• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Rommedahl instead of Nicolai Jørgensen for tonights match... You're useless Morten Olsen, shit coach, there's a reason you have been fired from all your previous clubs. Play a man who's only strength is his pace against a side that will just sit deep all match... Instead of a player with a brilliant shot from distance.

The New Normal looks like an amalgamation of every shitty modern comedy trope

edit: Milner's work ethic is unquestionable, his quality and the usefulness of his work ethic are dismal though

Seriously, watch how much he runs tonight, and then see what we actually get out of it.

Thank god that´s done. I´m tired of this international break. I´m more excited about the Sporting x Aston Villa U-19 match on Friday that´ve been for both Portugal matches.

Noirulus

Hopefully there won't be any arguments between the Spain back-line like during the Finland game.

And maybe Benzema could finally score? Sucks to see him out of form.
Although if he really did refuse to sing the French National Anthem in France's previous game, he's a cunt. :mad:

Now we have Uncle Roy though

And you only beat San Marino 7-0? What a joke your team are.

Couldn't even beat Brazil either, and they had fucking Neymar starting for them

Uncle Roy? Draw with Ukraine. Draw with Poland. Probably won't beat Montenegro. Uncle Roy will lead England to a second place finish and a playoff game against Spain/France, Croatia/Belgium or Portugal and quick end to Uncle Roy's England career.

Mumei

Ugh, my thread in the gaming section got closed.

My question was genuine though. Mumei, can you explain why it immediately got axed?

I get why you thought it would be an interesting topic; it seems like some companies probably would do better with different properties, right? But without talking to whoever closed it I'd probably guess that it was seen as a probable beacon for consolewars and it discussing a hypothetical so it isn't as if there's some compelling reason to have the discussion now, and doesn't seem grounded in anything. I think that topics which aren't discussing existing news (or a game or something besides "If X happened, then what?") and whose existence seems more likely to become a fanboy pissing contest because of it are more likely to be preemptively locked.

rodvik

Uncle Roy? Draw with Ukraine. Draw with Poland. Probably won't beat Montenegro. Uncle Roy will lead England to a second place finish and a playoff game against Spain/France, Croatia/Belgium or Portugal and quick end to Uncle Roy's England career.

He is a Liverpool fan, he may have been kidding :)

Anyway Roy will lead us to a glorious final match against Spain in a winner takes all 90 minutes which we will narrowly lose.

qualifying match that is

Arnie

Just came home from work with a free whole chicken from Nandos, and demolished it. Half man eats whole chicken. Will probably run to Tesco before kickoff for a maple and pecan Danish and a can of coke.

Can't explain my fury that The Godfather 3 on Film 4 clashes with England. Never seen the former and I really wanted to watch it.

Just came home from work with a free whole chicken from Nandos, and demolished it. Half man eats whole chicken. Will probably run to Tesco before kickoff for a maple and pecan Danish and a can of coke.

Can't explain my fury that The Godfather 3 on Film 4 clashes with England. Never seen the former and I really wanted to watch it.

The Godfather 3's quality as a film can be compared to the technical ability of the England national team. You're not missing much.

rodvik

Watch Godfather 3 I liked it. International football is terrible. You can always watch the highlights.

Arnie

The Godfather 3's quality as a film can be compared to the technical ability of the England national team. You're not missing much.

Watch Godfather 3 I liked it. International football is terrible. You can always watch the highlights.

Even though I know it isn't as good as the other two, I've heard it's still a good film. And I need to see it at least once. Let's hope England go four nil up in the first half.

rodvik

Even though I know it isn't as good as the other two, I've heard it's still a good film. And I need to see it at least once. Let's hope England go four nil up in the first half.

It is, although if memory serves the first half of the film is much better than the second.

Hi guys as a caring and sharing member of the Footy-GAF community, I have these games, who wants?

Red Faction: Armageddon + DLC Steam Key

Darksiders Steam Key

Quote and I will PM you the game.

Timurid

France XI to play Spain: 4-3-3: Lloris - Jallet, Varane, Koscielny, Evra - Cabaye, Pogba, Matuidi - Valbuena, Benzema, Ribéry.

DAT Midfield!

DAT Jallet!!

rodvik

Strachan is stupid to not start Bannan. if there is one thing his team needs is someone who actually wants to be creative and open up defences.

Not that I am complaining, less injuries for us the better.

rodvik

I don't think anyone denies his abilities as a work horse. He's just the absolute antithesis of an exciting player; especially on the wing.

He applies pressure to teams and can conjure up a rare moment of skill. I love the man.

Arnie

Montenegro are starting Savic?

untitled-142kb71.gif

Looking forward to this Ireland - Austria game. Feeling confidant even. Which is rare.

Ho-Ho-Hosiner

I can't tell, we (Austria) might have a boost from the 6:0 versus Faroer but if you have the first goal we will break apart. Only thing I wonder is why Weimann ist not playing - I rate a premier league player higher than Hosiner who plays in our Sissy (the princess) league.

WJD

He applies pressure to teams and can conjure up a rare moment of skill. I love the man.

Gonna revise my earlier statement.

If he's on the wing: erghhh.
If he's in the middle: Okay.

Though him being in the middle would mean Clev out wide which no one wants.

Top Bottom