• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Wonder if United could finish the season with the best defensive record.

31 goals A so far. 2nd best behind City who have 25 A.

Would be a nice turnaround for our crappy defence.

Zabojnik

Still no info on Giovinco's condition, guess we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow. Apprently his ankle looked like a watermelon after the match, which isn't surprising. He's out for Bayern for sure. Fuck our collective lives. Cambiassassin.

Wilbur

Banned

Defence have been brilliant recently. Ferdinand has had his best season since 2008/09. Evans stepping it up. Vidic back to form after looking shaky every time he's come back. De God is the GOAT.

Beating City by a goal or two would be nice.

Clegg

Since the return of Vidic all of our defenders have seemed to gain a lot of confidence.

He's not the sole reason for our improving defence of course . Evans, Rio and Smalling have all looked pretty solid.

Wilbur

Banned
Still no info on Giovinco's condition, guess we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow. Apprently his ankle looked like a watermelon after the match, which isn't surprising. He's out for Bayern for sure. Fuck our collective lives.

Don't think Giovinco is necessarily the right choice against Bayern anyway, Martinez and Dante will just bully him. I'd go for

Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah; Marchisio; Vucinic

dat team (with no recognised goalscorer)

Fuck I love Juve. I wanna play them again.

Salazar

Young so desperate to slip players in along the touchline instead of just looking up and putting the ball in the fucking box.

I swear, it feels like he's doing it because he sees it as the clever option. Needs to be grabbed by some or other coach, shaken senseless, and informed that it is horribly fucking low-percentage when it's him that is trying it.

Valencia was not as shrapnel-spraying a disaster as in some previous games, but I don't think he has progressed. Slump mode ongoing.

Defence have been brilliant recently. Ferdinand has had his best season since 2008/09. Evans stepping it up. Vidic back to form after looking shaky every time he's come back. De God is the GOAT.

Since the return of Vidic all of our defenders have seemed to gain a lot of confidence.

He's not the sole reason for our improving defence of course . Evans, Rio and Smalling have all looked pretty solid.

Yeah agreed, Vidic has made an impact. I think it's because he defends far more aggressively than any of our other CBs. Rio and Evans in particular look to snuff things out but Vidic is alot more effective on the front foot attacking the ball. Think we would invite alot of pressure earlier on in the season and we were also very susceptible on crosses. Vidic defo a big help on those two fronts.

arkon

Don't think Giovinco is necessarily the right choice against Bayern anyway, Martinez and Dante will just bully him. I'd go for

Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah; Marchisio; Vucinic

The Vooch will come good. Cometh the hour...

deGod

The reason is deGod is well God

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Still no info on Giovinco's condition, guess we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow. Apprently his ankle looked like a watermelon after the match, which isn't surprising. He's out for Bayern for sure. Fuck our collective lives. Cambiassassin.

If its anything like Bale's very similar injury two seasons ago, that will be the end if him this season. Almost certainly damaged his ankle ligaments.

PowderedToast

165472_589231044421105_1221300900_n.jpg

so tru

Lightning

Banned

Games against City, Arsenal and Chelsea will be a good test for that defence.

Wilbur

Banned
There's a Life's Too Short special? POR QUE?

Young so desperate to slip players in along the touchline instead of just looking up and putting the ball in the fucking box.

I swear, it feels like he's doing it because he sees it as the clever option. Needs to be grabbed by some or other coach, shaken senseless, and informed that it is horribly fucking low-percentage when it's him that is trying it.

Valencia was not as shrapnel-spraying a disaster as in some previous games, but I don't think he has progressed. Slump mode ongoing.

Both fucking wank. Young's just a fucking pussy. Never challenges, never takes anyone on, never runs at a defender, never runs towards his own fucking box. Fuck him. Fucking waste of money, and I hope Zahabraham Lincoln puts him on his fucking arse. Valencia's just ineffectual. Fucking wingers.

the worst post in footygaf history apart from that one about abload vs minus

Zabojnik

I wanted us to go out against United. :( Hopefully next year! I agree about Giovinco, but since Vucinic hasn't been feeling well, I'd rather we had one more striker at our disposal. Anelka (?) will have to do, I 'spose. Not the biggest fan of XI with only one striker. Conte is seriously thinking about it though, he kind of suggested it in the presser earlier. Whatever, I just want to hear the CL music. <3

Wilbur

Banned
Games against City and Chelsea will be a good test for that defence.

