• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jplnKC68zV6tt.jpg

:lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale is going nowhere people:

Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale has agreed to act as a guest pundit for BT Sport's football coverage next season.

The Wales international, who has been heavily linked with a move away from the Premier League, will also feature in TV adverts promoting the new BT channels.

"A great deal has changed in my football career since my first partnership with BT, and I am happy to extend that relationship for the next three years," said Bale. "I am excited about the launch of BT Sport and I am happy to play my part in making it a big hit."

Head of BT Sport Simon Green added: "We are delighted that we've managed to do what dozens of top football managers would like to do - sign Gareth Bale."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cavani on Suarez
Suarez would love to play in the CL with LFC but, if he can’t, a player of his quality needs to play for a club where he can.

It meant a lot when LFC stood by him through some tough times & he has a lot of love for the club and their fans.

When I speak with Luis, he speaks with admiration about LFC & encourages me to play in England, but not for Chelsea!

Adnan is amazing.

I asked him why he was so amazing on twitter but be didnt reply.

Understandable - keep the formula a secret.

:lol

NotBigSam at it again:

notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam

Big Sam is genuinely delighted to hear that my dear old pal Phil Brown is back in work at Southend United.

notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam 7m

Only last week he sent me a video of himself choking a weasel with a Nintendo Power Glove, so this is a really timely boost for the lad.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ajax playmaker Christian Eriksen will agree a switch to Tottenham this summer - as long as Spurs qualify for the Champions League.

The Danish attacking midfielder has been on Tottenham's radar for the best part of 18 months and his performances for the Dutch giants have also attracted interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and Inter Milan.

Eriksen has refused Ajax's attempts to extend his contract - which expires in 2014 - and believes he needs to move this summer to progress his career.

Spurs have made their interest clear to Eriksen on a number of occasions and their desire to sign the player, together with the lure of playing in London, is believed to have made Eriksen's mind up and a deal of £12m is set to be agreed.

However, the talented youngster is understood to have told his agent he only wants to move to a club in the Champions League and were Tottenham to fail to finish in the top four, Eriksen would look elsewhere.

Spurs are currently four points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal and the Gunners have a game in hand.

Is this guy actually good?

bjaelke

He has a lot of potential in the right position but for some reason he's played out of position on the national team and you barely notice him. I think a change to the Spanish league would benefit him more than coming to the Premier League.

Linius

It's bullshit that he's desperate to leave. If the right club doesn't come by he will extend his contract.

And from the clubs that are interested I'd give Spurs the upper hand, unless suarez might convince him to come to Pool. Newcastle is out of the question.

And he's promising but he isn't show that every week. Ups and downs.

choodi

Banned
Lol oh my, Australia are pathetic. They were losing 2 -0 to Oman at home in a WCQ. But it is now 2 - 1.

And the shithouse performances by Australia continue.

My God, whoever decided that Mile Jedinak was good enough to be paid to play football should be taken out the back and shot, twice!

Holman again papers over a garbage performance by coming up with a decent goal late in the game.

I also want to know which fucking genius decided that Holger Fucking Osieck was a good idea as manager? The starting 11 was not even close to being our best possible lineup and by the time he made the neccesary changes, it was too late. Why would you play with two holding midfielders (one of which was fucking Jedinak) when we are playing at home against supposedly inferior opposition in a game that is nigh on "must win"?

Fuck me!!!!!

As I said a few pages back, I can't remember the last time that we actually CREATED a goal from good passing and good positive play. Pretty much the only way we score is from set pieces or from broken play.

Our best passer of the ball is Bresciano and he was kept on the bench for most of the match. The he got injured and we looked like shit again. 95% of our passes go sideways and the ones that go forward are of such poor quality that it is actually more dangerous to us than to the opposition.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

If we make it to Brazil, then you all should pray that your teams get us in the group stage as we will be an easy 3 points.

Fuck!

