• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

1up were great, though.

1up Show, 1up Yours, and GFW Radio were stellar. Giant Bomb is just a bunch of fat blokes making unfunny jokes in a basement.

When it was Garnett, Shane, Luke and John it was great. It got progressively worst as one by one they left.

sohois

I too skipped out on AC3, I had intended to play it but I wanted to play Brotherhood & Revelations before it (something I still haven't done) and I never buy games day 1 anyways. Then it came out and impressions were bad so a few weeks ago I went to wikipedia and read the plot summaries. Unsurprisingly the ending to the modern day stuff was stupid.

Oxx

1up were great, though.

1up Show, 1up Yours, and GFW Radio were stellar. Giant Bomb is just a bunch of fat blokes making unfunny jokes in a basement.

GiantBomb just inherited the 'I wish I could hang-out with my bros and chat games as a lifestyle/career' fanbase pretty directly from 1up.

I don't remember Gamespot being that popular when people were drooling over Shane Bettenhausen.

Broken Pixels was awesome too.
There is just nothing else that comes close to the 1up stuff, but Giantbomb is still the closest (especially due to their constant media output).
There were those offshoot projects by former 1up/EGM editors, but they were all crappy from what I remember. The really capable/interesting people left for jobs in the industry.
Rev3Games would be complete crap if it wasn't for Sessler.

/team Mangod

GiantBomb just inherited the 'I wish I could hang-out with my bros and chat games as a lifestyle/career' fanbase pretty directly from 1up.

I don't remember Gamespot being that popular when people were drooling over Shane Bettenhausen.

Yeah people weren't so positive on The Hotspot.

Rich is vanilla.
Ricardo's on Prozac and takes ten minutes to form a coherent sentence.
Gerstmann is stuck in the 80s and has bad taste in games.
Alex is terrible at games so his opinions are always suspect.
Brad has no charisma.
And the really fat guy inspires complete apathy.

I thought it was ok, but like Giant Bomb they spend too much time talking about nothing.

Crowd is singing my former students name. Craziness!

No Marquinhos and Saito on the benched. We fucked. Gg Tokyo

good... good...
jMXJjGKhTOyYY.jpg

Yup, went and bought it for my Olympic playlist for the gym.

I've said it a few times, but I miss it a lot. Even if it was a money-sink, and won't do anything for the long term economy, I wouldn't change it for the world.

In a climate where it seemed that (rather pathetic) people were willing the games to be a failure, a lead-up that involved massive security risks, infrastructure doubts, rubbish logos, economic crisis and generally massive doubts as to our capability to run such an event, we knocked it out of the park, from beginning to end. Supplemented by a brilliant performance from our athletes, the best sports coverage I've ever seen (BBC-haters can fuck off), and a huge amount of enthusiasm. What looked like a potential embarassment made the entire country happy, and it'll never happen again in our lives.

Any good roundtable podcast reviews of the Games?

Labadal

Can't wait for the English games to go ahead even if we are not playing.

Removed Fletcher for berbatov (C) and Fellaini for Chamberlain. I don't have a good feeling about those changes.

Oxx

I've said it a few times, but I miss it a lot. Even if it was a money-sink, and won't do anything for the long term economy, I wouldn't change it for the world.

In a climate where it seemed that (rather pathetic) people were willing the games to be a failure, a lead-up that involved massive security risks, infrastructure doubts, rubbish logos, economic crisis and generally massive doubts as to our capability to run such an event, we knocked it out of the park, from beginning to end. Supplemented by a brilliant performance from our athletes, the best sports coverage I've ever seen (BBC-haters can fuck off), and a huge amount of enthusiasm. What looked like a potential embarassment made the entire country happy, and it'll never happen again in our lives.

Any good roundtable podcast reviews of the Games?

I still get chills when I think back to what the atmosphere was like to be there. It was insane.

Anyone knows what price he'd go for? Contract until 2017, release clause at €50m, that's certainly not our kind of price.

I feel like none of our young stars will even consider a transfer before the WC '14. Afterwards, sure, it's pretty much possible (and presumably some release clauses might be activated then: Götze, Reus) + Gündogan would have only 1 year left on his current contract (unless he signs a new one soon).

I think we could be lucky with Götze and Reus, as long as we're competitive in the CL (and the league). Seems like they enjoy playing together a lot and unless they get divorced (lol) or there's some crazy Reus-Götze to Real/Barca/whatever 80m deal, I can see them staying for another few years.

Arnie

Oof my mum just booked herself tickets to Radio Five Live's live show from Liverpool, I think she likes football more than I do. I went to the one in Sheffield, and I asked that question about whether England players should dive more often.

Is there an early match today, and is it on the telly?

arkon

Oof my mum just booked herself tickets to Radio Five Live's live show from Liverpool, I think she likes football more than I do. I went to the one in Sheffield, and I asked that question about whether England players should dive more often.

Is there an early match today, and is it on the telly?

The Man Utd game on sky

Top Bottom