• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Beckinsale wins.

ib0TvIhl6p1KLQ.gif

I admit I watch the underworld movies just to see her in skin tight spandex.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not quite sure I understand this. One of the best players in the game...

When he played in a shit league on a shit team.

I'll be cheering for Spain for the Barça players. Is Valdes going to start?

-Pretty sure Bein has the rights to la liga for a while dude.

FF you got rid of Messi for that avatar? Is that Eagle Eye Cherry?

Many, if not all you guys, have far more knowledge of the game then me so I was wondering if you could give me a bit of a scouting report on my MLS teams new signing.

0%252C%252C11677009-EX%252C00.jpg

José Kléberson Pereira
age 33
Height 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
Playing position Midfielder

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2003 Atlético Paranaense 100 (12)
2003–2005 Manchester United 20 (2)
2005–2007 Beşiktaş 45 (3)
2007–2012 Flamengo 132 (23)
2011 → Atlético Paranaense (loan) 18 (2)
2012– Bahia 23 (3)
2013– → Philadelphia Union (loan) 0 (0)
National team‡
2002–2010 Brazil 32 (2)

We just dumped Freddy Adu for him. I figure its one hell of an upgrade but since I'm still VERY noobish to the world of footy I dont know if this guy is quality, bad in the locker room, lazy etc..
Wondering how he'll fair in our lower quality league and if you think he could be a dominate force.

2-2 sounds good. I would love to see Spain have to go through the playoffs

I love how FIFA is waiting to see which teams will be in the playoffs before deciding whether they will use seeding or not. FIFA is so transparently corrupt that it's just hilarious. If Spain will be in the playoffs then there is no way FIFA won't use seeding because they won't risk Spain drawing someone like Portugal who might actually have a slight chance of eliminating them.

bjaelke

Bioshock Infinite is so fucking good. OMgomgomgomgomg

I wasn't planning on getting it anytime soon, but seeing all the glowing reviews and finally getting a new pc have made me reconsider. It's next to impossible to avoid spoilers right now unless you unplug.

dc89

Anybody have any predictions for tomorrow's France-Spain game? 1-1 for me, and thus, Spain will have to play in the playoff to get to the World Cup.

0-3 spain

4-0 to Spain.

France 2 - Spain 0

I just hope that it's more like the last game and nothing like the Euro's one which was one of the most boring matches that I have ever seen.

2-1 France

2-0 Spain.

Good to see Bioshock Infinite getting great reviews.

France 3 - 1 Spain

Wow, most of you think France is just going to bend over and take it, huh? They are playing at home you know. And Spain couldn't even beat Finland.

I think Spain will be more up for this match, and the result against Finland will just give them more incentive to perform at a higher level.

Therefore I predict Farnce 2 - 1 Spain.

Last time it was 1-1 right? France deserved it too.

Spain appear to have dried up on the goal front. I don't know how many they've scored in qualifying so far but I know it's not many.

France have every chance. I'm going 2-1 France.

Koko

Banned
Last time it was 1-1 right? France deserved it too.

Spain appear to have dried up on the goal front. I don't know how many they've scored in qualifying so far but I know it's not many.

France have every chance. I'm going 2-1 France.

Yeah it was last minute tied by France, they deserve even maybe to win if it wasn't for the goal that was robbed to Benzema, who casually has been shit since then.

Zabojnik

I'm sure both RVP and Bendtner are happy about leaving Arsenal though since both of them are going to end up with league titles.

I'd be ashamed to win it Bendtner-style though. On loan, having contributed NOTHING at all and after the whole drunken accident. I can't imagine getting up on that bus and partying with the lads like it's 1999.

114595801_football_345168c.jpg

Its international week. Disappointment everywhere.

How does this work again? What's in the envelopes?

dc89

Yeah it was last minute tied by France, they deserve even maybe to win if it wasn't for the goal that was robbed to Benzema, who casually has been shit since then.

Benz refuses to sing the national anthem right? What's with that?

And everybody in the team gets to know who they are?

I doubt anyone's name was in the envelopes

It seems to have worked with Downing and Henderson though, and nobody has played worse than they did last season (aside from Skrtel and Coates, who are unlikely to have been 2 of the candidates) so it seems to have worked

GorillaJu

And everybody in the team gets to know who they are?

No, no one ever gets to find out. The idea is that he's put it in the players head that there are some who he doesn't think are up to par, and will drag the team down. It's supposed to make the players want to work harder so that if they are a name in the envelope, they defied expectations and proved their ability, and if they weren't in it, they repaid the faith and lived up to what was expected of them. It's been said Ferguson does this/has done this in the past. It's not that crazy an idea to me.

