• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

K1LLER7

I imagine it'll be free on PS+ within a year. I don;t care about the story since they fucked 5 up but dropping RE so suddenly just doesn't feel right :p

Only 3 more big PS3 releases for me, TLoU, GTAV & Beyond

@kharma, sounds like Yukes with the WWE license :p

Same 3 for me :)

I've still got to play Rising, Ni No Kuni and Hitman.

sohois

I was considering waking up to watch the England match last night; fortunately I saw sense. What a shite lineup that was, how are England expecting to score with wings consisting of Milner and Welbeck, one a carthorse the other a striker who doesn't score? And such an insipid midfield, one is basically relying on Gerrard to produce a 'bit of magic' to create anything.

Of course, its not like there were great replacements either, what on earth happened to the England squad? You're looking at the likes of Parker and Young to come on and change things around, its shocking. Seeing as how even a team managed by Stuart Peace can smash teams at u-21 level, how about some more youth in the team? Do you really need 4 midfielders over 30?

arkon

One guy said in all seriousness that he was looking forward to them going out of business and David Cage being revealed as a frustrated film director :p

Its amazing how much antipathy a bit of pretentiousness can stir up :D

Well, yeah. Replace that with say arrogance, petulance, etc.. Like you were saying before with whatshisface. People don't really need much of an excuse to hate on somethng in this day and age.

jtb

Banned
One guy said in all seriousness that he was looking forward to them going out of business and David Cage being revealed as a frustrated film director :p

Its amazing how much antipathy a bit of pretentiousness can stir up :D

Honestly, Quantic Dream's tech is really great and I don't mind the QTE stuff... but David Cage... ugh... please stop writing. please.

He really is a would-be reject Hollywood director though. He's obsessed with Hollywood-ifying everything about video games. Which I wouldn't mind if he wasn't so terrible at storytelling and designing games :p

Messi

God damn it. I am watching the 2nd most recent season of Spartacus. I think its called vengeance, I am at the stage where I like 3 characters alot and if any of them die I might actually be distraught. Spoilers for this season I suppose

The characters who I adore are Gannicus/Annameus and Crixus

Well, yeah. Replace that with say arrogance, petulance, etc.. Like you were saying before with whatshisface. People don't really need much of an excuse to hate on somethng in this day and age.

Rodgers on Redcafe was my simile, I think :p

Honestly, Quantic Dream's tech is really great and I don't mind the QTE stuff... but David Cage... ugh... please stop writing. please.

He really is a would-be reject Hollywood director though. He's obsessed with Hollywood-ifying everything about video games. Which I wouldn't mind if he wasn't so terrible at storytelling and designing games :p

I'm thankful that I quite enjoy a senseless story :D

I guess Heavy Rain just hits me in the desire-hole.I always wanted an atmospheric experience that tells the tale of a single criminal being hunted, and Heavy Rain gave it to me, with an added sheen of funny quirks and futuristic nonsense. I'm still desperate for a realistic, English language TV show that spends hours searching for the perpetrator of a single crime

Yep. Right now Chelsea fans are reading this and saying "wtf are these guys talking about".

Rondon will show them.

Imagine rondon had someone like loskov behind him, would be like old gerrard and Torres, ozil and penaldo, Xavi and messi etc.

If Rondon were Russian and played instead of Kerzhakov yesterday then we would have scored 3+ goals on Brazil.

Edit: Chilean cunts strike again.

arkon

God damn it. I am watching the 2nd most recent season of Spartacus. I think its called vengeance, I am at the stage where I like 3 characters alot and if any of them die I might actually be distraught. Spoilers for this season I suppose

They will all die
j/k probably

Have Atlus ever actually confirmed the existence of Persona 5? 4 came out what, 6 years ago? And as far as I can tell, nobody has a clue what 5 could consist of. No art, no trailers, no setting.

@Kyoufu, yes, according to a forum I've never heard of

Move compatible, not required apparently

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico's XI: Ochoa; Meza, Reyes, Moreno, Torres Nilo; Zavala, Salcido; Aquino, Gio, Guardado; Chicharito

I wanna preemptively congratulate USA on their one point/three points. Fuck you Chepo.

FootballFan

The current season is incredible(war of the damned).

I could have been an extra since its filmed 10 min away. Smh. They were offering heaps of spots for extras. Why didn't I go!!!

What episode are you up to on vengeance?

