play and fluid passing going on in the final third, and then there's nothing. They're completely impotent, and it's frustrating to watch.

Russia, on the other hand, were lethal on the break and clinical when they needed to be. Zhirkov was the difference, though. The composure to pull the ball back was different class.

By the way, Chelsea fans, the advertising campaign for next season's kit doesn't have Torres or Lampard in it.

Yeah, Neymar looked silly. His shit just doesn't seem like it's likely to work on competent defenders. Berezutski/Ignashevich were shutting that shit down quite easily. Brazil couldn't get anything through the middle. All their attacks were basically coming from crosses off the wing.

If we'll be as solid defensively as we were here then I like our chances of getting a result in Portugal. Could even win if Kerzhakov doesn't play.

Messi

“My relationship with Messi is so bad that he’s literally given me half my goals,” said Villa with a healthy dose of sarcasm in an interview recently published by El País. “Messi is incredible. People talk about his goals, and I understand that, but the football he generates for his teammates is incredible. He has an extra gear that other players don’t have.”

LOL

Arnie

Yeah, Neymar looked silly. His shit just doesn't seem like it's likely to work on competent defenders. Berezutski/Ignashevich were shutting that shit down quite easily. Brazil couldn't get anything through the middle. All their attacks were basically coming from crosses off the wing.

If we'll be as solid defensively as we were here then I like our chances of getting a result in Portugal. Could even win if Kerzhakov doesn't play.

I don't really know any of their names but Russia were very, very solid. As you say Neymar couldn't get anywhere, and although part of that was due to his inflated ego, the other part was just good defensive work. Very compact shape, quite narrow, hence the joy for the fullbacks.

I don't really know any of their names but Russia were very, very solid. As you say Neymar couldn't get anywhere, and although part of that was due to his inflated ego, the other part was just good defensive work. Very compact shape, quite narrow, hence the joy for the fullbacks.

Berezutski and Ignashevich are our derpy looking CBs from CSKA. They're both slow, but very solid otherwise. I feel like, and obviously Capello does too, that if we play this solid compact game that we can grind out results against decent sides. Hopefully we can make a splash at the World Cup.

Arnie

Berezutski and Ignashevich are our derpy looking CBs from CSKA. They're both slow, but very solid otherwise. I feel like, and obviously Capello does too, that if we play this solid compact game that we can grind out results against decent sides. Hopefully we can make a splash at the World Cup.

This might sound dodgy but, would the weather effect your team?

Top Bottom