• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

WJD

This reminds me a little bit of when NeoGAF was attacked by TDKR troll.

Only this time I'm not petrified of reading a spoiler, instead I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Bioshock is like a bajillion squillion times better than TDKR is even close to being though, so it's cool.

Salazar

It might be my GOTG. I'm trying to think about a game that brought me as much enjoyment from start to finish and I'm coming up short.

In terms of single player it's my GOTG without a doubt.

AkQihrb.gif

Alright, I'll buy it.

I threw down too much money on some shoes a few days back, but this sounds good.

Imagine you had a friend who was a City fan and he slept for like 5 years and then he woke up and was watching all the City annual DVD's and he got to last season and was watching the Arsenal vs City game and Mario gets sent off and you're like, hey, AGUERROOOOOOO is gonna score in the last minute of the last game to win you the title.

That would be one hell of a spoiler.

And probably the only way I could take any enjoyment from that awful awful moment.

Clegg

It might be my GOTG. I'm trying to think about a game that brought me as much enjoyment from start to finish and I'm coming up short.

In terms of single player it's my GOTG without a doubt.

Ass Creed 2 is up there for me. But it dragged a bit too long in the middle for it to be my GOTG.

Bioshock: Infinite is up there with the Souls games in terms of excellence.

dc89

Imagine you had a friend who was a City fan and he slept for like 5 years and then he woke up and was watching all the City annual DVD's and he got to last season and was watching the Arsenal vs City game and Mario gets sent off and you're like, hey, AGUERROOOOOOO is gonna score in the last minute of the last game to win you the title.

And probably the only way I could take any enjoyment from that awful awful moment.

:lol

Dat imagination.

WJD

Ass Creed 2 is up there for me. But it dragged a bit too long in the middle for it to be my GOTG.

Bioshock: Infinite is up there with the Souls games in terms of excellence.
You have good taste Cleggy boy.

Ass Creed 2
Bioshock Infinite (bit premature but soooo good)
Mirrors Edge
Halo 3
Mass Effect 2

AkQihrb.gif

Alright, I'll buy it.

I threw down too much money on some shoes a few days back, but this sounds good.

It's brilliant. I love the setting, I love the characters, I love the story and the way it's presented. The gameplay is much better than Bioshock 1's and I was honestly surprised at how well the skyline combat worked.

Clegg

What would you prefer; United regaining the title from City with a last minute Rooney winning on the last day of the season or winning the title by 10/15 points with 4 or 5 games left to go?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reactions are semi spoilers.

Potential spoilers:

IM NOT SURE WHATS REAL ANYMORE

The girl controls space/time or whatever

Infinite

The cake is a lie

Etc about reality

Connect the dots

You guys are hyping it up way too much lol.

What would you prefer; United regaining the title from City with a last minute Rooney winning on the last day of the season or winning the title by 10/15 points with 4 or 5 games left to go?

Last minute winner will always be better just for knowing the bitter tears of your rivals.

dc89

Last minute winner will always be better just for knowing the bitter tears of your rivals.

Correct. That will sustain me when the inevitable happens. But the sooner that happens, the sooner summer comes. And when summer comes, Txiki can work his magic.

If last season hadn't happened I would have said last minute winner...but now that it has happened, winning by as big a margin as possible. It's the best possible response. I want us to win with the record points total and by a record margin - so not only did we win it back but we did it in record breaking fashion.

I doubt we will get those two records though.

Clegg

If last season hadn't happened I would have said last minute winner...but now that it has happened, winning by as big a margin as possible. It's the best possible response. I want us to win with the record points total and by a record margin - so not only did we win it back but we did it in record breaking fashion.

I doubt we will get those two records though.

Have you seen that Fergie has reiterated his desire to beat Chelsea's record points tally?

He really wants to wash away last seasons failure.

Arnie

Aguero was definitely one of the top three sporting moments I've witnessed in my lifetime, Istanbul being top, obviously. I say three because I know there's another one somewhere that I'm forgetting and then someone will remind me and I'll be like, 'oh yea'.

Have you seen that Fergie has reiterated his desire to beat Chelsea's record points tally?

Yeah I saw the headline. Will be tough though, I think it's 22 points needed from the remaining 27? Something like that.

Think record points margin is more plausible. Think that's 16 points at the moment.

Meh, that's my own experience with the game. Look at Monkey, Bioshock 1 is his 2nd favourite game of all time and he has some huge complaints with Infinite.

For the record I loved Bioshock 1 too, the combat was never a big problem for me.

Aguero was definitely one of the top three sporting moments I've witnessed in my lifetime, Istanbul being top, obviously. I say three because I know there's another one somewhere that I'm forgetting and then someone will remind me and I'll be like, 'oh yea'.
Usain Bolt's 100m record would be my #1.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know if Hummels is the answer to our CB problems, isn't he a little slow? he could get exposed because we play with a high backline, we need a Puyol basically. Mascherano is the closest I've seen to a Puyol-esque CB quick, covers lot of ground very intelligent positional wise etc... the only thing holds him back is height. you have to be kidding me if there isn't a CB with similar characteristics in Europe.

