• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Ronaldinho didn't turn us down.

But yeah I think he was better off at Barca.

We'll never know. Fergie might have kept him in check far better than Rijkaard did in his final two years. I often wonder if Barcelona would have stayed the Cruyff esque course they have followed for nearly a decade now if it weren't for the signing of 'Dinho + Davids brief spell.

I thought you made a bid for him.

Anywho, Lucas Moura will probably be at Barca in 3-5 years if they're still on top.

Yeah they did. But Kenyon? fucked it up apparently.

I thought you made a bid for him.

Anywho, Lucas Moura will probably be at Barca in 3-5 years if they're still on top.
We did, we were very close. But at the end our then chairman (Peter Kenyon, prick) started to penny pinch and refused to pay up. Barca were happy to do so they got him ahead of us.

Maybe he still would have gone to Barca ahead of us - but we took forever over it when really we could/should have sealed it quickly.

But hey we ended up getting Ronaldo (instead?) so it worked out okay.

We'll never know. Fergie might have kept him in check far better than Rijkaard did in his final two years. I often wonder if Barcelona would have stayed the Cruyff esque course they have followed for nearly a decade now if it weren't for the signing of 'Dinho + Davids brief spell.
Yeah maybe Fergie could have disciplined him better - but, and this is just speculation really, I get the feeling Dinho needed to be a "free spirit" to be at his best.

Also Barca and La Liga's style of play definitely suited him better. Fergie would have played Ronaldinho in DM or some stupid shit.

kharma45

Yeah maybe Fergie could have disciplined him better - but, and this is just speculation really, I get the feeling Dinho needed to be a "free spirit" to be at his best.

Also Barca and La Liga's style of play definitely suited him better. Fergie would have played Ronaldinho in DM or some stupid shit.

He'd have been another Veron.

Arnie

This train's a ballache.

Ill post my haul:

Preds (will be posted to me next week, either red and black or all black)
Boost (needed a pair of running shoes)
2 pairs of Gazelles (one all black with a hint of gold, one all red)
A random pair of slightly older running shoes that I'm flogging to pay for Bioshock.
An all black originals tracksuit top
Black Adidas t-shirt with logo on

And that phone interview went well enough for them to call me back for the graduate day next month. If I could swoop that job it'd be awesome.

Sviatoslav, baby, how do I write "the DVD outtakes/extra scenes don't play" in Russian?

"Дополнительные сцены и смешные дубли на DVD не работают"

Why though, lol?

This train's a ballache.

Ill post my haul:

A random pair of slightly older running shoes that I'm flogging to pay for Bioshock.

And that phone interview went well enough for them to call me back for the graduate day next month. If I could swoop that job it'd be awesome.
Shotgun red gazelles.

Thanks Arnie!

Slizz

This train's a ballache.

Ill post my haul:

Hellllll yeah

Salazar

Good lad.

My break comes next January. Publication in a particular scholarly journal: I can only describe the equivalent circumstance of elation as, well, Soi Fong being made United kit man. Or Lightning being elected to the Arsenal board of directors, with a mandate for brutal change.

It's just the way it goes. Your club never signs the player you badly want.

maybe your club

AKrP38n.jpg

Arnie

How was the work though? What kinda stuff did you get up to/were they getting up to in the office.

Marketing seems fun.

Or maybe I love Mad Men too much...
Was more Pete's job than Don's (which is what I foresee myself doing at this other place). I basically smoozed minor celebrities like The Weeknd, and a couple lads from The Zutons, and that small bellend from JLS. We had crisps and soft drinks and talked, and then I gave them free stuff.

And then I boxed all the stuff up and rang couriers to come and collect it. I did a lot of boxing and phoning. And a fair amount of smoozing. I actually took the Zuton lads on my own, which was quite daunting, but they were both scousers so we ended up chatting about football, and strangely Daniel Taylor (we agreed that he's shite).

LALALALALALALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALA FFP FTW LALALALALALALALA

Still hurts, really. Especially Thiago.

only thiago ever hurt for me. ibra had to go, but selling thiago was very tough. felt way worse than when we sold kaka even.

still doesn't change the fact that i got to experience my absolute favorite player joining my favorite club (balo.) so rare for that to happen.

Who do United fans really want this summer?

James?
Strootz?

And how will we be disappointed?
Strootman although I have a bad feeling he isn't actually gonna be that good.

If I could pick anyone (semi-realistic) I'd pick Ilkay but we don't have any interest it seems so it's a no go.

We will be disappointed when Fletcher returns and is hailed as a new signing. We will then sign Garay and because of this Jones will be deemed a CM for next season. This means no new CM player will be signed. Then all the good CMs will sign for other clubs. Finally Adnan's contract will expire and Woodward will say he didn't even know about it cos Gill never told him.

Clegg

Strootman although I have a bad feeling he isn't actually gonna be that good.

If I could pick anyone (semi-realistic) I'd pick Ilkay but we don't have any interest it seems so it's a no go.

We will be disappointed when Fletcher returns and is hailed as a new signing. We will then sign Garay and because of this Jones will be deemed a CM for next season. This means no new CM player will be signed. Then all the good CMs will sign for other clubs. Finally Adnan's contract will expire and Woodward will say he didn't even know about it cos Gill never told him.
Everything you said their sounds painfully realistic (except the Adnan thing).

We already know that Giggs has signed on for another year and we know Fergie wants to give Fletch another chance. Best hope of signing a new CM is if we sell Ando and Scholes retires again.

Couple of notable points:

There's a couple of people in game of thrones I'd go full gay for

Ill Manors is a better film about petty gangsters than Killing them softly

Salazar

Fletcher looked fucking lost most of the time.

Petrucci is back at the club with a fucked hamstring, having reportedly looked nothing special when he did play for Pborough.

K1LLER7

Fletcher looked fucking lost most of the time.

Petrucci is back at the club with a fucked hamstring, having reportedly looked nothing special when he did play for Pborough.
Bebe continues to be our best loaned out player this season.

Fergie better keep him at United next season. Young, Nani and Valencia can sit on the bench.

Salazar

Bebe continues to be our best loaned out player this season.

Fergie better keep him at United next season. Young, Nani and Valencia can sit on the bench.

--------------------DeGOD
Raf--------Smalling----Vidic-----Büttner
--------------------------------------------
-------------------ClevGOD
-------Carrick---------------Strootz
--------------------------------------------
Bebe-----------------------------ZahALLAH
-----------------Welberg

Carbonox

bioshock and a good hot cup of tea. Been for a big shit so i'm in good shape for the rest of the night.

Fuck you. My game never came. Now I have no idea when it will cos of the Easter weekend. Useless cunts.

I'm gonna knock on the door of every post man in town and tell them to go find my game at the post office depot.

Top Bottom