Must-not-lose match tonight.

Haven't really looked forward to ab England match since the Euros

Getting very tired of the 'Wayne Rooney: England game-turner' rhetoric

Awww

Muntari's goal seems to be really distant now. Looking forward to tonight, we never had only Milan and Juve player in our national team. Also, it's Malta, maybe we'll see more than 1-2 goals, even if Italy rarely scores more than 3 goals.

Yeah they're great games. InFamous 2 especially. Interested to see how they improve on everything for the PS4 game.

My priorites are different from most on Gaf it seems, so I just about prefer the first to the second

I preferred the more streamlined combat, stronger characters and foreboding atmosphere.

Both games play like an absolute dream though, stand in the triumvirate of exceptional controls with Vanquish and CoD. CoD wins overall due to its general feel, and perfect button layout

Sony seem to be pulling out all the stops to get developers, AAA to Indie, on board for the foreseeable future. Can't help but shake the feeling that MS will get CoD or something exclusive, rendering it pointless in the larger console war

Wilbur

Banned
Many, if not all you guys, have far more knowledge of the game then me so I was wondering if you could give me a bit of a scouting report on my MLS teams new signing.

We just dumped Freddy Adu for him. I figure its one hell of an upgrade but since I'm still VERY noobish to the world of footy I dont know if this guy is quality, bad in the locker room, lazy etc..
Wondering how he'll fair in our lower quality league and if you think he could be a dominate force.

Well that's a blast from the fucking past.

Was one of our shittest ever purchases. Haven't seen him play for years but he just couldn't handle the PL. Not sure how the MLS is in terms of physicality so regarding his age he might be alright, but he's not necessarily the most intelligent of players either. Would surprise me if he had a huge impact.

bjaelke

My priorites are different from most on Gaf it seems, so I just about prefer the first to the second

I preferred the more streamlined combat, stronger characters and foreboding atmosphere.

Both games play like an absolute dream though, stand in the triumvirate of exceptional controls with Vanquish and CoD. CoD wins overall due to its general feel, and perfect button layout

Sony seem to be pulling out all the stops to get developers, AAA to Indie, on board for the foreseeable future. Can't help but shake the feeling that MS will get CoD or something exclusive, rendering it pointless in the larger console war

COD has been more or less pointless since the 2nd edition. I'm sure Microsoft will show something exciting once they decide to join the next generation - they can't really announce anything for a console that only exists on vgleaks.

COD has been more or less pointless since the 2nd edition. I'm sure Microsoft will show something exciting once they decide to join the next generation - they can't really announce anything for a console that only exists on vgleaks.

Pointless as it has become for me, it still sells tens of millions in the face of the biannual doom predictions. It would be the definition of a system-seller

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba with his older bros

jsikjHzsct6Kp.jpg

Dat terza stella.

I'd be ashamed to win it Bendtner-style though. On loan, having contributed NOTHING at all and after the whole drunken accident. I can't imagine getting up on that bus and partying with the lads like it's 1999.

It would be as sad as Legrottaglie saying he deserved his league medal with Milan because he 'contributed in training'.
KuGsj.gif

TheLucifer said:
Awww

Muntari's goal seems to be really distant now. Looking forward to tonight, we never had only Milan and Juve player in our national team. Also, it's Malta, maybe we'll see more than 1-2 goals, even if Italy rarely scores more than 3 goals

As long as we don't see Maggio ever again.

bjaelke

BaakDK @BaakDK
@DanishFooty I will be there to scout for @PSV. Lars Jacobsen, Cornelius and N. Jørgensen are on my shortlist!

Danish Football News @DanishFooty
Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Dortmund, Manchester City, Gladbach, HSV, Fiorentina, Marseille, Atl. Madrid etc. have scouts in the stadium.

Danish Football News @DanishFooty
31 European clubs will be attending the DEN v. BUL game tonight. Copenhagen striker Andreas Cornelius is one of them they've come to see.

First time a "scout" have declared his/her presence through Twitter?

Zabojnik

No, no one ever gets to find out. The idea is that he's put it in the players head that there are some who he doesn't think are up to par, and will drag the team down. It's supposed to make the players want to work harder so that if they are a name in the envelope, they defied expectations and proved their ability, and if they weren't in it, they repaid the faith and lived up to what was expected of them. It's been said Ferguson does this/has done this in the past. It's not that crazy an idea to me.

It isn't. Announcing the names publicly would be, however. I was just making sure. :)

Top Bottom