• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

jtb

Banned
It's not an automatic three points, but there's a big difference between 7 points w/ a game in hand and 7 points. Just gotta keep grinding out results and I think we're capable of that; a fresh first-choice team playing every week... that's enough to close the gap, I think. Chelsea's squad couldn't finish in the top 4 last season; even with the addition of Hazard and Oscar they still have some major deficiencies (and are pretty lacking in depth). The 6 games in 16 days will be killer.

Zabojnik

Conte: "Claudio, how do you feel?"
Marchisio: "I'm fine."
Conte: "Run, then."

I fucking love this man.

conteboljuvkiss.gif

Linius

Screw you guys. I'm going sleep.

And yes Pulga, the old gods and the new. Even The Lord of Light.

Everytime someone quotes Melisandre I read in Carice her voice. It's terrible.

Though I'd hit hard with to which I swear by the old and the new Gods. But that's something else.

Carbonox

What clothing sites do you shit fucks use? ASOS? Don't be a twat and say shite like Topman. I need to broaden my horizons with reliable but good sites. Preferably with clothes I don't see every pecho frio in the street wearing (see Topman reference).

Linius

What clothing sites do you shit fucks use? ASOS? Don't be a twat and say shite like Topman. I need to broaden my horizons with reliable but good sites. Preferably with clothes I don't see every pecho frio in the street wearing (see Topman reference).

I just go the city centre and check out what I like. Mostly go to Esprit though, love their clothes.

Lightning

Banned
It's not an automatic three points, but there's a big difference between 7 points w/ a game in hand and 7 points. Just gotta keep grinding out results and I think we're capable of that; a fresh first-choice team playing every week... that's enough to close the gap, I think. Chelsea's squad couldn't finish in the top 4 last season; even with the addition of Hazard and Oscar they still have some major deficiencies (and are pretty lacking in depth). The 6 games in 16 days will be killer.
If we win out next 5 games we will be in 4th possibly 3rd spot and they are winnable. Reading (H) ,West Brom (A), Norwich (H), Everton (H), Fulham (A)

That is a winnable bunch of fixtures as far as I'm concerned. I hope we can do it.

Also, How many of these Chelsea players will be away on international duty? This break could be a blessing and a curse.

Yen

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Ashley Williams, Hatem Ben Arfa, Christian Eriksen, Stefan de Vrij, Lazar Markovic all being watched by #LFC.

broony

Asda £3 jeans. Serious. I'm 35 and I have earned my blart. I've a kid now and another on the way. My balls function so no need to make a show.

Carbonox

I just go the city centre and check out what I like. Mostly go to Esprit though, love their clothes.

I gradually stopped doing that (at least in my town) due to lack of variety. Unless I get a train in to London for a proper look around, online's my only real avenue.

Blablurn

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

i was 99% sure we wouldnt win this game! cant believe it. Gomez with a beautiful goal too? OMG. Are we in bizarro world? Anyway, I guess this win seals the championship! Time to focus on the CL!!

Struggling with GoT tbh. Still on the first book. I read a chapter every day, so slow.

I think it's cos I know what will happen so the book itself hasn't gripped me. Need to soldier through, really don't want to "skip" books and start from where S2 ended but getting tempted..

Linius

Struggling with GoT tbh. Still on the first book. I read a chapter every day, so slow.

I think it's cos I know what will happen so the book itself hasn't gripped me. Need to soldier through, really don't want to "skip" books and start from where S2 ended but getting tempted..

I'm struggling with the same feelings. I'm taking like forever to read trough the first book.

Randdalf

I actually found it more interesting to read the book after the TV show because there were things that happened differently and events explored in more detail. In fact there are entire bits missing from the first book in the TV series, largely to do with big battles.

Depends what kinda stuff you wanna wear I guess. I don't shop online for clothes cos I need to try em on etc before I buy but Uniqlo and Banana Republic are two stores I like and their online sites are good.

Linius

I actually found it more interesting to read the book after the TV show because there were things that happened differently and events explored in more detail. In fact there are entire bits missing from the first book in the TV series, largely to do with big battles.

What I most liked about reading the book is spotting some quotes which are exact the same as in the TV show. It really surprised me how great they adapted the first book up to where I'm at in the book right now.

Linius

Depends what kinda stuff you wanna wear I guess. I don't shop online for clothes cos I need to try em on etc before I buy but Uniqlo and Banana Republic are two stores I like and their online sites are good.

You have some good taste! Did you buy the jacket?

Lol apparently Rooney's lawyers have sent letters to the press saying if they call him fat he is going to take legal action against them..

Zabojnik

Journo: "Conte, before the match Marotta said that he would've signed you for one of his previous clubs."
Conte: "I'm not sure I would've joined one of Marotta's previous clubs. [laughs]"

Marotta shamed, lol.

vmHSWmk.jpg

It's strange with Lewandowski. He looks really happy to be here in BVB "behind the scenes" kind of videos. Plus, he's first choice striker for what can turn out to be one of Europe's top clubs. Yet, he desperately wants to leave. Of course, you never know how he's really feeling but I don't get it really. Looks like a case of bad influence by his agent but he could have fired that guy if he wanted... Well, good look to him wherever he'll go (except, you know, Bayern), he'll need it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Don't worry. Michu is saving his goals for your match with them. hehehe

And hopefully some goals in store for Chelsea too!

If Michu tries to score Hugo will try to punch his head off like last time.

Top Bottom