• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Macedonian FA has apologised to Goran Pandev for changing his FIFA Coach of the Year vote for Jose Mourinho due to “a technical error.”

The Napoli striker was all over the papers last week when declaring his vote for Mourinho as FIFA Coach of the Year had been changed to Vicente Del Bosque without his knowledge.

At first Mourinho and Pandev appeared to blame FIFA, who then published a copy of the fax they received from the Macedonian FA.

Pandev insisted the signature on the fax was not his, fuelling further confusion and speculation.

On Friday the Macedonian Federation released an apology, admitting they had changed the vote to Del Bosque due to “a technical error.”

They claimed “when the FIFA forms arrived to elect best player and Coach, the Federation contacted Pandev by telephone and he chose Mourinho.

“Due to a technical error in the completion of the form, Del Bosque’s name was ticked, but Pandev had voted for Mourinho.”

Apologies if it's old by now

Anyone knows what price he'd go for? Contract until 2017, release clause at €50m, that's certainly not our kind of price.

I think we could be lucky with Götze and Reus, as long as we're competitive in the CL (and the league). Seems like they enjoy playing together a lot and unless they get divorced (lol) or there's some crazy Reus-Götze to Real/Barca/whatever 80m deal, I can see them staying for another few years.

Dunno, I think the clause doesn't mean much if he really wanted to leave. I'm sure we could do an almost 1:1 trade for Lewandowski's transfer revenue (25-30m). He'd probably want less in wages compared to Dzeko too.

Yeah, we'd increase our chances of keeping them if we were competitive in the league and CL. If we go far in CL this season and can juggle both the league and CL next season, we might very well keep them for now (though we'd have to give them new contracts at some point). But I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being swayed by big clubs, especially after great WC performances. Also attracting top, yet reasonably priced talent (like Damiao, Isco, Mkhitaryan, KPB, etc.) could help us in that regard (so that they don't feel like we're stagnating).
We just simply need to spend this time around, especially if Lewandowski's departure will yield some some 25-30m. In that case, and considering the increase in CL revenues, we absolutely need to spend some 50m.

As for today's game: I feel like it's bound to be a draw, lol. It's Stuttgart after all. Though I'd like to see GK for Piszczek and Leitner/Bittencourt in OM for Kuba.

Kagawa and RVP up front.

@nickcoppack: MU: De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Buttner; Valencia, Anderson, Carrick, Young; Kagawa, Van Persie

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You'd be relegation fodder too without Bale.

jlaw-okay.gif

Fergie ain't fucking around. I have to admit that United's squad has impressive depth, for a weakened team that's more than good enough to beat most teams.

Arnie

Nah, today I'm well and truly #teamhixx, even if such distinctions are ultimately futile. Incoming clank smash to O'Neill's canister.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A technical error, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I just found out that Merda - Juve is on at 15:00 CET. Thought it was an evening game. Least felt Derby d'Italia in ages for me, I think. Give us Bayeeeeeeeeeernnnnnnnnn.

The last time we played Inter on 15:00 was in 1996. Conte scored the winner
The last time there was no English team in the QF was in 1996.

The last time we won the fucking CL was in 1996.

Buffon, Chiellini, BeckenBonny, Barzagli, Asamoah, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Peluso, Matri, Giovinco

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

arkon

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So what you're saying is Conte will sub himself on and show the strikers how it's done.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sunderland v Man Utd
Arsenal v Reading
Man City v Newcastle
Southampton v Chelsea
Swansea v Tottenham
West Ham v West Brom
Wigan v Norwich
Everton v Stoke

Me neither. I think it looks good! Out in April in the UK, but I can't go see that on my own. I'd look a proper creeper.

You have to see it on your own and feel like a creeper to get the full Korine experience. I saw Trash Humpers on my own at a small cinema near me and felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Right-back Kyle Walker has endured something of an up and down season, but he can always be relied upon to take it to opposing defenders down the flanks. The England international is joint second in the Spurs’ squad for both crosses delivered and assists with 48 and five respectively.

You'd never think this from watching him. The number of times he gets into a crossing position and just stops is infuriating.

There's always an Italian team in the finals in year ___3. It's confirmed. Juventus to win.

Top Bottom