Anyways vengeance is the worst season out of the 4 IMO but its still very good. Liam really does a good job of filling in for Andy as Spartacus, especially this season.

arkon

jtb

Banned
I'm thankful that I quite enjoy a senseless story :D

I guess Heavy Rain just hits me in the desire-hole.I always wanted an atmospheric experience that tells the tale of a single criminal being hunted, and Heavy Rain gave it to me, with an added sheen of funny quirks and futuristic nonsense. I'm still desperate for a realistic, English language TV show that spends hours searching for the perpetrator of a single crime

I'm with you there. I loved the noir-ish aspect of the game (and any story, really), which just made the last third or so of the game that much more disappointing/infuriating/insulting/etc.

Has a pretty great soundtrack though. and I'm a sucker for anything that has lots of rain (seriously). I guess it's set in Philly so that's cool too. But that plot twist....

Heavy Rain was a really fun experience to play through, but
the reveal of the killer was so stupid. I mean, the antiques shop murder where you're controlling him but the man died while you're standing around waiting for him,, then at the end, it's revealed that YOU did the murder. What the fuck??

At least Cage (or Sony forced him to lol) hired some proper writers for Beyond.

I wish I didn't have work tomorrow so I could play GOTY: INFINTE all night :(

One question: are there side quests?

I'm with you there. I loved the noir-ish aspect of the game (and any story, really), which just made the last third or so of the game that much more disappointing/infuriating/insulting/etc.

Has a pretty great soundtrack though. and I'm a sucker for anything that has lots of rain (seriously). I guess it's set in Philly so that's cool too. But that plot twist....

Same. This Rain PSN game looks interesting

Rain=immediate atmosphere for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyh83oprvU

kharma45

Heavy Rain was a really fun experience to play through, but
the reveal of the killer was so stupid. I mean, the antiques shop murder where you're controlling him but the man died while you're standing around waiting for him,, then at the end, it's revealed that YOU did the murder. What the fuck??

At least Cage (or Sony forced him to lol) hired some proper writers for Beyond.

I wish I didn't have work tomorrow so I could play GOTY: INFINTE all night :(

One question: are there side quests?

Oh sweet fucking Christ I'd forgotten about how shit the twist was :lololol I really hated the story after that point. This just about summed up Heavy Rain's story by the end

mHM3DMk.gif

Oh sweet fucking Christ I'd forgotten about how shit the twist was :lololol I really hated the story after that point. This just about summed up Heavy Rain's story by the end

mHM3DMk.gif
:lol

I almost said fuck this shit and proceeded to kill off the rest of my characters. Kinda wanna play it again tho...

Anyone getting Deadly Premonition on PS3? Next game for me. Then Last of Us (in June?).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think Uruguay will not qualify for the WC.

I always thought the team was nothing special, at WC they had the easiest key and in Copa America they eliminated us on penalties (which comes down to luck more than anything).

FootballFan

I almost said fuck this shit and proceeded to kill off the rest of my characters. Kinda wanna play it again tho...

Anyone getting Deadly Premonition on PS3? Next game for me. Then Last of Us (in June?).

Yeah that part did suck, I still loved it though lol. I got all the endings on my platinum run, was fun seeing how bad and how good everything could turn out.

kharma45

I'm getting Uncharted 3 soon, might get Journey too :p I am with the times.

I think Uruguay will not qualify for the WC.

I always thought the team was nothing special, at WC they had the easiest key and in Copa America they eliminated us on penalties (which comes down to luck more than anything).

Penalties come down to 2 key things

Competent kicking
Players with bollocks

Luck is about 12th on the list

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530316

Sony saying all the right things. I'm petrified that something will go terribly wrong, like a catastrophic hardware error or £475 price point

UC3 looks, plays, sounds and flows worse than UC2, somehow. Still a very good game, but really, really disappointing.

arkon

Penalties come down to 2 key things

Competent kicking
Players with bollocks

Luck is about 12th on the list

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530316

Sony saying all the right things. I'm petrified that something will go terribly wrong, like a catastrophic hardware error or £475 price point

UC3 looks, plays, sounds and flows worse than UC2, somehow. Still a very good game, but really, really disappointing.

So you basically pay for the privilege of being their QA team?

edit: I guess if they knock that amount you pay off the price of the final game that would work or you pay full price for access and get the finished article free.

kharma45

:O damn. Not much of a gamer anymore or just not much of a ps3 gamer? lol

Bit of the former, and a lot of the latter.

I end up hoarding PC games on the likes of Steam but never get around to playing most of them so I'm trying to rectify that over the next couple of weeks whilst I'm off for Easter from uni. Finished Sleeping Dogs yesterday, working through Hitman today and tomorrow. If I don't buy either of those two PS3 games it's Spec Ops up next.

Top Bottom