• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

pulsemyne

That was a slightly unlucky match for swansea. A 2-2 draw would have been the right result. They played much better in the second half and seemed more confident. Hernandez was still awful though. Tiendali was excellent all game.

FootballFan

Celta (4-5-1): Varas; Jony, Cabral, Demidov, Roberto Lago; Pranjic, Oubina, Insa, Augusto, Orellana; Park.

Barcelona (4-3-3): Pinto; Dani Alves, Pique, Bartra, Montoya; Song, Fabregas, Thiago; Alexis, Messi, Tello.

Spurs now have 2 teams below them in the race for 4th.

Come on. You can't mess this up.

So fucking tense this race for 3rd and 4th. One week its doom and gloom, next week its looking good.

We just have to keep our heads high, Everton at home next without Pienaar and Fellaini.

Chelsea play twice before their next league game...ouch. Their next four away games in the league are Fulham, Liverpool, United and Villa. Please let everyone beat them!!

Fry

Benitez can still go choke on a chicken leg the cunt.

ibo0RsfLfzfyON.gif

Chelsea play Spurs and then Liverpool in the third week of April before United in May.

United and Newcastle will be our toughest fixtures remaining

Spurs must play City, Wigan and Chelsea.

The door for third place is open for us

Didn't expect much today.

Sunderland slipping has cheered me up though. I just don't see where, in the games that they could get points, the goals are going to come from.

FootballFan

If Messi scores here he becomes the first player to score against every team in the league consecutively. At least 1 goal in each of his last 18 games.

Suen

Celta (4-5-1): Varas; Jony, Cabral, Demidov, Roberto Lago; Pranjic, Oubina, Insa, Augusto, Orellana; Park.

Barcelona (4-3-3): Pinto; Dani Alves, Pique, Bartra, Montoya; Song, Fabregas, Thiago; Alexis, Messi, Tello.
Alexis? I know you are not going all out especially with CL coming up but why waste that spot on him? Bring someone from Barca B and give them a chance. Oh well time to switch to the Barca match.

My dad bought the bright orange CL ball for his over 50s team. Swerves about a lot like my brothers one but really nice to play with.

Oh man, you can get absolutely gorged at TBell for cheap here lol and they are open late.

No wonder the people in the advert were celebrating.

GQman2121

Banned
There's a case to be made that we have no business being in the top three, let alone, four this year. The amount of points we've dropped to teams in the bottom third of the table is staggering.

TrueBlue

There's a case to be made that we have no business being in the top three, let alone, four this year. The amount of points we've dropped to teams in the bottom third of the table is staggering.

It's cool man, we'll just win the EL and get through on a technicality again.

I think I'm going to cry.

Suen

They have Armero and Zuñiga. Add a Colombian striker and they'll dominate

Bacca plz
Not every Colombian striker is like Falcao. Atletico will have the same fate as Napoli once Falcao leaves for EPL
(and becomes shit)

Hope Falcao stays, want to see how far Atletico will make it with him in CL.

Chievo line-up: Puggioni, Frey, Andreolli, Dainelli, Cesar, Dramé, Guana, Rigoni, Cofie, Therau, Paloschi.

Paloschino :3 Still remember his first match with us in Serie A, he scored after 15 seconds he was subbed in. Pretty sure we'll see back in Milan in a year or two.

Random fact:
Milan is the only club without a goal scored by defenders in Serie A this season. Chievo's defenders have scored 3 goals.
Paging Acerbi.

Shut up. Napoli is awesome. I hope Milan sell El Fareone to PSG

Yes, of course. Will totally happen :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good god I hate Naughton at LB. BAE might be a character but he knows how to play left full back. Naughts doesn't, he's like Evra, always too close to the CB and doesn't communicate with the man in front.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not every Colombian striker is like Falcao. Atletico will have the same fate as Napoli once Falcao leaves for EPL
(and becomes shit)

Hope Falcao stays, want to see how far Atletico will make it with him in CL.

Atletico has great scouts. We had Kun and Niño after all. Falcao has been garbage for weeks. Give me Muriel

Good god I hate Naughton at LB. BAE might be a character but he knows how to play left full back. Naughts doesn't, he's like Evra, always too close to the CB and doesn't communicate with the man in front.

Indeed, if Swansea had a decent right winger we would've got battered today. Too many times Naughton was tucked in, guess that is why Bale played LW second half.

Top Bottom