• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Linius

Talkshow with this pos
ross460.jpg

Only British show I know is Graham Norton :p

Arnie

Hmm okay.

So Liverpool are in a pretty tough spot then because 5th will be pretty hard now as they basically have 5 possibly 8 points (Arsenal and Everton have a game in hand) to catch up with not many games remaining.
European qualification looks a long way off.
Still haven't watched past episode 3 of S1 GoT and haven't read past the first page of the book.

Meh.

Read the books you lazy bastard.

They're amazing.

Linius

Broaden your world broseph. The UK makes some great television.

You've watched shows like Luther and Sherlock Holmes, haven't you? Right?

Talkshow I meant. I've seen two or three seasons of Spooks which was pretty good. And I still need to see the last three Luther episodes, a show that absolutely excellent. Other than that, nope. Though I'd like to watch Sherlock some time.

Oh and Top Gear of course.

Wilbur

Banned
European qualification looks a long way off.

Read the books you lazy bastard.

They're amazing.

Seems daunting, they're fucking big books. Might buy the first in the summer when I have some time.

Better than the show? I liked the bits with the tits and the barbarian man and the dwarf but I remember a scene where Sean Bean and Mark Addy sat down for a picnic in the forest and both of them in their Northern accents just made me realise it all looked a bit ludicrous.

Did you ever finish Deadwood btw? I need to watch that again

Carbonox

This Stereophonics song gives me a Bon Jovi vibe with its melody and shit.

Ross's show can be pretty good at times, though fairly awkward too. I still remember Tom Hardy's interview where JR made Hardy really uncomfortable (and fuck what Tom said about it being an 'act').

Linius

THIS!! And it goes to any of you lazy bastards who think you've got your fill from the TV show. You haven't, you all know nothing (Jon Snow).

I'm halfway trough the first book. But I just don't really get in to reading books lately.

Only exception to that is Murakami I guess. Read six or seven of his books the past three years. Which is a lot for me :p

Oh and I'm in love with books I got my nickname from.

dc89

Seems daunting, they're fucking big books. Might buy the first in the summer when I have some time.

Better than the show? I liked the bits with the tits and the barbarian man and the dwarf but I remember a scene where Sean Bean and Mark Addy sat down for a picnic in the forest and both of them in their Northern accents just made me realise it all looked a bit ludicrous.

Put it on a Kindle or something. I'm enjoying it much more on my Kindle.

Hixx

Books are better than the show. They aren't that long to be honest either. ADWD hard back looks daunting but I've not finished AFFC

Arnie

Just because you don't have a Northern accent. You're one of those Southerners sat there, in your red clay city, with your Winterfell FC shirt on.

Yes, they're far better than the show. They're easily some of the best books I've ever read. Wish I could wipe my memory and go back.

Not finished Deadwood. Sort of got jaded in the second season when I had loads of stuff to do, didn't watch them for a while, and now it seems an effort to pick them back up again. I will after I graduate.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't read anything I've actually wanted to read of my own volition since the last Potter. Just books for English that I don't really like. Found a few gems; Slaughterhouse-Five and The Wasp Factory were dynamite picks for A Level. But this year fucking sucks - Gender & Society in the 19th C novel. Adam Bede can eat my dick.

This Stereophonics song gives me a Bon Jovi vibe with its melody and shit.

Ross's show can be pretty good at times, though fairly awkward too. I still remember Tom Hardy's interview where JR made Hardy really uncomfortable (and fuck what Tom said about it being an 'act').

I like Ross when he isn't pandering to stars as much. Makes me laugh when he's just being the big immature prick he is.

Total Recall now, umf

dc89

Books > Tablets/E-Readers

I like a physical book collection, don't get me wrong. But I prefer hardbacks, I have the first two A Song of Ice and Fire in hardback, they look awesome on the book case.

But I can't lug that tome around with me everywhere.

Linius

I like a physical book collection, don't get me wrong. But I prefer hardbacks, I have the first two A Song of Ice and Fire in hardback, they look awesome on the book case.

But I can't lug that tome around with me everywhere.

