• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Ahahaha, Pioli at the end. "Non si fa cosi', dovete portare rispetto!" Fuck you and your band of cunts. Half the stadium was filled with our fans. Conte has every right to cheer them on. MORTADELLA FOR EVERYBODY TONIGHT!

Arnie

Sinclair, Rodwell, and Maicon have all been woeful signings. Absolutely terrible.

City don't deserve to be anywhere near the title, and they aren't.

Lightning

Banned
Does anyone know how the Europa league qualification works for English teams? I know Swansea qualify because that's the League Cup reward. But what else?

Sinclair, Rodwell, and Maicon have all been woeful signings. Absolutely terrible.

There is something wrong with Mancini. City have the players to beat Everton but waking up to see that... Fuck City. Reminded me of the Southampton game where Southampton pressed City right out of the game where Hart made even more errors. Their transfer dealings have been bad but these results shouldn't be happening and that's not mentioning the champions league humiliation for the second straight season. There are too many problems at City for the Manager to get a free pass.

Arnie

Does anyone know how the Europa league qualification works for English teams? I know Swansea qualify because that's the League Cup reward. But what else?

Winner of FA Cup get it, but because it'll no doubt be a team in the Champions League winning it, either Wigan or Millwall will have it. So it's simply 5th place gets the last spot.

dc89

Rodwell bossed Chelsea. It's just a shame about his injuries. He's the future Assassin if he gets and stays fit.

FootballFan

He's joking.

Well kinda about Cleverley but I do wonder who will replace Xavi.

Sergi Roberto looks great every time he plays but he is young so you can't trust that he will be good enough. Cesc isn't the same. Thiago is like Ronaldinho/Iniesta lol.

Korez

734509_497837403610768_1593980379_n.jpg

261411_497837523610756_270536305_n.jpg

<3

Carbonox

I think I read somewhere that Wigan or Millwall are guaranteed a place in the Europa League too due to the FA Cup, due to who's left in the tournament.

If correct, that leaves only one or two spots in the league I believe (so currently one of - or both of - Arsenal and Everton as of right now).

Edit: Arnie covered it. Would love to see Millwall have some randomly awesome run in the Europa League.

K1LLER7

Sergi Roberto looks great every time he plays but he is young so you can't trust that he will be good enough. Cesc isn't the same. Thiago is like Ronaldinho/Iniesta lol.
Moutinho?

Rodwell?

Arnie

Rodwell bossed Chelsea. It's just a shame about his injuries. He's the future Assassin if he gets and stays fit.
One good game and 18 hamstring injuries doesn't justify the outlay, I'm afraid.

The lad's a crock, unfortunately, and not worth the risk. Even if Wilshere had this many injuries I doubt you'd see a team pay that sort of cash for him.

Kind of think you need to realise that nobody will replace Xavi. He's irreplaceable.

You'll just have some other class player in your midfield.

Lightning

Banned
Winner of FA Cup get it, but because it'll no doubt be a team in the Champions League winning it, either Wigan or Millwall will have it. So it's simply 5th place gets the last spot.
I thought there was something about you have to be in the premier league or is this not true? So Wigan could miss out if they are relegated?

Edit: I see, No Europe football at all next season a possibility? Wenger what the fuck..... Fix this shit damnit.

I thought there was something about you have to be in the premier league or is this not true? So Wigan could miss out if they are relegated?

Thought I heard something a few years ago about Welsh clubs playing in England not being able to compete in Europe, but that must have been rubbish

dc89

One good game and 18 hamstring injuries doesn't justify the outlay, I'm afraid.

The lad's a crock, unfortunately, and not worth the risk. Even if Wilshere had this many injuries I doubt you'd see a team pay that sort of cash for him.

f8848b8ddac1c5cdda2f586bb23c6c50.png

RSC.jpeg

Fintan

I think there was some talk of Bradford not taking up the Europa League, if they did win the League Cup. I might be wrong there, though.

Arnie

Arnie, you left us. Why?! :(

Because you were slowing down my Whatsapp. Every time I go on to chat to vikings it takes ages to process all the shit from that conversation. I'll rejoin when I'm next having a big night out and post more anus pictures.

Linius

Now that's very nice of you. If you're ever around I'll buy you a beer.

Unless you win the title again, then you can fuck off

Didn't you pay attention? Frank already said we're going to win. The deal is done. You can take up on my invite to come to our league title party or stay at home and cry yourself to sleep.

Because you were slowing down my Whatsapp. Every time I go on to chat to vikings it takes ages to process all the shit from that conversation. I'll rejoin when I'm next having a big night out and post more anus pictures.

I take great comfort in knowing that!

Yep, even if they stay up. Can see him going Spurs, and he'd be great there.

Shit imagine a counter attack with Lennon Benteke Bale.

Id take him if we could sell one of our current two. I want two strikers in the summer, another pacey winger (although Townsend is doing well) and a young keeper.

Lightning

Banned
Birmingham got it, didn't they, and they were relegated.
Hmm okay.

So Liverpool are in a pretty tough spot then because 5th will be pretty hard now as they basically have 5 possibly 8 points (Arsenal and Everton have a game in hand) to catch up with not many games remaining.

Top Bottom