• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Dibbz

So erm Diaby is out for Nine months. Fucking hell. Wenger has put lots of faith in him and I understand why but seriously Arsenal have to think about getting in another player. I hope that he does manage to put his injury behind him one day but the team cannot save his spot for when that time comes.

Makes me sick that this is all down to one fucking stupid ass shitty tackle years ago that smashed his leg to bits.

So erm Diaby is out for Nine months. Fucking hell. Wenger has put lots of faith in him and I understand why but seriously Arsenal have to think about getting in another player. I hope that he does manage to put his injury behind him one day but the team cannot save his spot for when that time comes.

Makes me sick that this is all down to one fucking stupid ass shitty tackle years ago that smashed his leg to bits.
What tackle was that?

Plasma

Banned
Diaby surely has to retire there is no way he is coming back to play again. I feel sorry for him but at the same time I'm really frustrated that we relied on him this year when we needed to buy another midfielder.

Also the guy who originally injured him doesn't even play professional football any more because his so shit.

Dibbz

Yep some fucking Sunderland player who now works in a call center or some shit basically ruined Diaby's career. There were like 3 or 4 years where Arsenal had 3 different players with broken legs because all the scum thought the best way to stop Arsenal was to get rough. Fucking cock suckers.

Did anyone see that BBC Three documentary on gay footballers? John Fashanu's daughter is stunning. Her father was denying he was a homophobic when he clearly was, however, was awkward viewing

Meier

Do you genuinely work for the club? I thought that was just banter here

Just banter. You're right though, the club really does have an incredible marketing department. Everything digital for City is as good as it gets.

What is this Cavani to Real, Jovetic to Arsenal business I'm reading? No thank you.

Arsenal can't afford him and the rumors from last summer were City got a first right of refusal when signing Nastasic. I'm absolutely certain he'll be a City player.

Where did you get that idea from? The Americans is anything but a procedural...

I asked in the OT and someone said that every week they tackle something, and by the edn of the epside things stand much the same as they did at the start, ala Law&Order, X-Files or CSI. Were they wrong?

Apparently one of Italy's big clubs bid for Mignolet (straight from O'Neill at the corporate meeting last night). Which are looking for new keepers?

either milan or napoli. abbiati's contract is up at the end of the season so we are definitely looking for a keeper. i don't know what de sanctis's situation is at napoli but it's possible they are looking for a new keeper as well.

all the other major clubs are all set in the keeper department.

Meier

I was interested in The Americans until I found out that it was a procedural (right word?)

It is to a certain extent in that they get new missions each week that they have to carry out, but procedurals typically don't have much of an overarching storyline while this does. It's no NCIS or CSI.

Definitely recommend checking it out. It's as much of a procedural as Justified is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
either milan or napoli. abbiati's contract is up at the end of the season so we are definitely looking for a keeper. i don't know what de sanctis's situation is at napoli but it's possible they are looking for a new keeper as well.

Can't be De Sanctis because apparently he's now focusing on his 'club career'.
KuGsj.gif

It is to a certain extent in that they get new missions each week that they have to carry out, but procedurals typically don't have much of an overarching storyline while this does. It's no NCIS or CSI.

Definitely recommend checking it out. It's as much of a procedural as Justified is.

Sounds good then. Another to put on the pile with BB, The Following and Twin Peaks :p

Linius

I asked in the OT and someone said that every week they tackle something, and by the edn of the epside things stand much the same as they did at the start, ala Law&Order, X-Files or CSI. Were they wrong?

Are we talking about the same show here? The first few episodes might come off as procedural because they need to set things up and introduce characters but in the end you're following a Russian sleeper cell family living their life in the US and dealing with stuff for the KGB. It's an ongoing thing, the same characters return each episode to further the storyline. It's also in no way to compare with a show like CSI because there isn't a certain issue each episode that needs to be solved or something.

Just go check it out and judge for yourself.

GQman2121

Banned

It's not like that at all. It's in line with other FX dramas as far scope and production. I've been out of the OT all season, and didn't care for how the pilot ended, but I've come around on the show. It's recommended viewing given that there's such slim quality picking currently airing right now.

Linius

I mostly see the same people in series OT's, but Footey Gaf is never there while so many of you watch TV shows. I sometimes see Fry though, who some of us think has bad taste. But he's cool! :p

jtb

Banned
I don't really like the Americans (though admittedly, I don't really like much of anything) but it's definitely not a procedural. The episodes are pretty self-contained but the season, so far, has been heavily serialized.

Hixx

The term used was 'giant' so presume it was Milan then.

But it looks like Mig AND Sess will leave in the summer, can't blame either. But £25-30m for the pair, plus the TV money, plus alleged new sponsor... we have to stay up. Fucking have to. Because we could be looking at investing £50m+ into players if we do.

WIGAN PLS

jtb

Banned
Late on this, but I don't see Jovetic coming to Arsenal, as much as I'd like him to.

No top player will come to Arsenal except as a stepping stone. Why would you take a wage cut (compared to City and co.) AND piss away your prime playing at a club without any chances of winning a trophy.

Kyoufu

The term used was 'giant' so presume it was Milan then.

But it looks like Mig AND Sess will leave in the summer, can't blame either. But £25-30m for the pair, plus the TV money, plus alleged new sponsor... we have to stay up. Fucking have to. Because we could be looking at investing £50m+ into players if we do.

WIGAN PLS

£50m...My favourite figure!

Watch MON sign some wank British players for 25 each. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dawson, Lennon and Kaboul all back in full training ahead of Swansea game.

aaaawwwwwwww yyyyeeeeaaaahhh

Hixx

Platini on goal line technology in Europe:

""It would cost around 54 million euros (£46m) over five years for this technology, so it's quite expensive for the sort of mistake which happens once every 40 years," he said."

The Champions League winner alone makes £30m or so purely in prize money.

But changing the game at a continental lever for the better, for 50% more than that, is too expensive.

Fuck this useless cunt.

I miss adriano.
u wot m8.
http://i.imgur.com/3v7jd2b.gif[IMG]

wow. we actually did it. and we still have by far the highest wage bill in serie a, including a lot of deadweight (binho, etc.) so there is still room to make us profitable. but if anything this shows how necessary it is to qualify for the CL, failure to make it would ruin our finances.

crazy that the gold tie has done this in a year. we went from being around 50 million euro in the red every year to breaking even.[/QUOTE]
How long will this last though? Uncle fester sold your best players for €60m in the summer, it's not something that happens every year.

Top Bottom