fixed

Nah but can't see us keeping a clean sheet in any of them to be honest. Our defence have been great recently but it hasn't really been tested. Not that it necessarily matters if we do let in goals providing we score more. Still confident we'll beat yourselves and City. Draw with Chelsea I think. Dat poisonous Bridge atmosphere.

fixed

Nah but can't see us keeping a clean sheet in any of them to be honest. Our defence have been great recently but it hasn't really been tested. Not that it necessarily matters if we do let in goals providing we score more. Still confident we'll beat yourselves and City. Draw with Chelsea I think. Dat poisonous Bridge atmosphere.
FA Cup replay you twat.

Why don't you want to be friends?

I simply don't enjoy FootballGAF, very little actual discussion outside of the group of fans of each team discussing their team. Man U fans just talk about Man U with each other, Liverpool fans with Liverpool and so on.

It always seems that whenever a conversation does sort of start one of the fan groups does it's best to steer it back towards their team. Of course, things might have improved since the last few times I looked in, but even those times the football conversations were sparse, and it was mainly pictures of 'Woman of the Week' or 'banter', which I understand might be what you guys want, which is fine, but it's not for me.

Salazar

if sunderland go for mark hughes, i might die of laughter.

I can't imagine (hell, mathematics as an enterprise of human knowledge probably can't contain) the number of times a player being managed by Mark Hughes has thought "I'm not looking at or listening to the sideline. What a thin-lipped Welsh cunt. I'll wait for the club to bin him."

McLaren is at least a cheerful option.

Wilbur

Banned
I wish Life's too Short is half as funny as Ricky Gervais thinks it is.

Makes me sad that it isn't very good. And Derek. The Office is still the best television show of all time, and Extras is fucking phenomenal as well.

Been listening to the XFM shows again. The early ones where they slowly fall in love with Karl are the best.

Wilbur

Banned
I simply don't enjoy FootballGAF, very little actual discussion outside of the group of fans of each team discussing their team. Man U fans just talk about Man U with each other, Liverpool fans with Liverpool and so on.

It always seems that whenever a conversation does sort of start one of the fan groups does it's best to steer it back towards their team. Of course, things might have improved since the last few times I looked in, but even those times the football conversations were sparse, and it was mainly pictures of 'Woman of the Week' or 'banter', which I understand might be what you guys want, which is fine, but it's not for me.

Well this has made me sad

I always thought FootyGAF was the last bastion of hope for humanity :( i do try. I really do. I'm sorry. I've failed. We've all failed.

Maybe we are a bit intimidating to newbies by not actually talking about football :lol

Lightning

Banned
fixed

I think you'll beat us too but I do think given what's at stake at least for us and Chelsea that we will both come at United trying to win the game which will test your defence. Neither of us will probably win but I will be very disappointed if we don't make a game of it or put your defence under pressure in the game.

L1NETT

Makes me sad that it isn't very good. And Derek. The Office is still the best television show of all time, and Extras is fucking phenomenal as well.

Been listening to the XFM shows again. The early ones where they slowly fall in love with Karl are the best.

So good.

Shame Karl supports United though (this is from an interview with him a few years back I think)

An avid Red, Karl is happy to chat in his inimitable style about his football passions, which might have worked out rather differently. “I’m from the Racecourse estate in Sale,” he explains. “Me mam bought me a City kit for Christmas, so I tried supporting them for a bit. But watching them put me off football for a few years.

"Me dad used to drive a black cab and I used to come with him and sit in the front on a crate. We'd get a few jobs at Old Trafford on matchnights and the atmosphere just felt special. I started to spend more time there when me mam got a job in Lou Macari’s chippy. That’s probably when I started supporting United.”

Well this has made me sad

I always thought FootyGAF was the last bastion of hope for humanity :( i do try. I really do. I'm sorry. I've failed. We've all failed.

Maybe we are a bit intimidating to newbies by not actually talking about football :lol

haha, nah, it's 'right' for you guys as a community, I guess. It's what you want.

Salazar

I think you'll beat us too but I do think given what's at stake at least for us and Chelsea that we will both come at United trying to win the game which will test your defence. Neither of us will probably win but I will be very disappointed if we don't make a game of it or put your defence under pressure in the game.

lol

We will grind Arsenal into ickle bits. ClevGOD will send Jack down the tunnel on his stumpy legs again.

Top Bottom