• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

This might sound dodgy but, would the weather effect your team?

At the World Cup? Maybe, but during the winter break all the Russian teams train in equally warm places: Spain, Dubai, etc. so I hope it wouldn't be a problem. It can get quite hot in Russia too during the summer, especially in the south, where teams like Anzhi and Terek play. I think we're no worse prepared for the weather than say, England. Still, I can't rule out these cunts wilting in the Brazilian heat.

Arnie

At the World Cup? Maybe, but during the winter break all the Russian teams train in equally warm places: Spain, Dubai, etc. so I hope it wouldn't be a problem. It can get quite hot in Russia too during the summer, especially in the south, where teams like Anzhi and Terek play. I think we're no worse prepared for the weather than say, England. Still, I can't rule out these cunts wilting in the Brazilian heat.
England have struggled in the past and I would expect it again, to be honest.

We're neither hot nor cold, both extremes fuck us over.

England have struggled in the past and I would expect it again, to be honest.

We're neither hot nor cold, both extremes fuck us over.
It will be interesting because there should be some variable weather conditions in Brazil depending on where you'll play. It might be a bit colder in the more southern cities since it is "winter" there during the World Cup and places like Sao Paulo are at altitude which bring even more variability into it.

I do think that in general though, European sides will likely struggle with the conditions.

It will be interesting because there should be some variable weather conditions in Brazil depending on where you'll play. It might be a bit colder in the more southern cities since it is "winter" there during the World Cup and places like Sao Paulo are at altitude which bring even more variability into it.

I do think that in general though, European sides will likely struggle with the conditions.

Beware of Honduras, if they manage to qualify to the WC, they are becoming experts at playing on 40 degrees Celsius

So Capello redeemed, Sviatoslav-kun?

Capello will be redeemed if we qualify for the World Cup and make it out the group, aka the best Mexico can hope for. Friendlies can't redeem anything, we took a shit on Italy 3-0 last year right before Euros in a friendly and then shit the bed at the tournament.

I do have some reservations about some of the things that Capello does, but as long as we keep getting results I will remain satisfied. I don't need the national team to play exciting, attacking football, I just need them to win. I still want Dzagoev to play though. He's our future :(

Beware of Honduras, if they manage to qualify to the WC, they are becoming experts at playing on 40 degrees Celsius
It would certainly be Costly to underestimate them. Har har har

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The World Cup is gonna be played in Winter.
Capello will be redeemed if we qualify for the World Cup and make it out the group, aka the best Mexico can hope for.
YEAX1Nn.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Capello will be redeemed if we qualify for the World Cup and make it out the group, aka the best Mexico can hope for. Friendlies can't redeem anything, we took a shit on Italy 3-0 last year right before Euros in a friendly and then shit the bed at the tournament.

Italy in friendlies is basically Russia in the Euros.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm only slightly less bitter, since Russia was at the 2002 World Cup(and it was a disaster) and Colombia hasn't qualified since 98 :p Plus we know how to beat Cameroon.

I like Mexico though.

My general cheering progression is Russia>>Ukraine>>other Slavic nations( except Slovenia, fuck your people Zaboijnik!)>>Mexico
Right now I'm more worried about Mexico actually making the World Cup than making it out of the Group Stage.

Right now I'm more worried about Mexico actually making the World Cup than making it out of the Group Stage.

Oh I definitely have the same sentiment with Russia. In a way I'm glad that our match with Northern Ireland was cancelled, saved me a lot of nerves.

For Mexico though, I imagine that game tomorrow against the States is huge. Almost a must win at this point. Should be great entertainment (for the neutrals!).

Messi

"SKY: Conte to rest several players against Inter in preparation for Bayern. Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio among them "

Fuck Inter, let's use our U21 team.

How can an opinion be wrong? ;)

Answer: If it was Fry's

Juve vs Bayern will be a match of epic scale. I hope Juve vanquish Bayern.

Italy in friendlies is basically Russia in the Euros.

