• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Started Six Feet Under again..

Got to somewhere in the 2nd series about a year ago, but I've forgotten what happens, so. I just decided to start again.

Another enjoyable HBO show :)

Messi

I think you edited that post like four times. Google Topollillo, that is who she looks like

ioZJ3Wju5KU1t.gif

I try not to quadruple post unlike some people.

She'd make a good King Arthur

I would watch that. But then again.. I would watch most things she is in. I sat through some shitty movies.

Started Six Feet Under again..

Got to somewhere in the 2nd series about a year ago, but I've forgotten what happens, so. I just decided to start again.

Another enjoyable HBO show :)

Keep meaning to watch that show. I love Michael C Hall.

Messi

He's a good actor, though I think I've only seen him in this :p

Also, reading his Wiki, damn didn't know he had cancer :(

@Wooden, my friend's seen it like 5 times lol. But he's crazy so meh

You have not watched Dexter?

He beat Cancer, YAY! I believe it was the same kind of cancer that killed Andy Whitfield of Spartacus :(

Messi

Abi is on the squad tomorrow :)

I cannot wait for him to step on the field. All the players on Facebook are posting pics with him so he must get some mins if they are all celebrating.

Nope, recommended?

And shit :/

The first few seasons are amazing the rest are decent. Its ending this season too so thats good. I think season 4. The one with John Lithgow was amazing.

Edit: One of the seasons was AWFUL though. I think it was 5. But it recovered after.

Worth watching though. Michael C Hall is very watchable.

Nope, recommended?

No.

The first 4 seasons ranges from decent to good, then it completely fell apart, his performance in six feet under is on a whole other level, there's so many other good shows worth wasting time on before Dexter imo. It does have some weird similarities though, like constantly talking to dead father and both being about handling dead bodies. :p

Clegg

Michael C Hall looks a bit odd in Six Feet Under. I don't even know how to describe it.

He just looks a lot more natural in Dexter. Which is rather ironic when you consider that his character lives a secret life as a serial killer

WJD

Found out tonight that my best mate slept with my ex a few months after we broke up and has been hiding it from me for nearly 2 years.

My life is normally so easy and drama-free but now I just feel fucking betrayed and humiliated. I don't know how to deal with this sort of shit.

Spoken to him and he's said how sorry he is and all that other shit but that's not much good to me at the moment. So fucked footy GAF. I don't know what to do.

Any experienced afer-darkers here... Help. My heads a mess.

3Sixty

Found out tonight that my best mate slept with my ex a few months after we broke up and has been hiding it from me for nearly 2 years.

My life is normally so easy and drama-free but now I just feel fucking betrayed and humiliated. I don't know how to deal with this sort of shit.

Spoken to him and he's said how sorry he is and all that other shit but that's not much good to me at the moment. So fucked footy GAF. I don't know what to do.

It happens bro.

I wouldn't worry too much. Bros before hoes.

Arnie

Not experienced in this particular scenario but I live by a policy that dictates if any one of my friends puts his penis before our friendship I'm happy to cut them loose.

Cutting people loose in general is a bit of a high school term, and I wouldn't completely blank them outright, but I'd make it known through my mannerisms and general demeanour that I didn't give much of a fuck anymore.

I despise it when people lose all sense of reality in search of a sexual thrill. There's probably countless numbers of women that your mate could've banged that night, but he didn't, he banged your ex. That says everything (to me) that I need to know.

Happened to a very close friend of mine, I had him this same advice, cut ties, they're obviously a complete fuckwit. He didn't. Said cunt came and stayed with him, uninvited, ended up trashing his house after an MD binge and leaving unnannounced one morning with a pair of his shoes.

Complete cock.

WJD

Not experienced in this particular scenario but I live by a policy that dictates if any one of my friends puts his penis before our friendship I'm happy to cut them loose.

Cutting people loose in general is a bit of a high school term, and I wouldn't completely blank them outright, but I'd make it known through my mannerisms and general demeanour that I didn't give much of a fuck anymore.

I despise it when people lose all sense of reality in search of a sexual thrill. There's probably countless numbers of women that your mate could've banged that night, but he didn't, he banged your ex. That says everything (to me) that I need to know.

Happened to a very close friend of mine, I had him this same advice, cut ties, they're obviously a complete fuckwit. He didn't. Said cunt came and stayed with him, uninvited, ended up trashing his house after an MD binge and leaving unnannounced one morning with a pair of his shoes.

