• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Arnie

You eat more junk food than I do. :p

It's 'cus I'm living in this London B&B.

Haven't had cooking appliances in nearly two weeks. Definitely getting a pair of Boost and doing some hill sprints.

That cunt from JLS came in today. He's smaller than me.

3Sixty

I used to compete in multi event athletics, 100 meters was never my event. Mid distance was best for me 400/800 and throwing events.

It's 'cus I'm living in this London B&B.

Haven't had cooking appliances in nearly two weeks. Definitely getting a pair of Boost and doing some hill sprints.
I was in the Adidas store on Oxford St last week. Had a look at them. They felt really cheap. I'm sure their amazing and everything but they felt like they're made from styrofoam or something.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are we going to sit here and pretend that both Bolt and Phelps are clean?

I'm with Sir Arnie on this one.

-

I used to consider Arsenal's undefeated season to be the greatest feat in modern football.

Arnie

I was in the Adidas store on Oxford St last week. Had a look at them. They felt really cheap. I'm sure their amazing and everything but they felt like they're made from styrofoam or something.

I had to go in there yesterday morning to pick up a couple of items to take to the office. They've got some mint footy gear. Was checking out the Messi training range. And those all black preds.

How tall are you?
5'7"

He must've been like 5'4-5"

I had to go in there yesterday morning to pick up a couple of items to take to the office. They've got some mint footy gear. Was checking out the Messi training range. And those all black preds.
Sheeeitttt those all black preds are PROPA naughty. I need my boots to disappear so I can justify buying those.

Arnie

3. Wimbledon Men's Final, 2008

Are we going to sit here and pretend that both Bolt and Phelps are clean?

I'm with Sir Arnie on this one.

-

I used to consider Arsenal's undefeated season to be the greatest feat in modern football.
It's not even close to being as amazing as a treble nevermind Barca's 6 trophies in one season.

Arnie

Sheeeitttt those all black preds are PROPA naughty. I need my boots to disappear so I can justify buying those.

It's funny how the designer threw a little bit of random green on there because he knew, like actually knew, that if they were completely black they'd be the perfect football boot and then his job would henceforth be defunct. And he'd be shitting in plastic bags and begging for spare change in his eternally empty Pret-a-manger coffee cup.

It's funny how the designer threw a little bit of random green on there because he knew, like actually knew, that if they were completely black they'd be the perfect football boot and then his job would henceforth be defunct. And he'd be shitting in plastic bags and begging for spare change in his eternally empty Pret-a-manger coffee cup.
He probably sits next to you.

Kill him.

Thanks, brah. Guess I'll play it on 'hard' first and then on '1999' if I still feel like it. Anything special about 1999? Like features missing or is it just harder?
I think that's the best way to go, yeah. I don't regret playing it on 1999 but you should only do that if you're in for a challenge. Don't know the exact features of 1999 mode sorry.

The only thing I can say why I'd regret playing the 1999 mode right away is that I couldn't experiment with the vigors that much. There are upgrade machines for your weapons and vigors a la Bioshock 1 and 2 but the upgrades are extremely expensive. Now, I don't know how it is on the regular modes, but on 1999 mode you lose about $100 every time you die and you'll die a lot. You'll respawn in the same vain as in the previous Bioschocks, but if you run out of cash then tough luck. You get sent back to the main menu. You're going to find a lot of money on the way but damn, you might as well have holes in your pockets.

Edit: asked in the OT

Enemy HP/damage is buffed (this is the mode's least interesting aspect), death is costlier, enemy HPs reset on respawn, and certain things are disabled regardless of whether or not you turn them on (adaptive training, quest arrow, certain markers like the skull to note a melee finisher opening, etc).

Arnie

He probably sits next to you.

Kill him.

He sits upstairs. The chosen land.

I'm genuinely posting here because I'm procrastinating ahead of amending three sentences on my CV which should now encompass my experience gained over the past fortnight. And I'm doing it now, tonight, because tomorrow I'm sticking it on the desk of the head of Adidas PR alongside a post-it note asking her to hire me for the six month PR internship. And the girls from reception are going to badger her until she lets me.

I can't consider moments in Olympic sports like athletics, swimming, cycling, etc... as some of the greatest sporting moments I've witnessed. I only witnessed them because those sports were on BBC One for like a month during the the summer every four years. I really could not care less about them at any other point, so I don't see how I can consider them great sporting moments when ultimately those sports mean nothing to me. Those sports for me are like those people in this country that watch Wimbledon and only Wimbledon. How much rowing have you all watched since the Olympics?

kharma45

I can't consider moments in Olympic sports like athletics, swimming, cycling, etc... as some of the greatest sporting moments I've witnessed. I only witnessed them because those sports were on BBC One for like a month during the the summer every four years. I really could not care less about them at any other point, so I don't see how I can consider them great sporting moments when ultimately those sports mean nothing to me. Those sports for me are like those people in this country that watch Wimbledon and only Wimbledon. How much rowing have you all watched since the Olympics?

None, I only want to watch the best of the best so only watch it when the Olympics is on.

Arnie

Nail, meet head.

I don't think the sport has to be amongst your favourite for it to be a great moment.

I watch quite alot of athletics (sprinting at least) anyway, but even if I only watched the Olympics id still make a case for it.

arkon

One of my favourite sporting moments has got to be the Ronaldo redemption story of WC2002, especially him scoring the two goals in the final.

edit: I'm not sure I'd necessarily rank it up there with other great sporting moments. It's just I idolized the guy growing up, and seeing how he was in 98 :(

kharma45

I don't think the sport has to be amongst your favourite for it to be a great moment.

I watch quite alot of athletics anyway, but even if I only watched the Olympics id still make a case for it.

The Olympics is fucking great and has providing awesome moments, I can't understand how anyone can say otherwise even if you don't follow the sports.

How will this work? Standby mode charges the controllers?

Power USB ports noob.

I fucking detest watching England, but you can bet your arse that next summer I'll be in the pub cheering them on at the start of the World Cup.

Salazar

Watched a UEFA goals compilation on the flight home yesterday.

That Nayim lob over Seaman had me fucking chortling. I love, fucking love, a good doomed keeper backpedal.

Also, Ronald Koeman could fucking strike a ball.

The Olympics is fucking great and has providing awesome moments, I can't understand how anyone can say otherwise even if you don't follow the sports.
I agree.

But even if you don't care for a sport - a great sporting moment is just that.

You don't have to be a football fan to appreciate how amazing Maradonna's goal was for example. It was a genuinely great sporting moment and part of the reason is because it goes beyond the scope of the fans of the sport itself. Those moments become universal.

Watched a UEFA goals compilation on the flight home yesterday.

That Nayim lob over Seaman had me fucking chortling. I love, fucking love, a good doomed keeper backpedal.

Also, Ronald Koeman could fucking strike a ball.

Nayim from the halfway line is what I consider a great sporting moment.

arkon

Just thinking back to WC2002 again. That was a wonderful tournament. Even the qualification had some magic moments. Beckham's last minute free kick at Old Trafford :D

Top Bottom