To be fair though, Russia has historically always done well against Italy, friendly or otherwise. Brazil and Russia are the only teams Italy has a losing record against :p

Today was the match up of Italy-slayers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To be fair though, Russia has historically always done well against Italy, friendly or otherwise. Brazil and Russia are the only teams Italy has a losing record against :p

Today was the match up of Italy-slayers.

Capello is Italy's secret agent. He'll drain your creativity away and turn you into England.

Sigh Brazil.. Italy's last proper win was in 82, wasn't it?

Capello is Italy's secret agent. He'll drain your creativity away and turn you into England.

Nah, I foresee him dancing like an idiot, Hiddink-Euro 2008-style after eliminating his own country. Then, after winning the World Cup, we fire him for not playing exciting enough football, Real Madrid-style.

I don't think so, but it puts a lot of pressure on the team. I don't see Chepo getting fired until after June if results don't come our way.

I definitely see Chepo getting fired if they lose tomorrow with Tena replacing him, especially because the team hasn't been playing well. Look at what happened with Sven, he was fired just after a few games.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I definitely see Chepo getting fired if they lose tomorrow with Tena replacing him, especially because the team hasn't been playing well. Look at what happened with Sven, he was fired just after a few games.
Sven had a worse tenure than Chepo. Chepo has tied two official games in his entire tenure, and one was at San Pedro Sula where we haven't won in decades. People may not like his style, but in reality he has earned some credit that will last him until at least the end of the first round.

I agree about Tena being Plan B though, but that starts to beg into consideration just how much of Tena's success was from working with De la Torre. His team started playing a more traditional style after the Copa América debacle. In fact the 4-2-3-1 we would use from the Panamerican games all the way up to the Gold Medal was decidedly Chepoesque.

Zabojnik

"SKY: Conte to rest several players against Inter in preparation for Bayern. Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio among them "

Fuck Inter, let's use our U21 team.

Once again, thank you FIGC for an amazing calendar this season. National team, Inter and Bayern in the same week. I don't give a fuck about Inter. Let's rest Vidal and Vucinic too.

Messi

Might start a 2K season with the Rockets as Harden is awesome or just go with the heat as they are fun to play as. <3 wade

Fuck soccer.

Lightning

Banned
Nah, we're 10 points clear at the top. It's one of those games we can afford to lose.
Lol. If it was anyone other than Bayern (maybe Barca I hate too) I would want Juve to lose for that attitude but since its Bayern go Juve regardless. Fuck Bayern!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol. If it was anyone other than Bayern (maybe Barca I hate too) I would want Juve to lose for that attitude but since its Bayern go Juve regardless. Fuck Bayern!

30-03-2013-Inter
02-04-2013-Bayern Munich

We're playing Bayern, away in Germany, in the CL!

Lightning

Banned
30-03-2013-Inter
02-04-2013-Bayern Munich

We're playing Bayern, away in Germany, in the CL!
But you also have a rivalry with Inter do you not? Or does throwing matches against them not mean anything, fans don't care if you lose a game to Inter as long as its not important?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But you also have a rivalry with Inter do you not? Or does throwing matches against them not mean anything, fans don't care if you lose a game to Inter as long as its not important?

We would rather win the league and beat Bayern. There's no trophy for beating your rivals.

Unless Wenger says otherwise?

Who was that lost to? :p

I would counter that by saying Cunte was suspended!

Lightning

Banned
We would rather win the league and beat Bayern. There's no trophy for beating your rivals.

Unless Wenger says otherwise?
Your squad should be able to handle the job without resting your entire team and Juve won't be winning the CL. That honour belongs to Dortmund

Zabojnik

Losing to Inter twice in the same season would suck, but we have a substantial lead and Inter are such a non-factor at the moment that losing wouldn't really hurt that much. I have faith in our 'B' team anyway. Unleash the Godba.

It's not so much about winning the CL. It's about going out without any regrets.

Top Bottom