• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

lol all of Ecuador's Mexico-based players are fucking troncos in Liga MX. Same with some of your Colombian ones (cough cough Perea and Teo).

All those "troncos", both Ecuadorian and Colombian have killed it in the league you watch and worship every weekend. So you should stfu about your shitty mexican troncos.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
#Chile XI: Bravo; Jara, Rojas, Mena; Medel, Isla, Díaz, Aránguiz; Vargas, Paredes, Beausejour.

Puro tronco.

EDIT: Heart Attack is the biggest tronco.
EDIT2: #Uruguay XI: Muslera; Aguirregaray, Lugano, Godín, Pereira; González, Arévalo, Ramírez, Lodeiro; Suárez, Cavani.

3Sixty

#Chile XI: Bravo; Jara, Rojas, Mena; Medel, Isla, Díaz, Aránguiz; Vargas, Paredes, Beausejour.

Puro tronco.

EDIT: Heart Attack is the biggest tronco.
EDIT2: #Uruguay XI: Muslera; Aguirregaray, Lugano, Godín, Pereira; González, Arévalo, Ramírez, Lodeiro; Suárez, Cavani.

Fuck Gaston is starting? He'll be shit vs Chelsea then.

Looks like Battlefield 3.

Graphics were never going to be the selling point, considering the former does look so good. Need to see them justify the release, though.

If it's a next gen game then it's hard to argue that graphics aren't the selling point imo. But yeah, it doesn't really look better than BF3 on PC which is a little disappointing. Hopefully they bring back the proper destruction.

Arnie

If it's a next gen game then it's hard to argue that graphics aren't the selling point imo. But yeah, it doesn't really look better than BF3 on PC which is a little disappointing. Hopefully they bring back the proper destruction.

Aye, the game needs to woo me with other things. I only played BF3 on 360, though, so when I pick this up for a next-gen system it'll feel great. I want to see a huge new game mode on the same scale as Conquest, Rush, and Titan. And that's the minimum. Curious to hear about the weather and destruction.

Aye, the game needs to woo me with other things. I only played BF3 on 360, though, so when I pick this up for a next-gen system it'll feel great. I want to see a huge new game mode on the same scale as Conquest, Rush, and Titan. And that's the minimum. Curious to hear about the weather and destruction.

Yeah. Give me BF3 with slightly tighter foot controls and better flight controls, more control customisation, PC-level graphics, a better server filter and, most importantly, the bigger player count and I'd be happy

Lightning

Banned
Didn't get to see the Spain win. How did Monreal play and did Cazorla get on the pitch?

Just checking up on all the games now to make sure none of our players got injured. And FUCK France for bringing on Giroud so late... wtf is up with that? He can poach a late goal when given the time to actually make an impact.

arkon

Didn't get to see the Spain win. How did Monreal play and did Cazorla get on the pitch?

Just checking up on all the games now to make sure none of our players got injured. And FUCK France for bringing on Giroud so late... wtf is up with that? He can poach a late goal when given the time to actually make an impact.

Played a part in the Spain goal from what I heard and looked good going forwards.

Clegg

Opening few hours of Bioshock:Infinite are better than the entirety of Bioshock 2. And I liked that game.

Infinite just betters its predecessor at everything.

Arnie

It's not really in your face stuff.

It just adds atmosphere to certain places and situations.

Especially the first location in Columbia. DC knows what I'm talking about.

Eh, I'm just being a twat.

I'm sure it's great. Hitcher you're weird, man. ODST soundtrack was awesome.

EDIT: I've just remembered that Hitcher's deaf in one ear. Might be why.

Soundtrack is amazing too.

Early song spoilers:

The bit with 'God Only Knows' was great. I could have sat there forever listening to that. I fucking love the Beach Boys. Did you hear 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' at one point as well? It's a bit weird having those songs in that time period though. I hope that's not a plot point!

Clegg

Song spoilers:

The bit with 'God Only Knows' was great. I could have sat there forever listening to that. I fucking love the Beach Boys. Did you hear 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' at one point as well? It's a bit weird having those songs in that time period though. I hope that's not a plot point!

The first song was near the start of the game right? It completely caught me by surprise when I heard it. Ended up listening to it all.

Loved it.

Eh, I'm just being a twat.

I'm sure it's great. Hitcher you're weird, man. ODST soundtrack was awesome.

EDIT: I've just remembered that Hitcher's deaf in one ear. Might be why.

Ha, one good ear or two makes no difference outside of stereo headphones :p

I notice the odd great bit of ambient music or amazing
amazing
song like Snake Eater, and I love the themes to certain franchises, but I'm never sat there throughout games noticing every single piece of music. Except for Persona 4, and that's due to repetition. Your Affection is awesome though :D

I can appreciate them afterwards, but they're just background noise to me 95% of the time while I'm playing

Hixx

Early song spoilers:

its the tears bro

amazing
song like Snake Eater, and I love the themes to certain franchises, but I'm never sat there throughout games noticing every single piece of music. Except for Persona 4, and that's due to repetition. Your Affection is awesome though :D

I can appreciate them afterwards, but they're just background noise to me 95% of the time while I'm playing

Seriously, check out Nier, it has the best ost of the generation. Here I'll link you to it.

arkon

amazing

I don't necessarily notice every single piece of music but if there are enough standouts that I do pick up on then I'll label that a good soundtrack, potentially great depending on how long those pieces stay with me.

Seriously, check out Nier, it has the best ost of the generation. Here I'll link you to it.

I'll heck out Nier eventually. No multiplayer, no rush :)

I'm guessing there'll be plenty of time to clear out my backlog and get onto a few I've missed between now and the time when the PS4 gets into the swing of things

DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
Far Cry 3
Sleeping Dogs
ME3
Bulletstorm
Folklore
Crysis 2
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Crushing U:DF run

Not bought yet

Nier
Tomb Raider
Bioshock: Infinite
Dead Space 3?
RE6?

Christ.

arkon

I'll heck out Nier eventually. No multiplayer, no rush :)

I'm guessing there'll be plenty of time to clear out my backlog and get onto a few I've missed between now and the time when the PS4 gets into the swing of things

DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
Dead Space 2
Prince of Persia
Far Cry 3
Sleeping Dogs
ME3
Bulletstorm
Folklore
Crysis 2
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Crushing U:DF run

Not bought yet

Nier
Tomb Raider
Bioshock: Infinite
Dead Space 3?
RE6?

Christ.

Cross DMC2 off the list. It's not very good. Pretend it doesn't exist. You'll thank me later.

Cross DMC2 off the list. It's not very good. Pretend it doesn't exist. You'll thank me later.

Not sure whether to get the HD collection or give DMC1 a proper try and go from there. I don't think they're my type of games, but I've never given them a proper chance. Is it worth playing them for the story? (I love ridiculous stories)

If not I'll just give them a miss

Kyoufu

Not sure whether to get the HD collection or give DMC1 a proper try and go from there. I don't think they're my type of games, but I've never given them a proper chance. Is it worth playing them for the story? (I love ridiculous stories)

If not I'll just give them a miss

I love the stories of 1 & 3 but if you're not interested in action games then you could probably just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

Top Bottom