Then we're good.

wwgv67b.jpg

Here's my hardbook copy. Yeah it's in Dutch, that's because the English hardback versions were crazy expensive over here :(

Wilbur

Banned
Put it on a Kindle or something. I'm enjoying it much more on my Kindle.

I don't have a kindle :( I don't mind the act of reading a book, it's just finding the time

Just because you don't have a Northern accent. You're one of those Southerners sat there, in your red clay city, with your Winterfell FC shirt on.

Yes, they're far better than the show. They're easily some of the best books I've ever read. Wish I could wipe my memory and go back.

Not finished Deadwood. Sort of got jaded in the second season when I had loads of stuff to do, didn't watch them for a while, and now it seems an effort to pick them back up again. I will after I graduate.

That metaphor is lost on me :lol. Time wasted, fuck you. I'll buy GOT in the summer, think Sky Atlantic are showing them all again soon as well.

Mm you certainly should when you can. I just read an interview with Ian McShane and remembered just how fucking brilliant a character Al is.

Wilbur

Banned
Read that for the crack last year, one of my housemates was telling me it was great, but I wasn't a massive fan. The whole twist thing was just a bit ridiculous and abstract.

I think it was a pulpy enough read in the first place that it just about got away with it. A tad silly, but good characterisation up until then meant I just went with it. It's a well written book though.

Slaughterhouse-Five is amazing though. Stunningly good book.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My word that was a godly save from Guzan on Samba's header. Great shot stopper.

Linius

Have any of you guys read The Edge Chronicles as a kid? It's not very popular over here but I reckon you English guys are more familiar with it. Those were the best :D

Wilbur

Banned
My word that was a godly save from Guzan on Samba's header. Great shot stopper.

Yeah; don't think he's got enough control of his defence sometimes and commanding the box but he's a great shot stopper like you say.

Would you be open to Benteke? He isn't the top class striker you need but young, suited to the league, can play up front by himself and is pretty much an all rounder; strong, fast, can play, can score, can link up. What a buy he's been.

Hixx

Maybe I should re-read His Dark Materials one day. I remember loving them when I was younger.

The first book of this was great. Second was ok. Don't think I even finished Amber Spyglass.

Not seen the film (Golden Compass I think they called it?) but by all accounts it was poor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah; don't think he's got enough control of his defence sometimes and commanding the box but he's a great shot stopper like you say.

Would you be open to Benteke? He isn't the top class striker you need but young, suited to the league, can play up front by himself and is pretty much an all rounder; strong, fast, can play, can score, can link up. What a buy he's been.

Would love Benteke. He's raw but he has all the attributes, plus he doesn't mind a scrap. Another Belgian can't hurt.

Linius

The girl next door is having her birthday and somehow she always manages to invite the most cuntish dudes living in this town. Yelling in the street and acting drunk, it's really pathetic to see :p

Wilbur

Banned
You are quickly moving down on my favourite posters list.

:p

well that's just rude

I'll get round to it eventually. I don't really want to watch the show because it'll ruin the books whereas reading the books won't ruin the show, but it's just investing the time.

arkon

Have any of you guys read The Edge Chronicles as a kid? It's not very popular over here but I reckon you English guys are more familiar with it. Those were the best :D

I've heard some good things about them. Problem is there are so many books I want to read already that the ones aimed at younger audiences tend to get short shrift.

Clegg

Patrice Evra and David de Gea clash over choice of dressing room music.

‘David’s asked Patrice if he’ll change the music. He’s more thrash metal than RnB,’ a source revealed.

‘He’s asked to have tracks by Slayer and Napalm Death added to the dressing room playlist.’
De God just got ten times better.

Carbonox

The girl next door is having her birthday and somehow she always manages to invite the most cuntish dudes living in this town. Yelling in the street and acting drunk, it's really pathetic to see :p

someone's jealous.......

Go out like the greased up deaf guy to scare the fuckers off.
eDPmEzo.jpg

Clegg

Patrice Evra and David de Gea clash over choice of dressing room music.

‘David’s asked Patrice if he’ll change the music. He’s more thrash metal than RnB,’ a source revealed.

‘He’s asked to have tracks by Slayer and Napalm Death added to the dressing room playlist.’
Quoting for new page.

Top Bottom