• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Nice excuse. We played like 10 games and you won 1. You got crushed by Colombia, my love

I was going to think of a retort but then

1643247_full-lnd.jpg
out of nowhere.

FIFA is the only place Colombia can win anything. Can't even beat one Russian League player in real life. Imagine facing 11 at the same time.

K1LLER7

I want to hear something like this before the game tomorrow...

Breaking News: Man Utd are proud to announce they have signed a contract to sponsor Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

Don't know how this would work but DO IT #BasedWoodward

Blablurn

Bacon, don't worry about your future. Everything will be fine. Dont become one of those guys who always worry! ENJOY LIFE! u r young!

Lightning

Banned
Why can't I find Silent Hill HD Collection on PSN? Bloody hell Konami sort your shit out. Even though there are issues with the transfer over it's one of the few games that I don't have available for my PS3 yet and once KH HD and FFX HD come out I will almost have all my favorite PS2 games available on PS3.

FootballFan

First the comeback vs Milan(REMUNTADA!)

Then the comeback of Tito and Abidal at the same time.

Then the return to Paris. Where the team pulled off a comeback against Arsenal.

The 2006 final, where Arsenal failed when it mattered. Where Larsson changed the game, where Eto'o and Belletti became heroes, where Henry said "yup I am joining those guys", where Messi said "why the fuck didn't rijkaard pick me", where Dinho secured his "I'm the best" title, where Giuly wondered "why the fuck wasn't my goal counted"

Where, believe it or not, Tom Henning Ovrebo was the fourth official, where he was thinking "gooo barca!"

#FuckPSG

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2013/03/29/3863642%20/agent-damiao-open-to-napoli-move

Leandro Damiao’s agent Vinicius Prates insists that Napoli have not made an approach for the Internacional player, but admitted that his client is open to a summer switch to the San Paolo.

The Brazil international has been repeatedly linked with a move to Europe and, as Goal.com exclusively revealed, Tottenham Hotspur failed with a €19 million bid for 23-year-old striker during the January transfer window.

Napoli are also said to be considering Damiao as a replacement for the in-demand Edinson Cavani but Prates insists there has not yet been any contact with the Partenopei.

"I cannot comment on something that is not there, seeing has I have received nothing in writing, or even an offer from Napoli,” the agent told calciomercato.it.

"If an interesting proposal should arrive for us and Internacional, there would be a good chance that Leandro leaves.

"He's happy at Internacional. He's been one of the best Brazilian goalscorers for several years now.

"But it's possible that he will leave during the summer transfer window if the conditions mentioned before are met.”

Dortmund has also been mentioned as a possible destination for Damiao and, again, Prates freely admits that the player would be keen to discuss a move to Signal Iduna Park.

"It's a big club that I like a lot,” he revealed. “I repeat: if a big club like Borussia or the other great European sides should formalise a proposal for us and for Internacional, we would evaluate it carefully."

Internacional admitted earlier this week that Damiao, who has been capped 14 times by the Selecao, is expected to leave the club this summer.

:O

GorillaJu

Kakitani scored today as well. His 3rd goal in 4 matches. I hope his consistency stays. Could be the next Cerezo player to go to Europe.

He's been great this season. I'm off in a few minutes to go watch Yokohama play Tokyo FC. Hope the J League is exciting again this year.

^ well he's doing that insufferable heart-shaped hand gesture that Gareth Bale does. Could this be a sign?
Shit :|

I hope you guys get him. He would be great in Dortmund. Who would replace Hummels if he left?

We don't really have anyone in sight because it's considered unlikely for Hummels to leave (since he openly talked about having extended his contract without a release clause because dat ECHTE LIEBE™). In our reserves we have the very talented (but for CB standards a bit smallish) Günter and the newly signed Sarr, but they wouldn't be ready take Hummels' role.
So I guess we'd have to sign someone else. At least we'd have the money to find an adequate replacement since Hummels would cost at least some 25-30m, maybe even more.

Lightning

Banned
We don't really have anyone in sight because it's considered unlikely for Hummels to leave (since he openly talked about having extended his contract without a release clause because dat ECHTE LIEBE™). In our reserves we have the very talented (but for CB standards a bit smallish) Günter and the newly signed Sarr, but they wouldn't be ready take Hummels' role.
So I guess we'd have to sign someone else. At least we'd have the money to find an adequate replacement since Hummels would cost at least some 25-30m, maybe even more.
That's good. Just asking because I've read reports of Hummels being linked with Barcelona and that negoations for his transfer already underway which would be very disappointing.

That's good. Just asking because I've read reports of Hummels being linked with Barcelona and that negoations for his transfer already underway which would be very disappointing.
Indeed and I did read about that too, but his dad (agent) denied that:
[Aber Hermann Hummels stellt klar: "Wir haben keinen Kontakt zu Barcelona. Aus unserer Sicht ist da Stand heute nichts dran."]
Supposedly they also target Gündogan, but his dad (agent) denied that too.

I feel like none of our young stars will even consider a transfer before the WC '14. Afterwards, sure, it's pretty much possible (and presumably some release clauses might be activated then: Götze, Reus) + Gündogan would have only 1 year left on his current contract (unless he signs a new one soon).

That last Bombcast is the worst I've ever listened to

It was every weakness condensed into 2 hours.

-Droning on about bar-crawling
-Talking about sleep
-Talking about travel
-Arcade-games discussion
-Saints Row wankathon
-Bastion developers wankathon
-Cards Against Humanity creators discussion
-Constant references to people/events nobody but themselves/GB obsessives are aware of
-Referring to unknown acquaintances by their first names/nicknames and talking as though the audience is familiar with them
-General sense of being an outsider listening to a casual conversation with no thought for the listener

Compounded by no Vinny, and no Brad. Honestly not sure why I listen to it around PAX.

Arnie

"I knew y'alls special from the moment I saw y'all. Y'all my mutha fucking soul mates."
Can't wait to watch that.

And Trance. Love a good Danny Boyle film.

And Giant Bomb has never been funny. Don't know why people have a hard on for them.

Arnie

1up.com imploded and people needed a new group of game-writers to obsess over.
1up were great, though.

1up Show, 1up Yours, and GFW Radio were stellar. Giant Bomb is just a bunch of fat blokes making unfunny jokes in a basement.

Salazar

Gaming side produces opinions like this one, about AC.

III is the best objectively just because it builds on its predecessors in pretty much everything except for polish and the crafting/assassin management stuff and adds more.

No wonder they fall for Giant Bomb garbage.

Arnie

Gaming side produces opinions like this one, about AC.

No wonder they fall for Giant Bomb garbage.
Missed the Chinese thing last night, and still haven't played AC3, but given the complaints I probably won't. It's a shame, too, because I loved AC2, but I don't get the same desire to go and run around a snowy forest as I did to explore Venice.

The American Revolution is time haltingly boring to me.

Top Bottom