• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Lightning

Banned
Late on this, but I don't see Jovetic coming to Arsenal, as much as I'd like him to.

No top player will come to Arsenal except as a stepping stone. Why would you take a wage cut (compared to City and co.) AND piss away your prime playing at a club without any chances of winning a trophy.
Pretty much. We can afford him but no top player would want to join us.

Jensen

Platini on goal line technology in Europe:

""It would cost around 54 million euros (£46m) over five years for this technology, so it's quite expensive for the sort of mistake which happens once every 40 years," he said."

The Champions League winner alone makes £30m or so purely in prize money.

But changing the game at a continental lever for the better, for 50% more than that, is too expensive.

Fuck this useless cunt.
He also said, "I prefer to put more money into youth football and infrastructure than spend it on technology when there's a goal in a blue moon that hasn't been seen by a referee," and honestly it's a fair argument.

Hixx

He also said, "I prefer to put more money into youth football and infrastructure than spend it on technology when there's a goal in a blue moon that hasn't been seen by a referee," and honestly it's a fair argument.

But it's not once in a blue moon is it.

My point is if you're going to reward the cream of the crop with tens of millions, why not take some money out of that pot to make their competition better?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Platini on goal line technology in Europe:

""It would cost around 54 million euros (£46m) over five years for this technology, so it's quite expensive for the sort of mistake which happens once every 40 years," he said."

The Champions League winner alone makes £30m or so purely in prize money.

But changing the game at a continental lever for the better, for 50% more than that, is too expensive.

Fuck this useless cunt.

Once every forty years? The dodgy wanker, I can think of two occasions where there has been a goal line error against Spurs in the last two seasons alone.

Goal line decisions are wrongly given multiple times a season.

u wot m8.

How long will this last though? Uncle fester sold your best players for €60m in the summer, it's not something that happens every year.

we didn't receive all the money from those sales at once. we also spent about 30m between el-sha and balotelli.

in any event, we do not need to be the most profitable club in the world, we just need to keep our yearly deficits at a manageable level. we will further reduce the squad size and wage bill this summer (ambro, abbiati, robinho, mexes, bojan will all probably leave or take pay cuts, and will be replaced by youth players) and we will have plenty of room to grow from there in the future.

in comparison to the beginning of the season when our club was a mess, things are looking pretty good right now. our financial crisis is essentially over and we are still competitive in the top 3 even while we are in the middle of rebuilding. gold tie's decisions have all been pretty much vindicated, i do not know why i ever doubted him.

are you guys going to get your own stadium any time soon? the next step is for us to buy the san siro.

Jensen

But it's not once in a blue moon is it.

My point is if you're going to reward the cream of the crop with tens of millions, why not take some money out of that pot to make their competition better?
Convincing the big clubs who reach the later stages to take a cut in prize money would be difficult for UEFA.

The Premier League is going to fit this technology in every stadium next year, if most of the top leagues do the same then UEFA possibly would have to pay for around 150 stadiums but still that is a lot of money for UEFA to find considering they run at a loss or break-even every year.

Slizz

Yo... This shouldn't be allowed

9V5L2ZQ.jpg

Messi

I am getting very little joy out of life right now. My whole life feels like its controlled by diet and obedience to that schedule. I ridicule myself internally for falling off the wagon in the smallest way. I can't enjoy anything I eat.

I have no attention span even when I want to enjoy media (games,movies , tv ect) I am always down

Fuck :( I hate myself

Slizz

Ian getting very little joy out of life right now. My whole life feels like its controlled by diet and obedience to that schedule. I ridicule myself internally for falling off the wagon in the smallest way. I can't enjoy anything I eat.

I have no attention span even when I want to enjoy media (games,movies , tv ect) I am always down

Fresh air helps. Walks and nature are always nice.

Hixx

I am getting very little joy out of life right now. My whole life feels like its controlled by diet and obedience to that schedule. I ridicule myself internally for falling off the wagon in the smallest way. I can't enjoy anything I eat.

go to doctor please

I wish I did earlier

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Go to a strip club and grab some boobies Brian.
3AQmK.gif

Clegg

OKCupid

Just take a few beard pics and slap them up there.

u wot m8.