Complete cock.

Any other mate and it'd be easy to cut ties but it's difficult with this one. Especially when we're booked to travel America in the summer with our girlfriends. All kinds of fucked up.

Wilbur

Banned

As someone who has for some time now had relatively big (but immature childish shitty boring nonsense) drama in my relationship, I feel for you man. Can't imagine what it must be like.

My best friend a few years ago is going out with someone I really used to like and even that's a bit odd, so I'm not really speaking from experience. Just that I know, as well as a lot of us here probably do, that relationships are going to fuck with everyone's heads. Yours, hers, his. Give it time. They only did it once right, so they probably both immediately regretted it and didnt want to hurt you, it'd be a different case if they carried it on.

It fucking must suck. But just take some space and a few days, weeks etc to simmer down a bit and see how you are then.

shortyme

While it was two years ago, its still new to you, so feel free to be angry but don't let it consume you. He probably does feel bad about it, to a point, but a lot can happen in two years. I guess it depends on how close you two are and how big your relationship was with your ex.

WJD

As someone who has for some time now had relatively big (but immature childish shitty boring nonsense) drama in my relationship, I feel for you man. Can't imagine what it must be like.

My best friend a few years ago is going out with someone I really used to like and even that's a bit odd, so I'm not really speaking from experience. Just that I know, as well as a lot of us here probably do, that relationships are going to fuck with everyone's heads. Yours, hers, his. Give it time. They only did it once right, so they probably both immediately regretted it and didnt want to hurt you, it'd be a different case if they carried it on.

It fucking must suck. But just take some space and a few days, weeks etc to simmer down a bit and see how you are then.

Aye, I'm going down to visit the girlfriend for a couple of days so I can cool off there before talking to him again. I couldn't give a shit about my ex since she's basically a drugged up skank nowadays, it's just the whole deception and betrayal thing that's fucking me over.

While it was two years ago, its still new to you, so feel free to be angry but don't let it consume you. He probably does feel bad about it, to a point, but a lot can happen in two years. I guess it depends on how close you two are and how big your relationship was with your ex.

It was only a year long thing with her and especially the tail end of that relationship was really shitty but like I said above, it's the act and the fact that he even contemplated doing it that hurts.

rodvik

Aye, I'm going down to visit the girlfriend for a couple of days so I can cool off there before talking to him again. I couldn't give a shit about my ex since she's basically a drugged up skank nowadays, it's just the whole deception and betrayal thing that's fucking me over.

It was only a year long thing with her and especially the tail end of that relationship was really shitty but like I said above, it's the act and the fact that he even contemplated doing it that hurts.

Advice. Do NOT harp on about this with your current GF. She does not want to hear about you and your ex. She wants to hear about you and her.

More advice. Accept your friends apology. He didn't have to tell you right?
Be the big man. Shake hands, move on.

I had this idea recently,

A group of us commit to buying a jersey of our choice. But rather it be for us, we secretly send it to one of the group members. That member doesn't find out until he gets the delivery. Eventually, everyone will get a jersey and they must then follow that team for at least a season.

What do you think?

Fry

A group of us commit to buying a jersey of our choice. But rather it be for us, we secretly send it to one of the group members. That member doesn't find out until he gets the delivery. Eventually, everyone will get a jersey and they must then follow that team for at least a season.

What do you think?

Horrible.

Sloosha

What do you think?

Everyone ends up with a Stoke shirt.

arkon

What do you think?

Sounds like fun.

Messi

What do you think?

The odds of me owning the jersey are stupidly high

Edit: We should do a secret santa between us folks this year. I feel like we are good enough pals that no one would flake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Any other mate and it'd be easy to cut ties but it's difficult with this one. Especially when we're booked to travel America in the summer with our girlfriends. All kinds of fucked up.
Meh, he can go fuck himself. Cut ties after that trip or spend it alone with your girl.

cut ties with a guy I've known since first grade for lesser than that

Lightning

Banned
The problem with this sort of thing is if they betray you like that once they will do it again with something else. For me personally if there is no trust then there is no friendship and after what he did I can't see how there can be proper trust with this guy even if you do bury the hatchet with him.

I'm not going to say what I'd do, or want to happen, because I'd unquestionably be banned for it - but suffice to say, it's not something I could move on and forget about.

Top Bottom