• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Kenka

Go Germany.

Thread invited flames and is a bit premature imo.

That first response gets a huge FUCK OFF from me. A franchise like FF isolated to bloody Nintendo platforms only? Fuck that shit.
I can't really argue with your first sentence, I could see it coming but I made a genuine effort in keeping the choices rationnal and I hoped people would realize that the eventuality of S-E being history is not far-fetched.

The fact that S-E franchises could be better managed by others is not a leap of logic and could actually be an acceptable proposal to get the games we want. I see the buyout of franchises as a method like another to get KH3, Star Ocean 5, Versus and a good Final XIV.

Same if S-E gets bought and the employees see an upheaval of the current management methods. Shortly: I would like to see other people deal with franchises I hold dear. I hope this new CEO will be able to make money and reconciliate the company with his fans.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Goal for Vydra. He is going to make a big money move this summer, that much is sure.

I would love it if Spurs signed him, there were mutterings that we had a good look at him in January. If we could have Vydra, Adebayor and Defoe and they could all have a proper pre-season with the full squad, that would be enough for me.

Russia are clear in that group... what on earth are you worried about?

This is fucking Russia, choke masters. No lead is safe. Especially since we have an away game in Portugal next. Could be the beginng of a bad run.
Why is Ronaldo not playing? suspended?

Yes, he's suspended. And they gave Bruno Fucking Alves the captain's armband in his absence. They just love to revel in their own cuntiness.

Lightning

Banned
I can't really argue with your first sentence, I could see it coming but I made a genuine effort in keeping the choices rationnal and I hoped people would realize that the eventuality of S-E being history is not far-fetched.

The fact that S-E franchises could be better managed by others is not a leap of logic and could actually be an acceptable proposal to get the games we want. I see the buyout of franchises as a method like another to get KH3, Star Ocean 5, Versus and a good Final XIV.

Same if S-E gets bought and the employees see an upheaval of the current management methods. Shortly: I would like to see other people deal with franchises I hold dear. I hope this new CEO will be able to make money and reconciliate the company with his fans.
The thought of S-E not being around anymore will upset many people. Should not be discussed unless it becomes a real possibility and Wada resigning shouldn't incite such a discussion, imo.

Outperforming in competitions despite low expectations placed upon them is an understandable reason to be jealous of Portugal.
Jealous of Portugal? LOLOL That's just funny.

This is fucking Russia, choke masters. No lead is safe. Especially since we have an away game in Portugal next. Could be the beginng of a bad run.
It will take a massive choke for Russia to fuck this up. Portugal are poor themselves.

dc89

Fucking Capcom.

xdcasdasd.jpg

Does that pass as good character design these days?!

Messi

Olivia Wilde was the best thing about Burt Wonderstone. Closely followed by Steve Buchemi. Manutdforever agrees.

Bias aside I genuinely think that is true and it was a fun movie.

It will take a massive choke for Russia to fuck this up. Portugal are poor themselves.

If Portugal win this game and then beat Russia then they'll be 2 points up on Russia with Russia having 2 games in hand. Russia then draws with Israel and Northern Ireland. Ta da, choke complete. Seems completely believable to me.

confuziz

Banned
Outperforming in competitions despite low expectations placed upon them is an understandable reason to be jealous of Portugal.

Err no, that's not the reason. It's because the top sides don't play 'real' portugese players, but only fake (brazilians). And that's also the reason why Portugal sucks so much the last few years. There are no talents, because you only play foreign players..

FootballFan

If Portugal win this game and then beat Russia then they'll be 2 points up on Russia with Russia having 2 games in hand. Russia then draws with Israel and Northern Ireland. Ta da, choke complete. Seems completely believable to me.

Portugal don't know the way of the REMUNTADA though.

They don't believe.

Blackhead

Redarse
Ibrahimovic's Champions League ban cut so free to play

Reuters said:
Paris St Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be free to face former club Barcelona in the Champions League next week after his two-match suspension was halved on appeal, UEFA said in a statement on Tuesday.
The volatile Swede was sent off in the last 16 first leg match with Valencia after lunging at full back Andres Guardado with his studs up in PSG's 2-1 victory in Spain. He served the first match of the ban in the second leg.
PSG host the first leg of their quarter-final tie on April 2 with the return in Barcelona on April 10.
(Reporting by Brian Homewood, editing by Mark Meadows)

That Arab money

Noirulus

And that's also the reason why Portugal sucks so much the last few years. There are no talents, because you only play foreign players..

Placed 4th in 2006, lost a close game to Spain (eventual champs) in 2010, and finished ahead of Netherlands, got to semi-finals, and lost to Spain (eventual champs) in penalties during Euro 2012.

Yup, the team sucks so much. /chortle

Also, the only foreign-born players in our current squad is Pepe and Danny. The latter is a bench player.

confuziz

Banned
Placed 4th in 2006, lost a close game to Spain (eventual champs) in 2010, and finished ahead of Netherlands and lost to Spain (eventual champs) in penalties during the euros.

Also, the only foreign-born players in our current squad is Pepe and Danny. The latter is a bench player.

I'm not talking about that. In the last few tournaments (so both EC and WC) you needed a play-off to reach the tournament. That's pretty sad when you face opponents like Luxembourg and Israel.

Also: I'm not sure there is any player under the age of 23 in your squad. That says a lot really..

FootballFan

Placed 4th in 2006, lost a close game to Spain (eventual champs) in 2010, and finished ahead of Netherlands, got to semi-finals, and lost to Spain (eventual champs) in penalties during Euro 2012.

You forgot Euro 2004 final.

Noirulus

I'm not talking about that. In the last few tournaments (so both EC and WC) you needed a play-off to reach the tournament. That's pretty sad when you face opponents like Luxembourg and Israel.

Yeah, I know. This is one of the problems with the team over the past decade. They're unmotivated until things look bleak and end up playing great in tournaments.

You forgot Euro 2004 final.

That too, but he said recently so I didn't think it would be fair to go that far back.

Meier

Seriously, what happened to Portugal after the Euros? How did they not score in the first half against Azerbaijan of all teams?! If they don't get a few with them a man down, they need to fire their coach today.

Edit: Reverse jinxed em. Scored two minutes later.

FootballFan

Ask him on Twitter. I'll revoke his good guy card if he says he doesn't.

Don't have twitter.

#NotHip

Exactly. Even NZ faces stronger teams in Fiji, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Tonga etc.

That game was only close in the scoreline. It was an embarrassing performance from Portugal.

Top Bottom