Meh, that's my own experience with the game. Look at Monkey, Bioshock 1 is his 2nd favourite game of all time and he has some huge complaints with Infinite.

For the record I loved Bioshock 1 too, the combat was never a big problem for me.

I don't trust monkey on anything but good spots to bury people to be honest.

Fergie really does make United over perform, in terms of overall skill level of the players each season. The team isn't even that good on paper. I was really surprised when they signed Van Persie, I always imagined he'd go to Chelsea/City/PSG/Madrid for 300k p/w or something ridiculous. Best manager of all time for me.

Wut.

It's the ultimate race for me.
Same.

That would be my pick just for the gravity of that moment. As amazing as 99, Istanbul and Aguero were they aren't even the most defining moments in football history, IMO.

That sprint is quite possibly the fastest a man will ever run the 100m. Guess you have to care about athletics to acknowledge that but definitely my #1 moment.

Arnie

The 100m sprint has been around longer than contemporary art, Arnold.

Depends how contemporary we're talking.

It's fucking crap, anyway. Just Bolt running quick, doing his nobbish little dance, and telling the interviewer that he loves McDonalds chicken nuggets. And then everyone thinks because he eats at McDonalds he's this crazy sporting personality. Which about sums up the people who get all wet and wild in anticipation for the 100m sprint. Bore the fuck off, let someone else win. It's not even a race.

Depends how contemporary we're talking.

It's fucking crap, anyway. Just Bolt running quick, doing his nobbish little dance, and telling the interviewer that he loves McDonalds chicken nuggets. And then everyone thinks because he eats at McDonalds he's this crazy sporting personality. Which about sums up the people who get all wet and wild in anticipation for the 100m sprint. Bore the fuck off, let someone else win. It's not even a race.
You sound salty.

Bro.

Clegg

Yeah I saw the headline. Will be tough though, I think it's 22 points needed from the remaining 27? Something like that.

Think record points margin is more plausible. Think that's 16 points at the moment.

Looking pretty difficult to get the record points tally. We have a couple of difficult away games and then City at home.

But we're on a pretty good unbeaten run at the moment. I'm reasonably confident in this United side.

Arnie

That sprint is quite possibly the fastest a man will ever run the 100m.

And?

Since when did moving 100m become the defining feat of man? Give him an inch of space in the Guiness book of records next to the man who can fart the most in 60 seconds and let's all be done with this farce.

Good day to you, sir.

In a day or two? Must not be that hard, then. What is 1999, anyway? The game's "hard" difficulty or is it the one above that?

Those of you who finished it, how many hours it took and were you more or less rushing through?
14 hours on 1999 mode. It's the one above hard.

I took my time, did a fair amount of backtracking and looking for hidden rooms and audiologs.

Got stuck on boss battles three times and died a lot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We went a whole fucking season undefeated after finishing fucking 7th twice in a row.

But srsly it was impressive me thinks

And?

Since when did moving 100m become the defining feat of man? Give him an inch of space in the Guiness book of records next to the man who can fart the most in 60 seconds and let's all be done with this farce.

Good day to you, sir.
What the hell are you talking about. It's a sporting event just like any other. None of them are defining feats for mankind.

In his sport, which IMO is a significant one, it's the greatest ever moment.

Calm down, like.

Clegg

Same.

That would be my pick just for the gravity of that moment. As amazing as 99, Istanbul and Aguero were they aren't even the most defining moments in football history, IMO.

That sprint is quite possibly the fastest a man will ever run the 100m. Guess you have to care about athletics to acknowledge that but definitely my #1 moment.

I used to be a competitive swimmer so I consider Michael Phelps 8 golds at the 2008 Olympics to be on of the greatest sporting moments ever.

I used to be a competitive swimmer so I consider Michael Phelps 8 golds at the 2008 Olympics to be on of the greatest sporting moments ever.
It's an amazing achievement for sure but it's not a "moment" in the purest sense, if you get me.

Also, not much he can do about it, but the profile of the sport isn't up there.

Zabojnik

14 hours on 1999 mode. It's the one above hard.

I took my time, did a fair amount of backtracking and looking for hidden rooms and audiologs.

Got stuck on boss battles three times and died a lot.

Thanks, brah. Guess I'll play it on 'hard' first and then on '1999' if I still feel like it. Anything special about 1999? Like features missing or is it just harder?

Arnie

Shit, I knew I'd forgotten that elusive third moment, one that'd flood back to me the second I stop searching for it...

tumblr_md5wwpUxsj1r9vg1go2_250.gif

Top Bottom