• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Arnie

Have any of you guys read The Edge Chronicles as a kid? It's not very popular over here but I reckon you English guys are more familiar with it. Those were the best :D

I did.

I once gave a talk about them to my class in Primary School.

Fuck, that's going back.

The first book of this was great. Second was ok. Don't think I even finished Amber Spyglass.

Not seen the film (Golden Compass I think they called it?) but by all accounts it was poor.

Amber Spyglass is the most disappointing individual book I've ever read. The Dark Tower is the most disappointing series

Yeah, he's better when he isn't in charge. I still miss They Think it's All Over.

Same :(

Its never repeated either, and you can't watch old episodes at all as far as I can tell

Linius

I've heard some good things about them. Problem is there are so many books I want to read already that the ones aimed at younger audiences tend to get short shrift.

Couldn't say how they are when reading them at an older age (don't even know your age but I assume you're past puberty :p). But as a kid they were my favourites.

Wilbur

Banned
Surely they have relegation release clauses in their contracts?

I'm pretty sure I read that they don't. Well at least Cesar and Granero don't. They'll leave anyway.

Samba and Remy almost certainly do considering the position the club were in when they joined. There'll be an exodus, they won't be able to manage that wage bill.

Gambit

The first book of this was great. Second was ok. Don't think I even finished Amber Spyglass.

Not seen the film (Golden Compass I think they called it?) but by all accounts it was poor.

The film was mediocre. The cast was ok, but it didn't really excite me.

A shame you didn't finish the last one. I thought it was the most interesting.

Anyway, just watched Looper. A strange film. It was much different from what I expected. For one thing, Bruce Willis' role was rather small.

Fintan

Amber Spyglass is the most disappointing individual book I've ever read. The Dark Tower is the most disappointing series

Same :(

Its never repeated either, and you can't watch old episodes at all as far as I can tell

I used to watch repeats on UKTV GOLD (I think), was great. Do they really not show it anywhere? You think they'd stick it on Dave or something.

EIwmfm0.jpg

So close

What episode does the trench coat make its first appearance in Always Sunny?

Gambit

Looper was such a wasted opportunity. Should have done so much shit in Shanghai with swag hair JGL.

Fucking farms.

yea, I didn`t expect the second half to only take place on a farm. In fact, I didn`t expect farms in the film at all.

Also, I was surprised that the girl from Coyote Ugly was topless.

Lightning

Banned
Players like Cesar, Remy and Samba will probably be sold and not have to play in the Championship although most likely at a loss for QPR. lol

Wilbur

Banned
Can't decide who else I hope goes down. In an ideal world City would be shitter, and Stoke would be nearer but alas. Reading and QPR can get fucked.

I probably want Sunderland to go down. Sorry Hixx. Although I'm on ur ignore list already <3 I just like Wigan, Southampton and Villa more.

Can't decide who else I hope goes down. In an ideal world City would be shitter, and Stoke would be nearer but alas. Reading and QPR can get fucked.

I probably want Sunderland to go down. Sorry Hixx. Although I'm on ur ignore list already <3 I just like Wigan, Southampton and Villa more.

I don't get the Wigan hate. Fair enough, Whelan's a cunt, but they're pretty entertaining and a great example of a club operating within their means

Reading, QPR and Norwich for me, although Norwich are pretty safe

Any moaning City fans can fuck off if they're whinging about the ref btw

jtb

Banned
Players like Cesar, Remy and Samba will probably be sold and not have to play in the Championship although most likely at a loss for QPR. lol

Doubt it. Their wages are probably way too high, even if their price is lower. Unless they all end up heading to Russia or something.

dc89

"Manchester City are finished as far as there title defence is concerned."

Until next week.

"Manchester City really need a win today to keep their title hopes alive."

It's been like that since... well United beat us at The Etihad. I love commentators.

pulga

Banned

Stop wanking around and go read/watch GoT.

Best read ever for me. Show is all kinds of awesome, too.

I'm pretty sure I read that they don't. Well at least Cesar and Granero don't. They'll leave anyway.

Samba and Remy almost certainly do considering the position the club were in when they joined. There'll be an exodus, they won't be able to manage that wage bill.

Anzhi will probably make a play to get Samba back.

Stop wanking around and go read/watch GoT.

Best read ever for me. Show is all kinds of awesome, too.

This is probably mainly nostalgia, but the Harry Potter series is the only one I can reread. I can't even remember which SoI&F book is which, and doubt I'll ever reread them

arkon

This is probably mainly nostalgia, but the Harry Potter series is the only one I can reread. I can't even remember which SoI&F book is which, and doubt I'll ever reread them

I can never forget. There are so many memorable moments etched into my mind from the first few books. I can still remember my initial reactions on the first reads of Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords.

jtb

Banned
How do you rate our top 4 chances now? That was a great result today.

It was a great result. 4 points behind CL football now with an easier run in and just one fixture a week. It'll be interesting to see if either Spurs or Chelsea drop points tomorrow (I suspect Chelsea will), but even if they don't, if the team keeps grinding out results like this, I don't see us missing out on 4th.

Liverpool losing was a nice little bonus too.

edit: even if Spurs win tomorrow, the gap's not really 7 points because we have a game in hand. Anyways, I still believe Spurs will finish 3rd, we'll finish 4th, and Chelsea will miss out on the top 4. Again.

How do you rate our top 4 chances now? That was a great result today.

As Usho pointed out, if Spurs win its back to 7 points and no gain for Arsenal. Same goes for Chelsea if they win.

What it has done is pushed you further from Liverpool but same with Everton.

So it was a vital win but Arsenal need to rely on other teams to help them out over the next few weeks, I think you only face Everton now who are close to you? You haven't got us or Chelsea, whereby you could not only gain points on us but stop us at the same time. Its going to be a fucking tense finish to the season, just hope we get a nice clean win tomorrow with a few goals to get goal difference up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That Liverpool wall was pathetic.

edit: even if Spurs win tomorrow, the gap's not really 7 points because we have a game in hand. Anyways, I still believe Spurs will finish 3rd, we'll finish 4th, and Chelsea will miss out on the top 4. Again.

If we win tomorrow the gap is 7 points. A game in hand is not an automatic 3 points.

dc89

Wow that's an awesome jesture. But I wonder how many people rolled up at the ticket office professing to be him!?

Top Bottom