How long will this last though? Uncle fester sold your best players for €60m in the summer, it's not something that happens every year.

As long as we don't get back to paying enormous salaries to random players. I said this last year here on GAF: this summer (2013 summer) is going to be so much better because of our finances, the board now knows that you can buy talents around the world and not just ex-players, plus last year we sold the two players with the highest wage and a lot of older (and useless, outside of their charisma) players, whom still earned quite a lot when you add everything up.

Berlusconi promised this a while ago: Milan should've been able to manage itself financially-wise without asking to the Berlusconi's family. We had to sell a lot of important players the last few years, and gradually managed to break even. It's a thing that has been going on since we sold Kakà, basically.

Empty

go see your doctor. it's hard to muster the courage but it helps.

there's also a thread on gaf where lots of people will give you advice if you want to talk about it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371754&page=172

we didn't receive all the money from those sales at once. we also spent about 30m between el-sha and balotelli.
While it's true that milan didn't receive all the money for Ibra and Thiago, i doubt you guys paid more than €15m for balotelli and elsha combined(balo €20m in 5 years, el sha 50% was like €5m + Merkel).
are you guys going to get your own stadium any time soon? the next step is for us to buy the san siro.
Not going to happen any time soon, who's going to pay for it? :p
Adrianooooooooooo. Che si fa' sabato, si vince?
Probabile, così possiamo perdere con la Samp mercoledì. :lol

While it's true that milan didn't receive all the money for Ibra and Thiago, i doubt you guys paid more than €15m for balotelli and elsha combined(balo €20m in 5 years, el sha 50% was like €5m + Merkel).

El Shaa was 7,5m when we bought him in 2011 and 7,5m+Merkel last summer. So far we payed 3,3m for Balotelli. In total is slightly above 18m in two years, basically. Then we still have to pay one installment for Ibra before April 2014 iirc, about 8m.

Zabojnik

El Shaa was 7,5m when we bought him in 2011 and 7,5m+Merkel last summer. So far we payed 3,3m for Balotelli. In total is slightly above 18m in two years, basically. Then we still have to pay one installment for Ibra before April 2014 iirc, about 8m.

Dat FFP. We know that feel too.

Meier

Don't do this to yourself Meier.

Ahaha, I guess I'm sounding a bit Lightning circa RVP transfer-esque, aren't I. :lol Even still, I'm confident we'll get him... hopefully at less than his release clause although I don't expect that to be the case.

The Balotelli deal will be more than €20m after add-ons and the like. The way he's performing, I'd be shocked if City didn't get every possible penny out of the transfer...

Ahaha, I guess I'm sounding a bit Lightning circa RVP transfer-esque, aren't I. :lol Even still, I'm confident we'll get him... hopefully at less than his release clause although I don't expect that to be the case.
It's just the way it goes. Your club never signs the player you badly want.

I learnt this the hard way.

Ronaldinho. Ozil. Sanchez. Hazard.

Broken dreams. </3

But we did get Shinji! :D

And don't forget that Dutch bloke wot used to scores goals.
Fixed.

Signing Robin was awesome but it was kinda out of the blue. The hype and expectation didnt have enough time to fester.

Jovetic for example has been linked with City for over a year. That's a year of Meier dreaming of Jovetic wearing sky blue. Just be careful man. I don't want any of my footy-GAF bros getting hurt.

Lightning

Banned
It's just the way it goes. Your club never signs the player you badly want.

I learnt this the hard way.

Ronaldinho. Ozil. Sanchez. Hazard.

Broken dreams. </3

But we did get Shinji! :D
This is how I know we're not getting Jovetic. Every time we are linked with the player prolonged like this the transfer never happens. Mata, Cahill, M'Vila, Sahin etc... all linked for a long time with deals done but nothing happens.

Jovetic is a "dream" signing but that's all it will ever be. I honestly think we will sign a 20mil + player but I don't think we've been linked with them yet and probably wont be linked until the deals done.

Top Bottom