• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

arkon

Cardiff are such fucking bottlers.

Yeah. Lucky for them that the teams around them dropped points yesterday. Still think they've got too many points in the bag to slip out of the automatic promotion positions. Although you never say never.

Watch Huddersfield bend over for Hull now :(

Zabojnik

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES CAVANI PLS!!!! FootballFan, come to us, come to the light!

Cavani would be a beast for Madrid, I think. He'd fit right in. Not as flashy as other Real players, but still pretty good tecnically, untirable and a clinical striker.

I was too young to remember those seasons. Remind me what happened?

I don't even remember anymore, history repeating itself. Yurt knows.

According to Wiki, back in 1996/1997, Juve won the Scudetto and lost the UCL to Borussia.

Thanks for reminding me of that final, flippedb. Really, thank you.

flippedb

Banned
Chievo line-up: Puggioni, Frey, Andreolli, Dainelli, Cesar, Dramé, Guana, Rigoni, Cofie, Therau, Paloschi.

Paloschino :3 Still remember his first match with us in Serie A, he scored after 15 seconds he was subbed in. Pretty sure we'll see back in Milan in a year or two.

How good is Paloschi? Milan's attack is pretty much complete now.

gruppe9697.jpg

<3

How good is Paloschi? Milan's attack is pretty much complete now.

Kinda good, still needs to improve though. Think of him as Borriello a few years ago, before he had that amazing season at Genoa. An extremely fragile Borriello, he's used to get injured quite often.

Suen

Atletico has great scouts. We had Kun and Niño after all. Falcao has been garbage for weeks. Give me Muriel
And Torres :lol :lol. No for real I agree with you, Atletico do have great scouts. They should also bring Martinez and James to the team and make it more interesting, sorry Porto-GAF.

Poor Celta, offside goal :lol

I'm pretty excited how the fight for the fourth spot is shaping up to be in EPL. Getting really intense now, some weeks ago, especially after the Spurs loss I thought it was impossible to catch up but we've done well since then. The fourth or even third spot could very well be within our grasp. Hope things continue to go smoothly for us.

Arse-gaf, IF(!) we get a striker who are we likely to get? What options are available out there?

Wilbur

Banned
Think I could have predicted every result today; not scoreline but there was no shocks whatsoever in the PL. Even Southampton beating Chelsea was something I think we all saw.

Think Sunderland are going down Hixx, I really do. Kyoufu you have nothing to worry about. No way Wigan, Villa and Sunderland all slip past you.

Lightning

Banned
Think I could have predicted every result today; not scoreline but there was no shocks whatsoever in the PL. Even Southampton beating Chelsea was something I think we all saw.

Think Sunderland are going down Hixx, I really do. Kyoufu you have nothing to worry about. No way Wigan, Villa and Sunderland all slip past you.
Think we'll beat West Brom next week?

Southampton at St Mary's are a bitch to play. I haven't seen the game but I imagine they pressed the fuck out of Chelsea's midfield.

Suen

Cavani would be a beast for Madrid, I think. He'd fit right in. Not as flashy as other Real players, but still pretty good tecnically, untirable and a clinical striker.

I don't even remember anymore, history repeating itself. Yurt knows.

I think he would fit there really well for the same reason you mentioned. Good striker, can finish, works really hard, hell he even goes helps in the defense when he can. I just want to see a good replacement to the usual Higuain-Benz choice.

Wilbur

Banned
Think we'll beat West Brom next week?

Southampton at St Mary's are a bitch to play. I haven't seen the game but I imagine they pressed the fuck out of Chelsea's midfield.

I do. I think WBA have hit a glass ceiling. They're not going to be relegated but I think they've already realised they're not getting Europe, so I can see you winning 2, 3-1. Will be tough but Arsenal are pretty good at going to places like WBA, Everton, West Ham and picking up results before spectacularly flopping at home to shitter clubs. Still hoping you get fourth.

Suen

If I were Arsenal I'd get Rojas from Paraguay. That dude is incredible. He's only like 19, too
Unproven in top European leagues, have to build him up and invest in him. Not sure if that would be a good idea, we need a proven striker who will do definitely do the job before we can think of taking risks.

Also Barca is playing some dangerous game with Celta lol.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Unproven in top European leagues, have to build him up and invest in him. Not sure if that would be a good idea, we need a proven striker who will do definitely do the job before we can think of taking risks.

Also Barca is playing some dangerous game with Celta lol.

I'm not as bad as Regulus but I do enjoy youth football. Rojas is going to be a star.

Gambit

Crazy Jupp is at it again, what is he thinking? Gustavo at LB???? WTF. He should've started Gustavo next so Schweini, the two still need to sync up.

He is irritating me so much. Especially since everyone was away for the national teams, one game to synch up again would really have been good.

Anyway, at least my Pizarro is playing.

Have a good game everyone. Off to my Dad's 50th birthday party.

spidye

He is irritating me so much. Especially since everyone was away for the national teams, one game to synch up again would really have been good.

Anyway, at least my Pizarro is playing.

to be fair contento's girlfriend is having a baby and alaba is getting rested. he doesn't have much choice.

Is Lambert's age a good enough reason to leave him out of the England squad? I don't think so.

Rooney
Welbeck
Defoe
Sturridge

Not exactly amazing players taking his place.

fuenf

Mh I just had an interesting thought, what if Heynckes is simply trying out Gustavo at LB, because he plans to play Alaba as a CM against Juve.

Top Bottom