Bumhead

Banned
Sky have decided to televise our final away game of the season away at Peterborough, what is probably going to be a relegation decider, and move it to 5:15.

F OFF SKYYYYYYYYYY

That's why he gave an assist right? (for the gazillionth time)

Overrated.

Watch the game again. If you paid attention to Oar like I was, you would see he was messing up practically every time. Bad passing, bad decisions, etc... just awful.

Lee Chung Yong is beasting right now.

Nyx

Watch the game again. If you paid attention to Oar like I was, you would see he was messing up practically every time. Bad passing, bad decisions, etc... just awful.

I'm just kidding man, haven't even seen the game yet and only noticed his name under ''assists''. ;)

On the other hand, Tommy Oar needs to be praised at all times, everywhere.
(so we can sell him for way too much)

dc89

Well I caved and bought Bioshock Infinite. I'm like 15 mins in and it's already oozing atmosphere that no other game has in quite a long time.

choodi

Banned
He's so good, he gives assists in name only as well!

Well, his contribution was a two yard, sideways pass to Holman on the left touchline, who then ran infield about 20 yards, rounded a defender and hammered a shot from outside the box.

If he claims that as an assist, then he should only do it with a wry smile.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but his contribution was minimal due to the fact that he wasn't given a decent opportunity to play.

Nyx

Well, his contribution was a two yard, sideways pass to Holman on the left touchline, who then ran infield about 20 yards, rounded a defender and hammered a shot from outside the box.

If he claims that as an assist, then he should only do it with a wry smile.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but his contribution was minimal due to the fact that he wasn't given a decent opportunity to play.

Thanks for the review, saves me watching highlights later today!
I like him as well, his crosspass is such a good weapon. He only needs to learn to go inside as well instead of only going outside, it's too predictable for wingbacks.

Carbonox

Well I caved and bought Bioshock Infinite. I'm like 15 mins in and it's already oozing atmosphere that no other game has in quite a long time.

I'm currently going through Mass Effect 2 again but the temptation to buy Bioshock Infinite is so fucking strong, especially with the 4 day weekend coming up this week.

choodi

Banned
Thanks for the review, saves me watching highlights later today!
I like him as well, his crosspass is such a good weapon. He only needs to learn to go inside as well instead of only going outside, it's too predictable for wingbacks.

We really could have done with his pace and ability to get around his man. Our fullbacks were unable to beat their man once and when they did, their crosses were atrocious.

Tim Cahill was dominating their defenders whenever a decent cross was delivered. But sadly, that was very rare. Oar would have been able to create a fuckload more chances for us. Instead we persisted with players who have not been good enough for many years.

The_Joker

that's sick...japan can qualify for the world cup if they draw or win today... we have march 2013 and they would be qualified...is this the fastest qualitfication ever?

choodi

Banned
that's sick...japan can qualify for the world cup if they draw or win today... we have march 2013 and they would be qualified...is this the fastest qualitfication ever?

The worst part about that is Australia will be relying on Japan to win their remaining matches (except against us) to make it easier for us to qualify. If they lose their remaining games, that really screws us hard.

Ryder

Australian sport is in the doldrums

Tennis: Nothing since Hewitt
Football: Worse than Scotland
Cricket: Utterly defeated. No quality, no strength, no spirit
Olympics: lol

Doing alright for F1 though :p

Lol you forgot we are shithouse in Rugby Union as well.

We have been shithouse in international sports for years now.

The only sports we are good at are Aussie Rules and Rugby League sports no other countries play, lol.

Just so tired of shit football, we have no one coming through the youth ranks, we are for some dark times when Tim Cahill is your best player at age 30.

If we can't beat Oman at home imagine playing world powerhouse in Brazil, lol. Will be a raping if we qualify. We are so lucky we are in Asia. Can't believe they give out 4 world cup spots for the region, it's so shit besides Japan and Korea.

Top Bottom