• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Kyoufu

Laudrup:

973244_o_zps35ae9866.gif

Does he mean player?

Tc91

Bioshock Shantytown:

The girl sitting on the crate singing "Fortunate Son" in gospel-style, after having walked by a tear in a warehouse where the original version was blaring through. I have a feeling many people would miss this. Goosebumps. Boner city. This FUCKING GAME.

Yeah that part of the game was unreal. So fucking good.

Another Shantytown spoiler:

Did you go down to the basement in the bar and have Bucker play the guitar?

GorillaJu

Yeah that part of the game was unreal. So fucking good.

Another Shantytown spoiler:

Did you go down to the basement in the bar and have Bucker play the guitar?

Yeah, I did.
It was the song from the very beginning (baptism scene). A nice moment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB on top 4...
"Normally it's within the 70-72 margin," he explained to reporters. "Normally 70 is enough for you to be in those four spots.

"There's 24 points being played, for us to make 70 is 16 more points, so I think it's enough but you never know what dictates. It's very, very unpredictable. At this time I think we are within our objectives."

Nevertheless, the former Chelsea boss recognises that a couple of poor results can completely change the complexion of a season and has urged his players to push themselves from now until the end of the season.

"Now it's eight games until the season [is] finished," he continued. "I think most of the teams will have to put their act together. [For] us it's exactly the same as the other ones.

"We've done excellently enough to manage to bridge the gap before, now with two league defeats we have our opponents a bit closer to us.

"We have to recognise the conditions have changed but towards the future we have these eight games and as it shifted so quickly for us, it shifts very, very quickly for any team in the Premier League when you don't get the results.

"We have to put our act together for the rest of the fixtures to reach our objective."

At least he seems to be aware of how precarious the situation is. Harry didn't seem to realise we were in the shit last season until the last day of the season. I still remember when we were drawing 1-1 with Villa in the penultimate game, a point was of no use at all but rather than going for the win he put just one sub on. Scott Parker. The stupid bastard even said he hoped Chelsea won the CL, right up until we finished 4th.

"I'll be rooting for Chelsea [against Barcelona]," said Redknapp. "From our point of view, if we keep Chelsea in it and they've got a Champions League final to prepare for as well [as the Premier League and the FA Cup final], then they've got a lot on their plate, haven't they?

YOU STUPID JINXING FLAPPY JOWELLED CUNT

Spurs will do it, God willing.

They won't lose any of their next 4 games either.

Swansea - on holiday already
Everton - No Fellaini
Chelsea - Too much on their plate
City - want to be on holiday

8 points from these games for Spurs.

Suarez is a booking away from a 2-game ban. Keeps getting booked for moaning at the officials, how fucking hard can it be to restrain yourself from that?

Well you don't need a gold tie to break even after selling Silva and Ibra to PSG. But staying competitive and in the top 3 without them is mighty impressive.

You kinda need one when the same guy makes possible for Mexes and Flamini (and Binho too, as Frank said) earn €4/5m per year while playing badly most of the time. Sure, recently they've been great, but last year they were dreadful.

jtb

Banned
Diaby's career is basically a write-off :(

Done his ACL now, out for 8-9 months

Seriously? I don't even know how he could do his ACL; isn't he already out for some other injury... smh.

Well at least this forces Wenger to buy someone in the summer. In theory :/

Randdalf

I listen to Alan Davies' Arsenal podcast, despite not being an Arsenal fan, and last week they talked about how good Diaby and Fabregas were when playing together, before Diaby got injured the first time. He was genuinely a prospect to be the next Vieira, albeit less brutal and more skillful. Sad to see a talent ruined by injury.

rvy

Banned
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

I opened the BioShock spoiler thread without knowing and read some posts until I realized what I was doing.

Someone erase my memory, quick.

Noirulus

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

I opened the BioShock spoiler thread without knowing and read some posts until I realized what I was doing.

Someone erase my memory, quick.

I hate how that one thread titled "OMG DID BIOSHOCK INFINITE PULL A KOJIMA?" Now I know to expect a fucking twist of some sort if I ever play Infinite.

Were it for not Wenger, Diaby's Arsenal career would have been over long ago. I'm devastated for him because you could see the potential he had, but no one will be the least bit surprised were he to not have his contract renewed and leave the sport. Hopefully this now means more games for Rosicky

phaze

Were it for not Wenger, Diaby's Arsenal career would have been over long ago. I'm devastated for him because you could see the potential he had, but no one will be the least bit surprised were he to not have his contract renewed and leave the sport. Hopefully this now means more games for Rosicky

How long does he have left on his contract ?

Sky Italia got back the broadcasting rights for the Bundesliga until 2015. Great news, still missing La Liga though.

Also, I just discovered that The Killers will be in Milan (near San Siro) next June. I need somebody to hold me from buying a couple of tickets right now.

rvy

Banned
..Fuck. Sorry, I think... never played a game in the Bioshock series but don't all of them have something like that anyway? That's like what it's famous for I believe

I only played the first, I don't know. I read too much, I don't know how to fix this.

tumblr_ma6djaPeZ21r8s9oho1_500.gif

Hixx

Apparently one of Italy's big clubs bid for Mignolet (straight from O'Neill at the corporate meeting last night). Which are looking for new keepers?

WJD

Hixx, are we gonna bum you on Saturday? I'm fairly confident we'll be putting out a weakened side with Chelsea away 2 days after so I'd take a scrappy 1-0.

Sony saying and doing the right things with the PS4, will have to save for it :p

What is the next gaming event that Sony are most likely to tell us more about it? E3?

Top Bottom